Org
    University of Benin College of Optometry
    Loc
    UYO, Nigeria, NG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Nelson View Post
    I don't play Christian or political stations...opens the door to too many unsolicited conversations in an effort to convert me to (insert political or religious belief here).
    So, what's wrong with you getting converted?
    Uduak Udom, OD, FNOA, FNCO, FAAO.
    Nigeria.

2. Truly360 - 2

Supporting Member
    Org
    University of Houston College of Optometry
    Loc
    Odessa, Tx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use AOL radio.
    Mostly I keep it on Christian, but I can change to Christmas, patriotic, Sinatra style on heavy seniors days, etc.

Supporting Member
    Org
    University of Houston College of Optometry
    Loc
    Odessa, Tx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't play Christian or political stations...opens the door to too many unsolicited conversations in an effort to convert me to (insert political or religious belief here).
    The AOL station is all music and no commentary.

Org
    Southern College of Optometry
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uduak Udom View Post
    So, what's wrong with you getting converted?
    I just don't want to deal with the attempt. I'm pretty set in my ways, so it would only be an exercise in futility.
    Could we get AWP if every OD treated advocacy with the same sense of necessity as their $100/mo cell phone bill? Yes. We would have a 36 million dollar per year AOAPAC and would be able to get virtually whatever we wanted politically.

Instead, we make excuses as individuals. We equivocate. I'm too busy. I'm too pissed at the AOA. I'm too pissed about this. I'm too pissed about that. I'm a Republican. I'm a Democrat. I hate politics. I'm too broke. That doesn't apply to MY situation.

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

Org
    Depaul University
    Loc
    Chicago, IL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pandora One

I use Pandora's streaming Music (www.pandora.com) $30.00 for a year subscription. I have several "Stations" set to play everything from 40's swing, to James Taylor and Jimmy Buffet. (presently listening to Classical). Patients are always asking whats playing and are very positive.

Although Saturday mornings I always play "Car Talk" off of NPR. Actually have a cadre of patients that stop in to listen to a bit while enjoying some coffee and getting an adjustment.

KC

Org
    Loc
    UYO, Nigeria, NG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just don't want to deal with the attempt. I'm pretty set in my ways, so it would only be an exercise in futility.
    How sad!
    Nigeria.

Org
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uduak Udom View Post
    How sad!
    Why? How do you know I'm not the correct one?
    Could we get AWP if every OD treated advocacy with the same sense of necessity as their $100/mo cell phone bill? Yes. We would have a 36 million dollar per year AOAPAC and would be able to get virtually whatever we wanted politically.

Instead, we make excuses as individuals. We equivocate. I'm too busy. I'm too pissed at the AOA. I'm too pissed about this. I'm too pissed about that. I'm a Republican. I'm a Democrat. I hate politics. I'm too broke. That doesn't apply to MY situation.

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

Org
    Loc
    Lexington, KY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about television stations played in the office? No need for license for that I would guess? (this a question)
    Trying to figure my place in this world...

Supporting Member
    Org
    Ohio State University College of Optometry
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer Megadeth played in the office on volume setting "max".
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Org
    Illinois College of Optometry
    Loc
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Megadeth

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Hirt View Post
    Dr. Hirt,
    I am prepared to offer you an associateship or partnership based solely on that comment. Call me.
    Dr. Ken Jeffers
    Ken Jeffers, O.D.
    "Never hire a color blind bomb technician"

Org
    Loc
    UYO, Nigeria, NG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why? How do you know I'm not the correct one?
    Being set in your ways and not wanting to try a change in any direction is never the correct one, I think.
    Nigeria.

Supporting Member
    Org
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice!

A true fan am I...., are you going to the Arizona State Fair on Sat. 11-06-10 (I'm not sure how far that is from your home)? I truly considered it---I'll be in Las Vegas Thurs, Fri, Sat am, but will be flying home Sat am (I thought of flying to the AZ fair and flying home Sunday). If I would have known you're a Droog, I would've considered it

I did see The Jaegermeister Tour earlier this month in Columbus. Did a meet- n- greet with Mustaine and Co., photo, autographed Dave's book, FRONT row in the pit (I did not surf---I'm a bit frightened of that aspect), great time.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jeffers View Post
    Dr. Hirt,
    I am prepared to offer you an associateship or partnership based solely on that comment. Call me.
    Dr. Ken Jeffers
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Org
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Hirt
    Nice!

A true fan am I...., are you going to the Arizona State Fair on Sat. 11-06-10 (I'm not sure how far that is from your home)? I truly considered it---I'll be in Las Vegas Thurs, Fri, Sat am, but will be flying home Sat am (I thought of flying to the AZ fair and flying home Sunday). If I would have known you're a Droog, I would've considered it

I did see The Jaegermeister Tour earlier this month in Columbus. Did a meet- n- greet with Mustaine and Co., photo, autographed Dave's book, FRONT row in the pit (I did not surf---I'm a bit frightened of that aspect), great time.

Steve
    I was listening to 99 Ways To Die on my way home today....I was unaware of any volume level other than "full".

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

Org
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uduak Udom

Being set in your ways and not wanting to try a change in any direction is never the correct one, I think.
    But my ways are the product of the journey. It's not about being closed as much as being comfortable with where I've been led.

It's Interesting where threads can lead.

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

Supporting Member
    Org
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another droog?

A fine choice there, Steve-O-Reeno--!!!!!! And actually a great video, as far as the message goes.

Could it be true that you are a friend of Megadeth as well, kind Sir?

I was listening to 99 Ways To Die on my way home today....I was unaware of any volume level other than "full".
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Supporting Member
    Org
    SCO
    Loc
    Memphis, TN
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How do you know when a Megadeth fan has stayed at your house?

Because they're still there.

Org
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

A fine choice there, Steve-O-Reeno--!!!!!! And actually a great video, as far as the message goes.

Could it be true that you are a friend of Megadeth as well, kind Sir?
    Funny...I read this thread and came home and put on "Almost Honest", so I guess the answer would have to be yes.

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

Supporting Member
    Org
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now go spin Rust In Peace in its entirety and all its glory, and you are a fan and friend forever---

Funny...I read this thread and came home and put on "Almost Honest", so I guess the answer would have to be yes.
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Org
    Loc
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Megafan

Nice!

Steve
    Steve,
    I submit to your Megadeth knowledge and mastery. I am a fan, albeit just a fan. I'm not a rabid Megadeth fan but I like them. Didn't even know they were at my own state's fair. As soon as I saw the advertisement for Bret Michaels I lost interest in my state fair. I saw the Scorpions in their last tour a few months ago, and Iron Maiden a month or two before that. Although most of my hair is gone now, I will remain a fan of the hair bands forever!
    If you see Megadeth at AZ State Fair, let me know what you think!
    Ken Jeffers, O.D.

Org
    Loc
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Still at my house

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sandy View Post
    How do you know when a Megadeth fan has stayed at your house?

Because they're still there.
    Hilarious! I can relate!
    Ken Jeffers, O.D.

Supporting Member
    Org
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah yes, I wish to see Maiden sometime in the near future, hopefully before they "retire". I was glad to see Dio back in high school (mid-80's) since his unfortunate passing a few months ago----time marches on, doesn't it? If Megadeth tour again next year (I think they will with Anthrax, Slayer and Metallica, believe it or not), that is a must-see event, friends and neighbors! We'll have to hook up with Nelson and bang our heads (while hopefully not losing our hearing! lol)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jeffers View Post
    Steve,
    I submit to your Megadeth knowledge and mastery. I am a fan, albeit just a fan. I'm not a rabid Megadeth fan but I like them. Didn't even know they were at my own state's fair. As soon as I saw the advertisement for Bret Michaels I lost interest in my state fair. I saw the Scorpions in their last tour a few months ago, and Iron Maiden a month or two before that. Although most of my hair is gone now, I will remain a fan of the hair bands forever!
    If you see Megadeth at AZ State Fair, let me know what you think!
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Supporting Member
    Org
    SCCO
    Loc
    Kansas City, Mo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Same here. I've even installed amp that goes to 11 instead of the tradtional 10!
    It's one louder!

Supporting Member
    Org
    Loc
    Columbus, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I, Sir, am quite jealous---

Quote Originally Posted by Alan David View Post
    Same here. I've even installed amp that goes to 11 instead of the tradtional 10!
    It's one louder!
    Stephen Hirt, O.D.
    Columbus, Ohio

Supporting Member
    Org
    Columbia University / PCO
    Loc
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Back to topic ...please!

Taste in music is a contentious issue.

Taste changes so rapidly that there is a good chance the majority listening to what the OD/and or staff thinks is the best, others will find annoying.

Someone indicated they have religious music from a Christian station. I love religious music written by Bach, Beethoven or Mozart. Imagine Mozart's Requiem being blasted throughout your office. I would love it and even sing along.

Most of your patients...not so much!

You get my point. Think carefully before selecting background music.
    Paul Farkas,M.S.,O.D.,F.A.A.O.
    Dipl. Cornea and C/L Emeritus .
    Web site Administrator
    Lake Oswego, OR

Org
    Eyes Я Us
    Loc
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Time to change the tunes

I guess that means I should stop playing the Vietnam song by Country Joe and the Fish from the Woodstock Live album.
    Larry J. Greidinger O.D.
    www.wilsongreidinger.com

"You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear." The Rockman

Supporting Member
    Org
    SCO
    Loc
    Memphis, TN
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Greidinger View Post

I guess that means I should stop playing the Vietnam song by Country Joe and the Fish from the Woodstock Live album.
    . . . or "19" by Paul Hardcastle over and over.

Org
    Loc
    Portland, TX
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sandy View Post
    . . . or "19" by Paul Hardcastle over and over.

n-n-n-n-19, 19

- Tommy Lucas, 2012

29. Oculus Shop - 3