Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Episode 12: All About the American Academy of Optometry with Dr. Karla Zadnik

Ever thought about joining the American Academy of Optometry?
Or wanted to learn more about the purpose and mission of the Academy?

On today's show, Dr. Karla Zadnik, current President of the AAO stops by ODwire.org Radio to discuss with us:

• The mission of the AAO
  • How to become a member of the academy
  • The differences between the AAO and the AOA
  • How you can become a Diplomate in the AAO
  • Details about the AAO's Annual Meeting & what the experience of attending is like.

If you've got any follow-up questions for Dr. Zadnik, please post them in this thread!

Loading the player ...

Thanks to ODwire.org Supporting Members for making this radio show possible.

Thanks again to Dr. Zadnik for a fun interview!

We've also got our interview with former American Optometric Foundation President Dr. Mark Bullimore up on the site. Check it out!

Just sent in my AAO application. I listed Paul as my "proposer", so thanks for that. Anyone want to join me?

A query on behalf of practicing optometrist outside USA

It was a great experience with Dr. Karla Zadnik and OD wire team. i am a practicing optometrist outside united states and specializing in Refractive surgery, Binocular vision and Paediatric optometry. i am really interested to join as a fellow of American Academy of Optometry. please let me know whether those practice outside USA can apply for this. if yes what are the prerequisites for this.

Hope OD-wire can help us

Sincerely

Muhammad Suhail Boptom, FBVO
Consultant Optometrist
Cornea Foundation

Last edited:
Point of information...

It was a great experience with Dr. Karla Zadnik and OD wire team. i am a practicing optometrist outside united states and specializing in Refractive surgery, Binocular vision and Paediatric optometry. i am really interested to join as a fellow of American Academy of Optometry. please let me know whether those practice outside USA can apply for this. if yes what are the prerequisites for this.

Hope OD-wire can help us

Sincerely

Muhammad Suhail Boptom, FBVO
Consultant Optometrist
Cornea Foundation

The American Academy of Optometry has a world wide membership. For more information, visit their web site...www.aaopt.org.