Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Episode 2: Exiting Commercial Practice, Part 1

At some point during their careers, many docs working commerical look to change their mode of practice. But how does one actually do it successfully?

In this two-part episode, we interview a number of clinicians who have made the switch.

In Part 1, we speak with Dr. John Melnyk from Columbus, Ohio who jumped to academia.

Loading the player ...

Last edited:
Thanks again to Dr. Melnyk.

Part 2 of this series due next monday will have an interview with "Dr. X" who went from Commercial -> Private
and with the ONE, THE ONLY, THE GREAT... STEVE NELSON!

BTW, if anyone is having problems listening to the show directly on the site, just subscribe in iTunes.

Thanks!
adam

Enjoyed the program!

Thanks david -- part 3 coming up as soon as I get back from AOA.

I mention in one of the upcoming shows two policies that paul and I are going to follow:

1) we'll try to keep them to 20-25 minutes each, so people can listen during a commute and
2) we WON'T put out crap just to meet a schedule. IF we have nothing to say, we won't post a new show. This way if you subscribe to the podcast, you can be reasonably reassured that we produced something that we think is interesting. So many times with the podcasts that I subscribe to it is obvious when they put out "filler". We are all meat, no filler. :)

Thank You!

Many thanks to the radio team and especially to Dr. John Melnyk. Very valuable insight into the commercial side of optometry.