Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Episode 23: Prescribing Premium Contact Lenses, Techniques and Strategies with Dr. April Jasper

In this ODwire.org Radio episode, Dr. April Jasper talks to us about how to communicate the benefits of premium contact lenses to patients.

She also reviews the challenges of moving patients into premium lenses, and some strategies that you can employ in your practice to make the switch more successful.

Dr. Jasper also talks about her (several-months-long) experience with the new DAILIES TOTAL1 lens, and how patients have done since moving them over to this new material.

Loading the player ...

Feel free to ask follow-up questions of Dr. Jasper & leave comments in this thread.

If you want to listen on-the-go, subscribe to ODwire.org Radio in iTunes.

Thanks again to Dr. Jasper for taking the time to speak with us.

If you've got any follow-up questions, please put 'em here!

ad

dailies

Adam - thanks for this great talk! When April Jasper speaks, I listen! She's given some amazing lectures on ocular emergencies. Cost is a real concern to many of my patients. I've found it difficult to convince patients that the cost of dailies is worth the benefits - monthly & yearly. But I have been successfully pushing dailies for my occasional wear contact lens patients - those that just want contacts for sports & special occasions, 1-2x/week. I am very excited about 1 Day Proclear Multifocal & 1 Day Acuvue toric lenses - they work really well. I will look into the new Dailies Total 1 this week -