School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Episode 31: Clinical Coordination & Collaborative Care with Dr. Richard Hom
Loading the player ...

Dr. Richard Hom -- an ODwire.org regular and the National Optometric Director at WellPoint -- stops by to talk with Paul and Adam about the importance of ODs coordinating with other healthcare providers and sharing information in order to improve outcomes and efficiency.

He also talks about what he's working on at Blue View Vision, including software initiatives that help with the two-way flow of information to and from your office & the offices of other care providers. (spoiler alert: you may already be using some of his work in your office!)

Feel free to ask Richard follow-up questions in this thread.

Our thanks to Anthem/Blue View Vision for giving us the opportunity to talk to Richard about his work!

Last edited:
Thanks again to Richard for talking with us -- it is always fun to interview an "ODwire.org Regular" :)

ad

Thanks Richard

Thanks again to Richard for talking with us -- it is always fun to interview an "ODwire.org Regular" :)

ad

Just got through listening and I'm extremely impressed with the direction Anthem s going in. The general recognition that Optometry is a full partner in the healthcare of a patient I'm sure is due to the hard work and diligence that Richard exhibits day in and day out.

Richard (Dr. Frankel),

Thanks for your comments. I hope that our participation will create the world of optometry in the realm of health care that will benefit as many as it can.

Just got through listening and I'm extremely impressed with the direction Anthem s going in. The general recognition that Optometry is a full partner in the healthcare of a patient I'm sure is due to the hard work and diligence that Richard exhibits day in and day out.

Richard,

Can't find your email: Quick question. For the Indiana Marketplace plan through Anthem do I need a separate contract or since I am already credentialed with the commercial plans is it automatic? If I need a separate contract who do I contact for more information/credentialing? Thanks

At this time, I believe you will need a separate contract to participate in the Indiana Marketplace with Anthem medical in Indiana. Unfortunately, I don't have exact contact information for that contracting arrangement. Each of the state Anthem associations may own or run their own contracting shop but there are a few that share with another state.

As far as I can tell, you might find some information in the current provider manual (
http://www.anthem.com/provider/in/f1/s0/t0/pw_b141596.pdf?refer=ahpprovider&state=in)

Richard,

Can't find your email: Quick question. For the Indiana Marketplace plan through Anthem do I need a separate contract or since I am already credentialed with the commercial plans is it automatic? If I need a separate contract who do I contact for more information/credentialing? Thanks

At this time, I believe you will need a separate contract to participate in the Indiana Marketplace with Anthem medical in Indiana. Unfortunately, I don't have exact contact information for that contracting arrangement. Each of the state Anthem associations may own or run their own contracting shop but there are a few that share with another state.

As far as I can tell, you might find some information in the current provider manual (
http://www.anthem.com/provider/in/f1/s0/t0/pw_b141596.pdf?refer=ahpprovider&state=in)

It is hard to find a phone number for an actual human being on Anthem.