#52: SpecialEyes 54 Multifocal Toric - Using a Custom Soft Lens to Build your Practice

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
#52: SpecialEyes 54 Multifocal Toric - Using a Custom Soft Lens to Build your Practice
with Matthew Lampa, OD, FAAO and Moshe Schwartz, OD, FAAO

Loading the player ...

The SpecialEyes 54 Multifocal is a custom soft contact lens option for your presbyopic patients. It is unique in that you can custom tailor the optics to each patient's individual pupil size via the SpecialEyes Multifocal Simulator.

In this fun ODwire.org Radio show, Drs. Matthew Lampa and Moshe Schwartz discuss both the clinical and practice-building aspects of this lens.

We get into:
  • How the lens fits into their daily practices, and what makes a good candidate for the lens.
  • The importance of customization in obtaining a good fit.
  • How much chair time a fit takes.
  • The process of getting the lens ordered, made and delivered from SpecialEyes.
  • The Cost to the patient (and to the clinician!)
  • How the lens has helped build their contact lens practices, built loyalty among their patients, and generated positive word of mouth!
Thanks again to SpecialEyes for being a site sponsor -- their support is appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks so much to Drs. Lampa and Schwartz for a fun interview!

I know Paul was excited by the practice management aspects of this lens more than anything -- it would seem to be a good vehicle to create patient loyalty.

If you'd like to discuss the lens or have questions for our interviewees, please post 'em here

Adam

I haven't watched this yet but is on my list.

Reactions: Vieboro Jude
I haven't watched this yet but is on my list.

Hope you've had a chance to take a listen, it is funny hearing Paul get excited about something...

One point that was made towards the end is that these really are custom, and the patient's know it. Their name is printed right on the vials....

ad

Hope you've had a chance to take a listen, it is funny hearing Paul get excited about something...

Having a product that is custom made to solve problems for the astigmat and the ever increasing presbyopic population is special. Having your patient devoted to your office because of the perception of a lens you designed especially for them, is a conversation piece among friends is a practice builder.

What builds a practice is not just a satisfied patient but one who is enthusiastic thinking you are a miracle worker. This product helps create that miracle.

Just made my first order for two patients..will keep you informed as to outcome. The ordering process is seamless

Just made my first order for two patients..will keep you informed as to outcome. The ordering process is seamless

Great.

What I would like to see discussed is how practices are rewarding themselves by being special.

A premium fee for a premium product by a special OD?

IF they work patients will know and be glad to pay top dollar when thye have been suffering with non custom MF Torics from other manufacturers

Reactions: Diane Robbins-Luce
IF they work patients will know and be glad to pay top dollar when thye have been suffering with non custom MF Torics from other manufacturers
Curious steve if you've had a chance to give it a shot yet...

Had my first pickup today. First take is VA much better dv and nv and comfortable but I was waiting until FU for full report I had two people back to measure Pupils and HVID and will order today