A New ODwire.org feature Mac Users who are technophobes...

Paul Farkas

ODwire.org Supporting Member
Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
An update from MacMentor...

So, Apple just release a MAJOR iPhone/iPad update today, iOS 15...Like always, do yourself a favor and wait for the next update just to be safe...and if you have an iPhone X, 8, 7 or 6S, please read the attached article as your device will NOT have certain functionality. https://www.macrumors.com/.../ios-15-features-not-on.../
If you have any questions, concerns please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!

Paul Farkas

Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Another update...

PSA...If you have AirPod Pro's...please DO NOT install iOS 15...it breaks Siri's ability to control active noise cancellation...this feature has been fixed in the iOS 15.1 beta but it's not available to the public at the moment. Stayed tuned for more iOS 15 info!

Paul Farkas

Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
MacOS Monterey information...

There are a number of things to take into account prior to upgrading. First, dealing with change is a challenge, and if you don't want/like change simply hold off for now.

Second, what year is your Mac? On the laptop side of things you'll need to be a 2015 MacBook Air/Pro or later. On the iMac side, also a 2015 or later.

Third, and probably most important, you'll need at least 35GB of free space to do the upgrade. If you don't have enough space, and are unsure what can/can not be deleted, PLEASE, please call me.
If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to call or text us today at 847.902.6681.

Until next time...Happy computing!

Andrew Gore

Oct 8, 2011
School/Org
The Classic SCCO
City
Pasadena
State
CA
Another update...

PSA...If you have AirPod Pro's...please DO NOT install iOS 15...it breaks Siri's ability to control active noise cancellation...this feature has been fixed in the iOS 15.1 beta but it's not available to the public at the moment. Stayed tuned for more iOS 15 info!
FYI I do have iOS 15.1 and my AirPod Pro noise cancellation feature is working well.

Paul Farkas

Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
MacMentor update...

S.gif

If you own any of the iPhone 12 or 13 models, you've probably been experiencing crappy call quality lately!​

f2e2399c-cd40-4e66-b5f8-e75c023e8447.jpg

November 19, 2021

iPhone 12 and 13 (all models) have been experiencing terrible call quality since the iOS 15 update. Apple has seemingly fixed the issue with today's 15.1.1 update, so I'm highly recommending you do the update ASAP.

If you have any questions, concerns, as always don't hesitate to reach out. Call or text me @ 847.902.6681

Stay safe, and I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you soon.

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

S.gif

Lacrivera