1. Welcome to ODwire.org, the largest and longest-running social network for eye care professionals, with over 20,000 ECP members!

We offer private peer-to-peer discussions, articles, webinars, podcasts & more!

Our site is free to all Optometrists, OD Students, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists, and practice administrators. Join us!

A New ODwire.org feature Mac Users who are technophobes...

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Paul Farkas, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Housekeeping tip on your Apple from MacMentor...

Insider News from The MacMentor

Is your Mac slow because you are hoarding files, and don't realize it?

Hoarding possessions makes your home a less livable space. It’s difficult to find what you’re looking for and to navigate rooms, which ultimately slows you down.

Hoarding files on your Mac is similar. Storing unnecessary emails, photos, movies, apps and other files takes up valuable space and disrupts your Mac’s processing speed. There’s nothing more frustrating than Safari taking forever to open a new window or experiencing a lag when launching an app.

Marie Kondo’s KonMari Method--the state of mind that sparks joy in one’s life by appreciating belongings before letting them go--is all the rage because it teaches people to optimize their spaces for better functionality.
    Similarly, your Mac is a valuable space that performs more effectively when you tidy it up.

Contact me today to learn how to make your Mac work better and faster!

Call me at 847.902.6681.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Introducing a wireless charger...

I've been waiting for an excellent, eco-friendly wireless charger, that charges multiple devices to hit the market, the wait is finally over!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm excited to tell you about about a new company called GoNimble that has wireless charging pads as well as portable wireless chargers. I recently ordered the wireless charging pad that supports 2 products.

There are a couple of reasons for loving these products and this company. First, the products are Eco-Friendly! Made of fully recyclable aluminum, plant based plastics and NO chemical adhesives. The fabric of the GoNimber devices is made from Hemp, and recycled plastic bottles. Another reason to love this company, they include a bag, with pre-paid shipping, with each purchase for you to recycle old electronics.

I'm excited to introduce you all to these great new products, you can get a discount by using the following link: http://nimble.refr.cc/geoffh.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I've been using the dual charger for a few weeks now and it works great!

After your purchase, let me know your thoughts!
    Happy Wireless, Eco-Friendly charging!

3. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Update from Mac Mentor...

It's safe to upgrade to iOS 13.1!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Less than a week after releasing iOS 13, today Apple released iOS 13.1 for your iPhone and iPad. It is safe to upgrade, you may run into some minor glitches with third party keyboards, but if you don't use them, no worries. If you don't want to wait for you device to update automatically, go to the Settings app > General > Software Update to do the update manually.

Have a great evening, and as always, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

email me with questions or concerns by click this button.
    [​IMG]

4. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Heads up from MacMentor...

Apple released macOS Catalina (10.15) today. For many reasons I urge you to hold off on updating at this time. The key reason, you very likely are still running 32-Bit applications, those applications will NOT run in macOS 10.15. Please schedule a session prior to upgrading to avoid any major issues with your Mac.

You can quickly email me below, to set up a session to check your Mac for 32-Bit applications.