A New ODwire.org feature Mac Users who are technophobes...

An update from MacMentor...

So, Apple just release a MAJOR iPhone/iPad update today, iOS 15...Like always, do yourself a favor and wait for the next update just to be safe...and if you have an iPhone X, 8, 7 or 6S, please read the attached article as your device will NOT have certain functionality. https://www.macrumors.com/.../ios-15-features-not-on.../
If you have any questions, concerns please don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers!

Another update...

PSA...If you have AirPod Pro's...please DO NOT install iOS 15...it breaks Siri's ability to control active noise cancellation...this feature has been fixed in the iOS 15.1 beta but it's not available to the public at the moment. Stayed tuned for more iOS 15 info!

MacOS Monterey information...

There are a number of things to take into account prior to upgrading. First, dealing with change is a challenge, and if you don't want/like change simply hold off for now.

Second, what year is your Mac? On the laptop side of things you'll need to be a 2015 MacBook Air/Pro or later. On the iMac side, also a 2015 or later.

Third, and probably most important, you'll need at least 35GB of free space to do the upgrade. If you don't have enough space, and are unsure what can/can not be deleted, PLEASE, please call me.
If you have any questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to call or text us today at 847.902.6681.

Until next time...Happy computing!

Another update...

PSA...If you have AirPod Pro's...please DO NOT install iOS 15...it breaks Siri's ability to control active noise cancellation...this feature has been fixed in the iOS 15.1 beta but it's not available to the public at the moment. Stayed tuned for more iOS 15 info!
FYI I do have iOS 15.1 and my AirPod Pro noise cancellation feature is working well.

MacMentor update...

S.gif

If you own any of the iPhone 12 or 13 models, you've probably been experiencing crappy call quality lately!​

f2e2399c-cd40-4e66-b5f8-e75c023e8447.jpg

November 19, 2021

iPhone 12 and 13 (all models) have been experiencing terrible call quality since the iOS 15 update. Apple has seemingly fixed the issue with today's 15.1.1 update, so I'm highly recommending you do the update ASAP.

If you have any questions, concerns, as always don't hesitate to reach out. Call or text me @ 847.902.6681

Stay safe, and I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you soon.

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

S.gif

Mac Mentor sent an update...

Just in time for the holidays Apple releases iOS 15.1 and macOS 12.1...Time to upgrade your devices​

December 13, 2021

Apple today released the highly anticipated macOS 12.1 along with iOS 15.1.

There are a slew of new features for the iPhone/iPad, and macOS, with the best giving you the ability to designate someone as a "Legacy contact" in the event of your death. Giving that person access to your data. This may seem morbid, but it's loooong overdue.

There is also a new app privacy report that shows how often apps have accessed their permission restricted data, like photos, location, camera and microphone. This one is a bit creepy, but also good to know what info apps are capturing.

Some additional highlights include: redesigned memories section in the Photos app .

In Messages , there is now a communication safety feature that allows parents to enable warnings for your children(s) devices should they receive or send photos that contain nudity.

The warnings also contain useful information for children should they receive photos that contain nudity

There are many other features that I can share with you if you are so inclined, simply reach out with any questions, concerns.
Call or text me @ 847.902.6681

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

If you have any questions, click the button below shoot me an email.​
S.gif

MacMentor shares how to optimize I-Phone features in his communication 1/19/22...

Happy New Year! I'm introducing a new feature for 2022. It's called the iPhone Hack of the month.

The iPhone Hack of the month will provide you with super cool functionality that is "hidden" from the basic features of the iPhone, but unveiled thanks to The MacMentor.

The January iPhone Hack is for iPhone(s) X and later.
Did you know you could use the Apple logo on the back of your iPhone to do a screenshot?!?

The Apple Logo on the back of your phone can be "taught" to perform over two dozen "Hacks".

Today's "Hack" will teach/train the Apple logo how to perform a screenshot.

Here are the steps to follow:

Open the Settings App ⚙️
Scroll down to the Accessibility Setting
Now scroll down to the Touch Setting
(under the Physical and Motor Section)

Next, scroll all the way to the last setting > Back Tap

You’ll see two options here, and can use both if you’d like.

Start with Double Tap > There’s a slew of options, for our purposes here, tap Screenshot.

Now close the settings app and give it a try

Double tap the Apple Logo and low and behold you’ll have a screenshot…
Fantastic, right?

If you enjoyed this iPhone hack, please share it with your friends/neighbors/family.

Provided by your friendly neighborhood MacMentor.

Until next time...Happy Hacking!

For those Apple usersvwho need expert advice...

S.gif

Apple releases iOS 15.4 and macOS 12.3...Time to upgrade your devices​

March 15, 2022

Apple yesterday released macOS 12.3 along with iOS 15.4.

These updates add some major functionality to your Macs, iPhones and iPads. For the Macs and iPads, Apple has introduced a fantastic new feature called Universal Display. UD allows you to use your Macs mouse and keyboard on your iPad! It's super cool and different than Universal Control, which allows your iPad to act as a secondary monitor to your Mac.

For the iPhone, you can now open your iPhone with a mask on. There are 112 new emojis for texting (available on all devices).

For Keychain users, you can now add notes to passwords.

There are many other features that I can share with you if you are so inclined, simply reach out with any questions, concerns.

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

S.gif

S.gif

Last edited:
Important information that should be considered political from the MacMentor...

Important information that should not be considered political from the MacMentor...
S.gif

Is your personal information secure?

June 25, 2022

In lieu of the events that took place this past week, where the Supreme Court took away basic human rights, it's now more important than ever to make sure all your personal information, including information entered into menstrual cycle tracking apps is safe, encrypted and not usable against you in a court of law, should you choose to get, need, want an abortion.

The App I Highly recommend is call Stardust.

They are a women owned business that does NOT sell your data, and encrypts it, so it can't be used against you.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your data.

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

S.gif
S.gif

Heads up from MacMentor!

After coming out in favor of protecting your data, just three (3) days later, Stardust the #1 period tracking app has sadly changed their tune

June 29, 2022

Just four days ago, I emailed you, praising the menstrual cycle tracking app, Stardust. Sadly, I MUST now warn you about Stardust, because, in a hasty change, where their stated policy was to protect your data, the women who run the app have changed their tune and now, per an article on the website Vice.com, "Stardust, which quickly became the #1 downloaded app on both the AppStore and Google Play, now states that they will comply with requests from law enforcement or a legal process, or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity when legally required".

I've never had to retract information on an email and it saddens me that this is the first time.

So if you did download the Stardust app, promptly delete it, and do NOT use ANY app to store your menstrual cycle information as it can now be used against you if, you need, want, require a termination of pregnancy.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your data.

Best,
Geoff

Another update from 6/30/22 NPR...

• Period-trackers have faced scrutiny over privacy concerns after Roe v. Wade was overturned. Now, the app Flo has announced a new "anonymous mode" that removes a user's name, email address and other identifiers from their profile.

iOS 16 is coming this week!

From Macmentor

The latest OS for your iPhone, iOS 16 will be available early this week. If you are one of the early adopters, the download should be available on Tuesday. If you like to play it safe (which is what I recommend), there should be a point update (iOS 16.x) available for download within a few week.

Either way, there are a TON of new features and functionality coming in iOS 16.
Here are some of my favorites:
Lock Screen: Fully redesigned and customizable (similar to how you can customize your Apple Watch)

Messages: Ability to delete a sent text or edit a sent text, mark a message as unread, ability to UN-delete a text (YAY!)

Mail: Ability to schedule emails, cancel delivery and create follow up reminders

Health: Ability to add medication schedules

Contacts: Ability to create or edit a List or add a contact to a List (List previously were called Groups) on your iPhone (been craving this functionality for years!)

These are just a smidgen of the many great new features and functionality coming your iPhone's way soon!
If you have questions, concerns or just want to chat about iOS 16, please contact us (847.902.6681, call or text) or email geoff@themacmentor.com, at your convenience.

iOS 16 can be installed on the iPhone 8 or later.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

It's time to update your iPhone!

September 25, 2022

Happy Sunday! Today's note is to ensure you update your iPhone to iOS 16.0.2.

iOS 16 has some major new features including: Updated Lock Screen with the ability to do some major customizations.
New features in Messages, Photos, email and much, much more.

iPadOS 16 is not currently available, it will be released sometime mid to late October.

If you'd like to know more about the great new features and functionality of iOS 16,
Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

S.gif

Why aren't my devices syncing?!​

October 11, 2022

If you have multiple Apple devices, ie. iPhone, iPad and a Mac, you may be experiencing an issue syncing messages (texts) across your devices. This happens almost yearly around the time new operating systems get released for each device. Prior to this fall, the iPhone and iPad updates were released simultaneously, eliminating any issues there. The macOS typically comes a month or so later. This year however, iPadOS has yet to be released and the new macOS also is not available to the public, causing a syncing headache for texts/messages. Don't fret, patience is your best ally here. As soon as Apple drops iPadOS 16.1 and macOS Ventura, the problem will be resolved.

In the meanwhile if you'd like assistance with any or all of the iPhone iOS 16 new features, please call or text us at 847.902.6681, or email us via the link below.

Best,
Geoff
S.gif

Here's to our next 10 years!!

We are beyond excited and grateful to be celebrating Ten (10) amazing years with you! As a special Thank You to our amazing customers, for a limited time, we are rolling back pricing to 2012 and giving you the opportunity to purchase up to 5 hours of time at $125/hr

Simply reply to this email (by clicking the Email us button below) and purchase your hours prior to November 1, 2022 and you'll be set!

We can't thank you enough for your support through the years in helping The MacMentor become a true global brand.
We look forward to serving you through the next 10 years of Apple Product launches!

Happy Anniversary Geoff!

With over 62K views on ODwire.org there is interest keeping up to date with Apple products.

keep up the good work!

Most spend most of their waking hours attached to an on line device. How many take the time to get an annual checkup if you and your devices are working most efficiently?

With over 63K views there is passing interest but how many are proactive knowledge with devices they use?

It's update time!​

October 27, 2022

Happy Thursday! Today's email is to let you know that iOS 16.1 is FINALLY available, along with iPadOS 16.1 and macOS Ventura.

If you've been waiting to upgrade your iPhone, now is the time. If you have an iPad, and it's up-gradable, I recommend doing the upgrade to iPadOS 16.1. Of course let's not forget our friend Mac. macOS Ventura has a slew of new features to help you work more efficiently. I think you'll find one of the best to be a duplicate photo finder, in the Photos App!!! Also, System Preferences has been renamed to Settings, and it's been redesigned, so don't fret when you no longer see System Preferences!

There are many more new features and if you'd like to spend an hour or so going over them, I'll happily schedule a session or two to do that.

If you have any questions, concerns or for whatever reason are unable to update please Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com

Best,
Geoff

main-image

❤️ As you prepare for the 2022 holiday season, we want to take a moment to let you know how grateful we are for having you as a part of The MacMentor family!

⌚️ It is an honor and privilege to be able to service you and your Apple devices. ⌚

❤️ We hope you and your family have an amazing Thanksgiving. Please stay safe! We look forward to seeing you soon❤️

Good advice ,especially if it can be done from the comfort of home or office...

Are your Mac, iPhone/iPad in need of Spring Cleaning?​

bc6b758e-7f1c-44e1-86d2-18aa56e3fbac.jpg

March 27, 2023

Few things drive us crazier than slow out of space devices.
Whether it be your Mac, iPhone/iPad...If you're device isn't running on all cylinders, neither are you! Frustration sets in, you miss or don't respond to emails, texts etc. Even worse, if you're creating content for your business, a slow device forces unnecessary delays. DON'T WAIT...If your Mac is moving slowly and the spinning beach ball of death has you on the verge of chucking it out the window, give us a call today and we'll have your Mac running like a gazelle in the wild in no time!

Same holds true for you iPhone/iPad. Don't wait till frustration gets the best of you! Let's get your devices running at top speed ASAP.

We appreciate your business and more so, the relationships built with you and your families!

Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com to schedule your spring cleaning TODAY.

I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you soon.

Best,
Geoff

Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com to schedule your spring cleaning TODAY.
Have you cleaned up your files? I just looked. I have close to 17,000 unopened e mails. This can't be good.

time to call Geoff!

A note from the MacMentor...
72.png
Good stuff from The MacMentor
72.png
yr_C4cHSJDvcIijouF_V4TSJb3PZBq4Y0O7unxd3nI5E8TBRwc6aAhAt2mfNEiCAYZrinuoAaxwtYLDFJ4qmtXSkUS27pgkrjLWF2_lHmoLlBL_d4svc_hlk5VB1VvCZSXdshcuZ17R7gAdk1UO-mQ_M=s0-d-e1-ft
April 21, 2023

Happy Friday! I wanted to let you know about some good things that are here as well as some new mentoring coming.

We have a few new blogs on our website to help you with your Apple skills. One on iOS tips and tricks, another on 10 Mac essentials.

You can find the blog here: The MacMentor Blog

In other fun news, I'm looking into adding services around the AI field to be able to assist you with chatGPT or Bart (from Google). AI is growing at an unbelievable pace and it can do great things for you, once you know how to benefit from it.

In more mundane news...If you're devices aren't up to date, update them
72.png
. The current macOS is 13.3.1. The current iPhone/iPadOS is 16.4.1.

As always, we appreciate you and thank you for your trust in us!

Call
72.png
or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com with any questions.

Best,
Geoff​

Emails... I try to stay on top of them daily, but once in a while, they pile up. It's pretty easy to use Apple Mail's Search function to zero in on a particular sender or topic, then delete all or most of them at once.

Emails... I try to stay on top of them daily, but once in a while, they pile up. It's pretty easy to use Apple Mail's Search function to zero in on a particular sender or topic, then delete all or most of them at once.
i just get too many daily.

I don't want to take the time.

Adam keeps assuring me I have enough space. One day something has got to give.

I'm happy there are experts to turn to. Minimum cost for maximum benefit.

Just click on Finder. At the bottom of the window it tells you how much space you have left.

I have 111.99 GB available on my 2TB HD. Time to offload last year's church service videos to the external backup.

Just click on Finder. At the bottom of the window it tells you how much space you have left.

I have 111.99 GB available on my 2TB HD. Time to offload last year's church service videos to the external backup.
Similar to having a smart lawyer or accountant ,we technophobes are better iff spending a few hundred dollars annually for a spring cleaning with a professional computer expert.

When I practiced I always felt I could generate far more income doing optometry than waste my time doing accounting inefficiently. I hated household chores. hire someone in the trades and have more time for play.

Different strokes etc...

I'm my office's IT person. Currently at war with Comcast after their "new improved" SecurityEdge package automatically included in our speed upgrade shut down access to some of our most commonly used vendors, insurances, and clearinghouses.

I'm also my church's resident geek. Livestreaming, Zoom meetings, YouTube videos, security cameras, wifi networks, etc.

Occasionally wonder if I could monetize that after retirement from ODing, but I'm not ready to retire.

I'm my office's IT person. Currently at war with Comcast after their "new improved" SecurityEdge package automatically included in our speed upgrade shut down access to some of our most commonly used vendors, insurances, and clearinghouses.

I'm also my church's resident geek. Livestreaming, Zoom meetings, YouTube videos, security cameras, wifi networks, etc.

Occasionally wonder if I could monetize that after retirement from ODing, but I'm not ready to retire.
I'm certain you do a great job. If you enjoy spending the time a great hobby.My point is that many ODs don't enjoy puttering and would prefer golf,sailing or playing with the kids.

I preferred working extra hours to have disposable income to hire people to do what I hate to do, whether in optometry or outside the office. Background makes a difference.

Growing up I lived in a apartments, where if things broke you called the "Super". His family had a basement apartment.

The first "handy " person I met was my sister's husband. The family was amazed.

Adam grew up seeing my wife in action. he has very different approach than mine.

Last edited:
BTW I stopped at my office after church this noon... After mulling over some possible tricks and options... FIXED the internet security issue, for which my biller will be very grateful this coming week.

Reactions: Mike Alvarez
Caution from MacMentor...

If you are a Mac user, searching for OpenAI or ChatGPT apps on the ‌Mac or iOS App Stores‌, you'll get a long list of apps that say they offer much of the same functionality as ChatGPT on the web. There are some developers who are tricking the ‌Mac App Store‌ with keywords, misleading marketing tactics, fake reviews, along with stolen OpenAI logos.

As an FYI, you are able to use ChatGPT for free in a browser. Microsoft's Bing (which uses the ChatGPT engine) along with Bard from Google and both are free.

Most of the sketchily-named and new "ChatGPT" apps in the iOS and macOS App Stores are scam apps that you should avoid and not pay for, and many of them don't even offer the functionality that they promise. Many of the apps have weekly subscription fees, which is a HUGE red flag.

All in all, if you are interested in trying ChatGPT, stay away from the apps in the App Store(s).

#chatgpt #fakeapps #Microsoftbing #GoogleBard
@TheMacMentor

A heads up from Mac Mentor...

Be on the lookout for Fake emails and Texts!
May 22, 2023

Happy Monday!
We hope this email finds you well. We are writing to you today to bring your attention to a very serious issue that has been affecting individuals and organizations alike – the growing number of fake accounts and the potential dangers associated with corresponding through those texts and emails.

Recently there has been a rise in the number of malicious accounts impersonating real accounts and or creating fictitious identities to try and deceive you. These fake accounts often employ both simple and sophisticated tactics to lure you into sharing sensitive information, engaging in fraudulent transactions, or compromising your personal and financial information and security.

To help you safeguard your privacy and protect yourself from potential dangers, we strongly suggest you remain vigilant when communicating via text messages and or email. Here are some precautions we have put together to help you.

1. Always make certain you verify the sender's identity: Always double-check the sender's email address or phone number for any irregularities. Look over the details carefully, checking for misspellings, variations, or slight alterations that might indicate a fake or bogus account. I recently got an email that said it was from ACE Hardware and the email address was from Mark.Zuckerberg@some fake account.
  2. Be careful and exercise extra caution with attachments and links: Be cautious when opening attachments or clicking on links, especially if they are unexpected or appear suspicious. These could potentially contain malware or direct you to fraudulent websites designed to steal your personal information.
  3. Please THINK before you share ANY sensitive information such as passwords, credit card details, or social security numbers through text or email unless you have verified the legitimacy of the recipient and have a trusted connection with them.
  4. Be very leery of urgent or unusual requests: Exercise extreme caution if you receive requests that seem urgent, demand immediate action, or deviate from what may be standard procedures. Fraudsters often exploit a sense of urgency to pressure you into making hasty and regrettable decisions.
  5. Make sure to monitor your accounts regularly and often: Stay on top of things by regularly reviewing your financial accounts, credit reports, and online activity. Immediately report any suspicious or unauthorized transactions to the respective institutions.
  6. Report and block suspected fake accounts: If you receive a message from a suspected fake account, it is crucial to report it to the appropriate authorities or platforms. Also, make sure you block the account to prevent further communication.

As always, we are here to help. Your safety and security are of utmost importance and we are committed to maintaining a trustworthy relationship with you. If you ever receive a communication that raises doubts or concerns, please reach out to us. We are here to help you and provide guidance navigating these situations.
By staying on top of this and adopting these simple best practices, you can minimize the risks associated with these bogus accounts and safeguard you and your personal information.

In more mundane news...If you're devices aren't up to date, update them . The current macOS is 13.4 The current iPhone/iPadOS is 16.5

Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com with any questions.

We look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you soon.

Best,
Geoff​
S.gif

Advice from the MacMentor...

If you ever ask yourself "Should I update my Macs OS"? Here are three reasons you'll never ask that question again.
256441317.png

Keeping your macOS current and why its critical to you, your data and to ensure the best possible performance of your Mac.
When Apple releases macOS updates, they are helping you maintain optimal performance, stability and security of your Mac.

Updates often include performance enhancements that help your Mac run smoother, faster and even more importantly more efficiently. Win for you!

Your digital safety is more important than ever, by keeping your macOS current you are giving you and your data the best protection as macOS updates eliminate current security vulnerabilities and threats.

Finally, new features and functionality. Now, you may not use all (or any) new features/functionality right away, but I promise that you can't use it if it's not installed, and by not keeping your macOS current, you are not giving yourself the chance to use new features that MAY help you use your Mac better and more efficiently.

So, with all this is mind, I'd like you to take a moment and click the Apple on the top left of your Mac. Then click "About". If you are not running macOS Ventura 13.4.1, you need to update your software. If your machine can't update to 13.4.1, call us so we can discuss options.

Thanks for taking the time to help yourself and your Mac. Please share this email with friends and family who can use it.

If you have questions, concerns or just want to chat about your Mac, please call or text us @ 847.902.6681 or email geoff@themacmentor.com, at your convenience.

I'm amazed to 67K views on this topic.

Interesting number of viewers when a topic is picked up by search engines. Remember this if you post in this area. Non-ODs could be watching...

Happy Monday!

Since its inception, Siri has been useful, kind of. Initially you needed a nice deep voice to get Siri to understand you, which left those of you without one at a distinct disadvantage. It probably also caused you to leave the virtual assistant off your to do list on your Apple devices.

To be honest, I did my best to use Siri but had my reservations, as it either did not work, or did not do what I asked. I used it to make phone calls or check sport scores or check the weather. Hardly mind blowing activities.

However, over the years, Apple has done its share of work to improve Siri. With each iteration of iOS, Siri has slowly improved, which leads me to the point of this email. I'll be posting a blog on my website later today, titled "Siri Hacks". I hope you check it out and see ten Siri Hacks that can make your Apple technology usage more efficient and dare I say better!

I hope you find the blog useful, and if you do, please share it with others who may also find it useful and helpful. The link for the blog is right here.

https://www.themacmentor.com/blog

If you have any questions, or have not setup "Hey Siri" on your devices and would like to, please reach out and let me know. Text or call me @847.902.6681.

I look forward to catching up with you soon.

If you have any questions, click the button below shoot me an email.

iPhone Battery Life

One of the biggest challenges my clients talk to me about is getting more life out of their iPhone battery. Especially if the iPhone is more than two years old. When you buy that shiny new iPhone you love how long the battery lasts and swear it's the longest lasting iPhone battery you've ever had. That's all true, but what most users don't take into account is that they use their iPhone most if not all day long. Every day of every week of every month of the year. And guess what happens with that kind of usage, battery degradation.

Thankfully there are ways to extend the life of your iPhone battery and I thought I'd share with you some iPhone battery "hacks" so I wrote a really great blog, highlighting 11 things you may not know about the battery inside your iPhone and how to extend it's life.

As always, I hope you find the blog useful, and if you do, please share it with others who may also find it useful and helpful. The link for the blog is right here.

https://www.themacmentor.com/blog

If you have any questions, or would like a hands on session for battery health, please reach out and let me know. Text or call me @847.902.6681.

I look forward to catching up with you soon.

MacMentor offers advice on 9/28/28....

macOS Sonoma (14.0) is here...be patient before you upgrade.

macOS Sonoma (14.0) is available for download on the following machines:
  • iMac - 2019 and later
  • Mac Pro - 2019 and later
  • iMac Pro - 2017
  • Mac Studio - 2022 and later
  • MacBook Air - 2018 and later
  • Mac mini - 2018 and later
  • MacBook Pro - 2018 and later

Now, if you’re Mac does not fall under the list above of upgradeable Macs, that doesn’t mean you need to run out and buy a new one today, tomorrow or next month. It does mean you should start thinking about getting a new Mac.

The reasons being, when you’re Mac is no longer upgradeable, you won’t be getting security enhancements (most important), and bug fixes. The reason(s) both of these are important are because, first without security enhancements you are leaving your Mac susceptible to outside attacks via virus, malware, hackers, etc. Also, outside vendors tend to keep their software up to date with Apple and often require your Mac to be at a certain level to work with their software (this is hugely important!).

Taking all of this into account, it does not mean you should download and upgrade today! As always it’s my recommendation to wait until 14.x gets released to allow developers to use the initial release, find the bugs, report them to Apple and let Apple fix these issues, before the general public updates their devices.

Now, if you are of the renegade sort and like to be the first to download new software, go for it. I’ve been using macOS Sonoma for months on my testing laptop and haven’t experienced any major issues.

Again, that stated I still recommend waiting. Patience is a virtue with any new operating system.

Whatever you choose to do, happy computing to you! If you do run into issues having upgraded your machine, let me hear about them, I can report them to Apple or better yet try and re-create the issues, or help you resolve them .

#Apple #Mac #Tech #macOSSonoma #NewRelease #UpgradeYourLife

If you have questions, concerns or just want to chat about your Mac, please call or text us @ 847.902.6681 or email geoff@themacmentor.com, at your convenience.

For those not superstitious a Friday the 13th message from MacMentor...

Good stuff from The MacMentor​
October 13, 2023

Happy Friday! I wanted to let you know about a brand new blog I just put up on my website, TheMacMentor.comwith some tips for saving the battery on your brand new iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max. Some of the tips will also work on the 14 Pro and Pro Max.

The suggestions I provide are just that, suggestions. You may wish to try your luck for a few weeks before implementing my suggestions. I've been very happy with the life on my brand new iPhone 15 Pro, but I've also made every change that I wrote about . As always,
You can find the new blog here: The MacMentor Blog

I hope you read my previous email regarding macOS 14 and I hope you have NOT updated yet. There are a number of issues that hopefully will be resolved in the 14.x release. I'd love to hear from you if you did update. Please make sure your iPhone/iPads are up to date with iOS 17.0.3.

Call or text us @ 847.902.6681, or email to geoff@themacmentor.com with any questions.

Best,
Geoff

New Macs are here!
256441317.png
Apple has released new iMac (desktop) computer along with new 14" and 16" MacBook Pros

Just in time for the holidays I'm excited to share that Apple has launched an impressive lineup of new computers! The iMac now features the advanced M3 chip, and the 14" and 16" MacBook Pros have been updated with the M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips sets.

When you're considering a new Mac, the options available can be tailored to suit various requirements. I am here to help guide you through the selection process for purchasing a new Mac. Depending on your needs, the standard configurations may be enough for you. But please reach out if you'd like assistance with a new Mac as I am able to get them at a discount for you, as well as deliver and set them up for you.

Looking forward to assisting you in finding the perfect Mac for your requirements.

Cheers,

Geoff

#Apple #Mac #Tech #M3MacBookPro #M3iMac #UpgradeYourLife

Facebook Linkedin Pinterest
628624310.png

MacMentor reports...

macOS Sonoma (14.1.1) is here...and you SHOULD upgrade at your convenience

macOS Sonoma (14.1.1) is available for download on the following machines:

• iMac - 2019 and later
  • Mac Pro - 2019 and later
  • iMac Pro - 2017
  • Mac Studio - 2022 and later
  • MacBook Air - 2018 and later
  • Mac mini - 2018 and later
  • MacBook Pro - 2018 and later

Apple has addressed and fixed the biggest of my concerns which was screen sharing, it now works. So please upgrade when you have time.

#Apple #Mac #Tech #macOSSonoma #NewRelease #UpgradeYourLife​

If you have questions, concerns or just want to chat about your Mac, please call or text us @ 847.902.6681 or email geoff@themacmentor.com, at your convenience.​

Is it time to clean up your Mac computer? Professional help is just an e mail or phone call away.

Feel free to ask questions. Invoke the magic name of ODwire.org and MacMentor will listen closely. ;)

The holiday season is upon us, and that means it's time for some incredible deals at The MacMentor! We're thrilled to announce our biggest Cyber Monday sale ever.

From now until midnight on 11.27.23, you can get our world-class Mac support at a discounted rate of just $130 per hour. That's a HUGE savings off our regular hourly rate! Purchase 1-3 hours, and the hours are good through 2024. A Purchase 4 or more hours, allows you to lock in our expertise for three years and save even more in the long run.
Retainers (a purchase of 4 hours or more) are a great way to get the ongoing support you need to keep your Apple devices running smoothly and efficiently. With your purchase of 4 hours or more you'll have priority access to The MacMentor, who is always ready to help you with any Apple device issue you encounter.

So don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to save big on The MacMentor's expert Apple device support! This offer is only valid Through Monday 11.27.23, so take advantage of it today!

To take advantage of this AMAZING deal, please email (use the button below), text or call (847.902.6681) with the number of hours you’d like to purchase and the method you wish to pay (Zelle and Venmo are the preferred methods of payment, Credit card and check are ok if you don't use either of those.)

The MacMentor

www.themacmentor.com

Happy Cyber Monday!
The MacMentor Team

*There are no refunds for time purchased.

iOS 17.2, iPadOS 17.2 and macOS 14.2 are available and ready for primetime!​
256441317.png

macOS 14.2 is here...and if you haven't upgrade your Mac yet, I highly recommend you do so. Same is true for your iPhone and iPad, with iOS 17.2

There are many new features, security enhancements and bug fixes to the new upgrades that you'll benefit from, even if you don't use all the new features, like the Journal app in iOS 17.2 and the ability to record spacial video (which will only really benefit those of you who have either the iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max, and those of you who choose to buy the new Vision Pro headset when it gets release early next year).

For the Mac, os14.2 I've highlighted three great new additions below:

Messages app: The Messages app includes a catch-up arrow that lets you jump to the first unread message in a conversation, plus there is an option to add a sticker to a message from the tapback interface. That makes it quicker to add non-emoji reactions during chats on the Mac.

Weather Widgets: There are several new Weather widgets that can be added to the Mac's desktop. Options include next-hour precipitation, daily forecast, sunrise and sunset, Air Quality, Feels Like, and wind speed.

PDF AutoFill: AutoFill recognizes key fields in PDFs and other documents so you can fill them out quick. It will recognize addresses, phone numbers, and similar data that can be filled from the Contacts app.

Happy upgrading! If you do run into issues having upgraded your machine, let me hear about them, I can report them to Apple or better yet try and re-create the issues, or help you resolve them .

#Apple #Mac #Tech #macOSSonoma #NewRelease #UpgradeYourLife
If you have questions, concerns or just want to chat about your Mac, iPhone or iPad, please call or text us @ 847.902.6681 or email geoff@themacmentor.com, at your convenience.

Keep an Apple expert consultant on retainer...

With 2023 in our rear view mirrors and 2024 upon us, I wanted to extend an offer to purchase hours to those of you that missed the CyberMonday deal. This offer allows you to purchase 1-3 hours or 5 or more hours, at a great price. The purchased hours will last you from 1-3 years. This will be the ONLY time this deal will be offered in 2024.

Here's what you need to do. From now until midnight on 1.1.24 you can get our world-class Mac support at the discounted rate of just $130 per hour. That's a HUGE savings off our regular hourly rate!

Purchase 1-3 hours, and the hours are good through 2024.

Purchase 5 or more hours and this allows you to lock in our expertise for three years (through 2027) and save even more in the long run.

Retainers (a purchase of 5 hours or more) are a great way to get the ongoing support you need to keep your Apple devices running smoothly and efficiently. Your purchase of 5 hours or more gives you PRIORITY access to The MacMentor, who is always ready to help you with any Apple device issue you encounter.

So don't DELAY, or you'll miss out on this incredible opportunity to save big on The MacMentor's expert Apple device support! This offer is only valid Through Monday 1.1.24, so take advantage of it today!

To take advantage of this AMAZING deal, please email (use the button below), text or call (847.902.6681) with the number of hours you’d like to purchase and the method you wish to pay (Zelle and Venmo are the preferred methods of payment, Credit card and check are ok if you don't use either of those.)

Happy New Year!

The MacMentor Team