who art in Pittsburgh,

football be thy Game.

Thy Kingdome come,

4 Super Bowls won,

on earth as it is in Heinz Field.

Give us this day a playoff victory,

and forgive us our penalties,

as we defeat those who play against us,

But lead us into a victory, and deliver us to Detroit.

Amen :rolleyes:

Tom Stickel said:
Evidently someone was praying when Ben Roethlisberger made a game-saving tackle and then the best kicker in football really really missed the game tying kick...
What, Tom, you've never heard of the Holy City, Pittsburgh? :p

[Consider the jerky Palamalu call and the Randal El (?) missed pass interference call at the 3-yd line in the first half that nobody's talking about....what goes around comes around, I guess...]

Pittsburgh, the Holy City....

Merrill Bowan said:
What, Tom, you've never heard of the Holy City, Pittsburgh?

Story goes that Tony Dungy was playing in Baltimore, and he notes a red telephone at the end of the bench. "What's that?" he asks. It's a hotline to God, he's told. "Can I use it?" he asks. Sure, but it'll cost you 50 bucks. Well it'll be worth it, he figures. He does, and the Colts win. They go to Tennessee, and he notes another red telephone at the end of the bench. "What's that? Is it a hotline to God?" Sure is, he's told. "Can I use it?" he asks. Sure, but it'll cost you 60 bucks. Well it'll be worth it. it worked in Baltimore. Sure enough, they win.

They get to Pittsburgh and his old buddy Bill Cowher is showing him around the new stadium. He sees another red telephone at the end of the bench. "Is that a hotline to God?" he asks. "Sure," says Cowher. "Can I use it?" he asks. "No problem, but it'll cost you a quarter." "What the heck," says Dungy, "it cost me 50 bucks to use one in Baltimore, and 60 bucks in Tennessee!"

"Sure," says Cowher, "but here, it's a local call!"

:rolleyes:

You need to jump in your car and drive down to Morgantown to see a great team play.

Steelers Fan

:eek:

When Peyton Manning died and went to heaven, God was showing him around.They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Peyton." said God. "This is very
special; not everyone gets a house up here." Peyton felt special and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house. It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Steeler flag and in every window, a Terrible Towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but,why does Ben Roethlisberger get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Peyton, that's not Ben's house, it's mine."

Last edited: