Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR

In this video, we were broadcasting LIVE from the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, NV, during Vision Expo West, 2016.

Dr. Shane Kannarr, an Acuvue VITA Clinical Study Participant, and Dr. Cristina Schnider, the Global Professional Affairs Director at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc. discuss the new Acuvue VITA lens.

They discuss the science behind the lens, and why having a monthly lens is available is important in practice.

At the end of the presentation, they take viewer's questions.

If you have any questions for the presenters, feel free to ask in the thread below.
-- adam

I made it through 12:20 before family duties called but was struck by the graph showing that something like 67% ON DAY ONE were not comfortable with the lens by the end of the day. Maybe this is as good as it gets to date, but it would be very interesting to see a comparison of the same measure with various lenses. In particular I'd like to see a head to head of the Oasys/Vita polymer vs. the DT1 polymer.

I made it through 12:20 before family duties called but was struck by the graph showing that something like 67% ON DAY ONE were not comfortable with the lens by the end of the day. Maybe this is as good as it gets to date, but it would be very interesting to see a comparison of the same measure with various lenses. In particular I'd like to see a head to head of the Oasys/Vita polymer vs. the DT1 polymer.
Hi Charlie - sorry for delay but dealing with hurricane Matthew this weekend. Just got power back today. On the 67% stat- that was the % who were top 2 box (extremely and very) COMFORTABLE. So 33% were just comfortable to very uncomfortable (don't have further breakdown at my fingertips)...

Hi Charlie - sorry for delay but dealing with hurricane Matthew this weekend. Just got power back today. On the 67% stat- that was the % who were top 2 box (extremely and very) COMFORTABLE. So 33% were just comfortable to very uncomfortable (don't have further breakdown at my fingertips)...

I apparently mistyped uncomfortable for comfortable. And thank you for the clarification. Makes better sense. -Charlie