CEWire Webinar in 2016?

Dr. Clark, we're going to have a big announcement very soon, you're going to like it... :)

Philip, in addition to attending the CE, you need to post more. 6 posts in 7 years? You've got more to say than that and more participation makes this forum all the stronger.

I told a story in the forums today about Russellville...strange!

If Nelson is a speaker, I'm out. Tired of his fear-mongering, hate mongering, and fish mongering.

Actually................Hope you guys keep Nelson for the coding stuff :)

If Nelson is a speaker, I'm out. Tired of his fear-mongering, hate mongering, and fish mongering.

lol, we're equal opportunity offenders.

We ask people to speak who have something important to say -- Dr. Thomas is speaking, Nelson is doing one, and this go-around, we've invited several (3-4) OMDs who are friendly to optometry and have COPE-approved lectures.

Our goal with this show is 1) inclusion and 2) really upping the quality of the clinical content.

Dr. Friedberg's lecture on OCT last time around got the highest ratings of any talk we've ever seen on the site, and it felt like trying to replicate it across a wide range of diseases and devices would be a kickass thing to do. You will be shocked by the people we got to agree to speak this time (and we didn't even have to blackmail them with the naked pictures we took.)

Reactions: Joe DiGiorgio O.D.
lol, we're equal opportunity offenders.

We ask people to speak who have something important to say -- Dr. Thomas is speaking, Nelson is doing one, and this go-around, we've invited several (3-4) OMDs who are friendly to optometry and have COPE-approved lectures.

Our goal with this show is 1) inclusion and 2) really upping the quality of the clinical content.

Dr. Friedberg's lecture on OCT last time around got the highest ratings of any talk we've ever seen on the site, and it felt like trying to replicate it across a wide range of diseases and devices would be a kickass thing to do. You will be shocked by the people we got to agree to speak this time (and we didn't even have to blackmail them with the naked pictures we took.)

Just the fact that you were present to take naked pictures is disturbing...

That said, even as one of the speakers, I can say that Friedberg's OCT lectures was one of the best I've ever heard bar none.

You forgot race mongering.

Edging closer to unleashing CEwire2016 on the world. There are a few interesting surprises this time around!

Speakers -- get those talks into me as soon as you can (you know who you are!)

Of course 2015 Cewire has concluded, but are the videos still available to watch? I missed the Oct lecture everyone is raving about.

Of course 2015 Cewire has concluded, but are the videos still available to watch? I missed the Oct lecture everyone is raving about.

Contractually, most of the lectures had to disappear after the 3-month period was over (speakers typically don't like letting their materials sit out indefinitely.)

HOWEVER -- we did save a couple, as both Dr. Friedberg and our very own Dr. Thomas were kind enough to leave their lectures up!

Dr. Friedberg's OCT Talk:
https://www.odwire.org/threads/mastering-oct-interpretation-with-dr-mark-friedberg.91052/

Dr. Thomas on Billing & Coding Medical:
https://www.odwire.org/threads/billing-and-coding-the-medical-eye-exam-with-dr-craig-thomas.91572/

This is a small taste of the talks we'll have at CEwire2016 -- both speakers have agreed to come back with all-new lectures.

enjoy
ad

So we can learn for CEwire2016...

If not too personal why did you miss the OCT lecture? Were you registered for CEwire2015?

If not ...why not?

Anything we can do do to improve the experience, especially during the live two days of the show?

Our goal for CEwire2016 is to make the C/E presetations so enticing that ODs will register at the $3 per hour price point even if they don't need the COPE approved CE credits.

Stay tuned...

I am amazed at the diversity and quality of the lectures coming in CEwire2016. Not just the standard watered down stuff and the diversity and talent of the speakers have me in awe. It is a pleasure working with the Farkas's on this project. I think anyone who attends this live and has the ability to watch for 90 days on demand will be wowed and happy they registered for the conference

COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am amazed at the diversity and quality of the lectures coming in CEwire2016. Not just the standard watered down stuff and the diversity and talent of the speakers have me in awe. It is a pleasure working with the Farkas's on this project. I think anyone who attends this live and has the ability to watch for 90 days on demand will be wowed and happy they registered for the conference

COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been fun working with you too Steve.

Everyone will have a shot at seeing what we're up to this week, when we roll the thing out.

I think the important thing to know is that CEwire2016 is going to be like 2015, but on anabolic steroids. We took the feedback that people gave us from the last show about the lecture topics and really pushed on things that people told us that they wanted to see -- and upped the number of hours at the same time.

There's a bunch more medical;
Several talks on specialty lenses, including intro to sclerals for those dipping their toes in.
Several hours of Friedberg talking about different things, and few more well-known OMDs who were totally behind the spirit of the conference etc...

So we're trying to put together the conference that people told us they wanted, at a price that everyone can afford. (you know my feelings about CE and cost... it is a pet peeve.)

So we're trying to put together the conference that people told us they wanted, at a price that everyone can afford. (you know my feelings about CE and cost... it is a pet peeve.)

One of our goals in addition to the low cost is to offer courses so useful and interesting, that ODs will want to participate for the full 50 hours over three months On demand, although your state board limits the number of on line COPE approved courses.

This is important to me because I'm fuming, that the Florida State Board refuses to approve a single hour of on line courses. I'll match the CEwire2016 course with the needed 10 questions per hour against any live course where there is hardly ever an exam to be certain of course comprehension. Better to nap of play with your iPhone.:mad:

Why is the Florida Board in the last century? You Florida ODs have too ask them.

Adam has be been taking his Florida Medical C/E on line for re licensure since 2000. If it works for Florida medicine why not optometry?:rolleyes:

So we can learn for CEwire2016...

If not too personal why did you miss the OCT lecture? Were you registered for CEwire2015?

If not ...why not?

Anything we can do do to improve the experience, especially during the live two days of the show?

Our goal for CEwire2016 is to make the C/E presetations so enticing that ODs will register at the $3 per hour price point even if they don't need the COPE approved CE credits.

Stay tuned...

I signed up, and never got a chance to complete any courses! Im running a busy office, working Mon-Sat, was planning a wedding/got married..honeymoon....and had to deal with finishing up building our new house. It just kept getting bumped on the priority list I guess. Not going to let that happen next year!

I signed up, and never got a chance to complete any courses! Im running a busy office, working Mon-Sat, was planning a wedding/got married..honeymoon....and had to deal with finishing up building our new house. It just kept getting bumped on the priority list I guess. Not going to let that happen next year!
Did you ask your then fiancé to postpone the wedding?