CEwire2020 News & Updates

Discussion in 'CEwire2020' started by AdminWolf, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Greg Luce

Greg Luce Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2001
    School/Org:
    PUCO
    City:
    Welches
    State:
    OR
    Thanks again, I did 18 hours. Re-"broadcasting" "live" is much appreciated.

Frederick Frost likes this.
  2. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    A question on the mind of early CEwire2020 subscribers...

Dr DB asks...

Hi, I paid for CE back in early 2020 and am wondering how long my on demand is valid for? My tracker number is ______

Dr. D B
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

The response by Adam....

More importantly, we're going live again 4 more times between now and the end of the year, you're welcome to attend those as well -- no tests required for live shows this year!

Thanks
    Adam

3. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR

More important for those who waited to see if VEW and the AAOpt would be live, your wait is over.

Some state association will be offering a virtual convention. Many ODs will support their state association and register for their convention. Admirable to support your state association. They are guardians of optometry.

For ODs who are not members of the AOA and their state association, CEwire2020 is the most cot effective way to receive all your credits under one virtual roof.

See you in August, October, November and December to allow you to get 64 credits live and interactive.

A special thanks to our world class presenters who will be monitoring their courses live during those months

4. AdminWolf

AdminWolf Site Administrator & Tech Lead
    Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    University of Michigan Medical School
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Just a reminder for everyone, CEwire2020 is back live on August 22 & 23!

Your one pass gets you access to all the live shows throughout the rest of the year. (and if you've already got a pass, just a reminder that it'll still work.)

Hope to see everyone there!
    Adam

5. odyip

odyip Member

Dec 21, 2006
    School/Org:
    UC Berkeley School of Optometry
    City:
    Toronto
    State:
    ON
    I wanted to know if the schedule for the October 17-18 live sessions are out yet?

In addition, I've never done a live session online before.

Is there a link with a video explaining the setup process or do I just click on the 'livestream' icon on the main page of the 'CE Wire 2020' website and go from there?

Also, if I am in room 1, do I need to click each hour or two hours (depending on the length of the webinar) to re-join the next live session in that room? or will I continue onto the next live session automatically?

6. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    The sessions are considered Live on the 10/17 and 10/18 when the presenters are monitoring in real time to answer your questions. At present the same courses are on "On Demand " where you must pass a 10 question quiz to receive On demand not live credit.

Go into the sessions Lobby where courses are located. The Live stream takes you into a discussion hotel by Adam. The sessions has the courses . Once you sign in for a live course there will be an instruction video to explain you put your identification # in one tome and the system remembers you.

Once you one or two hour course is completed. close it out like leaving the room and sign up for your next course.

Remember to receive credit for the course you must attend for the full 50 minute/100 hour. OK to leave once the course ends if under scheduled time.

7. odyip

odyip Member

Dec 21, 2006
    School/Org:
    City:
    Toronto
    State:
    ON
    I'm hoping to take some live courses, but have a tight schedule in October. I'm already signed up for CE Wire 2020.

When will the Download Printable Course Schedule: October 17-18, 2020 be available?

Thanks!

8. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    For the most part the courses and hours will be the same as they were for 8/23 and 8/24.

9. odyip

odyip Member

Dec 21, 2006
    School/Org:
    City:
    Toronto
    State:
    ON
    Question 1:

Just had a questions regarding tomorrows live sessions. If I'm tied up with some errands and arrive say 5 minutes late to the live session and complete the session. Would that still count as 'present' for the live session, in terms of obtaining the CE Credit?

OR if I'm late by even 1 minute to a live session, should I just wait for the next live session the following month?

(What is the policy for minutes missed? Is it 50 mins / hour present or 60 mins / hour present?)

Questions 2:

If say I missed 5 minutes of the live session tomorrow and then am not eligible for the credit. Can I view the first 5 minutes of the live session of the same course offered the following month? In order to compensate for the 5 minutes I missed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

10. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    My best answer is: try to be on time!

The software is going to be watching, and it is pretty strict about making sure you're there for the course -- I'd recommend that if you get there more than 5 minutes late, skip the course until next time.

Similarly, do NOT exit a course early -- wait until the bitter end so you qualify for the credit.

Sorry to be such a pain about it, we try to follow ARBO's rules to the letter, because we don't want to get ourselves or any participants in trouble.

.. and btw, if you think you were there the whole time & for some reason the software didn't pick it up, just email us at support@cewire2020.com -- tell us what the class was & we can fix the issued make sure the credits are transmitted to ARBO appropriately.

odyip likes this.
  11. odyip

odyip Member

Dec 21, 2006
    School/Org:
    City:
    Toronto
    State:
    ON
    IMG_20201017_114216.jpg

I'm in the live session and it doesn't have the 'attendance' / 'present' button on the top left corner of the screen.

If my CE2020 Profile is upto date with my ARBO tracker number. Once the session is complete, I just goto the 'profile usage' page and then click that I attended the entire session or is everything now automated?

Thanks again and I hope this also helps others

Steve Silberberg likes this.
  12. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    It is now automatic -- as long as you show up for the entire lecture, and the system has your tracker #, you're done!

thanks
    adam

13. Steve Silberberg

Steve Silberberg ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    School/Org:
    SUNY Stonybrook/SUNY/MIT
    City:
    Matawan
    State:
    NJ
    Also once you put your tracker number in once you're done for the entire weekend! Just go to the rooms and watch and enjoy it. You'll get credit!!

14. Jennifer B Grove OD

May 24, 2019
    School/Org:
    Southern California College of Optometry
    City:
    Diamond Bar
    State:
    CA
    Hi, would you kindly inform me of the Nov and Dec dates for Live Events? I cannot find it although it's been posted somewhere. Thanks!

15. Steve Silberberg

Steve Silberberg ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    School/Org:
    SUNY Stonybrook/SUNY/MIT
    City:
    Matawan
    State:
    NJ
    ALL lectures offered LIVE Online:
    October 17 & 18 [view live schedule]
    November 14 & 15
    December 12 & 13

16. James Harper

James Harper ODwire.org Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    School/Org:
    University of Houston College of Optometry
    City:
    Odessa
    State:
    Tx
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the hard work!
    I felt like setting myself up before the first lecture with pastry’s, fruit and melon, and choice of coffee or tea.

Steve Silberberg likes this.