Dare to be Different: Achieve Independence from Managed Care

For those attending...

This was a first for ODwire.org charging a nominal fee to attract outstanding presenters and topic for a Webinar. This Webinar has the added advantage of receiving useful speaker hand outs.

Was the effort worth the $19 price for admission?
sure, and I was not able to attend and am just looking forward to access to the archived event.

I wonder how many MDs or DDSs are going through this effort to get out of managed care.
There's a group, American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, that is a strong advocate for this "cash only" direct-pay model. They host annual conferences that teach MD's how to get rid of Medicare, 3rd party, & talk about many of the concepts in this webinar.

Beat the Middlemen and Bureaucrats Interfering in Patient Care and Impeding Your Ability to Practice Medicine the Right Way!
Come discuss strategies for restoring the joy in medicine and putting patients first.

Come and learn strategies and tactics to:

• Counteract, negate, reduce and even eliminate insurance bureaucrat interference in your practice and patient care
  • Fight back against hospital administrator attacks on physicians who put patients first.
  • Help your practice and patients navigate the challenges of encounters with government entities who put red tape before patient care.
  • Handle unwarranted Medical Board accusations that tie up your time and resources.

https://aapsonline.org/event/march-...t-survive-xxix-restoring-the-joy-in-medicine/

My point is, you don't know until you try and your patient base is what you make of it. The day you stop whining about how organized optometry is failing to educate the public about the value of proper eyecare, and start educating your own patients, is the day you might find optometry is a very enjoyable and rewarding pursuit indeed.

This was an excellent presentation, basically: "Am I aggressively and actively building my practice or relying on VCP to bring patients to me?" I live in a town with one large employer, so dropping its VCP is not an option (recent change from VSP to Davis - that's another thread...)

My take-aways:
1. expand my private pay sales: services & goods. I wrote about this years ago: https://www.reviewob.com/four-ways-to-add-direct-pay-products-services/
2. carry my business card everywhere & talk about what I do, everywhere I go. at the grocery store, in the pastry shop, at church, at political events, etc.
3. drop the worst VCP first: yeah, the one that keeps calling me about the balance that I owe for the services & goods rendered 4 months ago;
4. smart marketing, a very high level of care, patient-centered care, specialty services: all of the above.

Not sure if I missed it, but when will the Webinar be available for view for those who registered and not able to attend the original viewing?

Not sure if I missed it, but when will the Webinar be available for view for those who registered and not able to attend the original viewing?
Hi Eric, I'll PM you the full info

thx
Adam