Drexel, Salus universities will proceed with merger - The Philadelphia Inquirer

So my Step Father graduated Drexel with an Engineering degree and I from PCO. Not interesting to anyone else but I thought I'd mention it. It was also the next campus over from Penn when I attended. Our parties were better. :cool:

So my Step Father graduated Drexel with an Engineering degree and I from PCO. Not interesting to anyone else but I thought I'd mention it. It was also the next campus over from Penn when I attended. Our parties were better. :cool:
Looks like they may plan to drop the Salus name and keep PCO -- ie, The Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Drexel, etc... Guess it has more weight historically than Salus.

That makes sense. PCO has been around much longer than Salus.

Same here! Engineering degree from Drexel and then OD from PCO years later. Penn students were considered snobs by us Drexel engineers-lol

• Haha
Reactions: Clarence Widmann
Drexel has a medical school. I wonder if OD students will share pharmacology classes with medical students, and if there will be 4th year rotations with the OMD clinic

What is interesting to me is looking at the financials,
Drexel has a medical school. I wonder if OD students will share pharmacology classes with medical students, and if there will be 4th year rotations with the OMD clinic
From the sound of the press release, they want to relocate to Drexel's campus eventually. Who knows how long that will take.

The financial side of this is interesting to me -- Salus was doing about $50MM in revenue a year, but netting between $2-3MM. I thought that would have been higher.

Drexel is known for its entrepreneurship program. I wonder how that may (or may not) play with PCO.