geocities.com
School/Org
Southern California College of Optometry
City
Oakland
State
CA
Hi there.

Just wonder if there are any ham radio/amateur radio operators among the seniordoc population. It'd be interesting to here if you set up a station at your practice or something like that.

Jason (AA6RT)

Hello Jason,

Not an active Ham here. CW is the reason. Just do not have the desire to pass that requirement. I know, I know...
Can have a radio in the vehicle and in the house. The office is not set up for a radio.

I think there are several Hams in optometry.

Now that you got me thinking about Ham radio, maybe, just maybe, I will upgrade the old ticket.

Bill Homan
N5TUE

Hi there.

Just wonder if there are any ham radio/amateur radio operators among the seniordoc population. It'd be interesting to here if you set up a station at your practice or something like that.

Jason (AA6RT)
Well I'm about 17 years late responding to this thread but glad I found it. I have been licensed for a year now. No shack at the office but take my handheld in car ant try to make satellite contacts at lunch. Tried many times to contact the astronauts on the I.S.S. many times but only able to hear downlink once. Enjoy making contacts around the world. 73, KE8OSR

Well I'm about 17 years late responding to this thread but glad I found it. I have been licensed for a year now. No shack at the office but take my handheld in car ant try to make satellite contacts at lunch. Tried many times to contact the astronauts on the I.S.S. many times but only able to hear downlink once. Enjoy making contacts around the world. 73, KE8OSR
There is a topic underway shared by ODs in the non-optometric forum...
https://www.odwire.org/community/threads/totally-non-optometric-volunteer-work.61217/
To avoid duplication this topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.