It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...

Keith E. Watson

Apr 28, 2002
School/Org
UHCO
City
Vernon
State
CT
Here's about my day today...

I signed up with Sprint five days ago and got a nice Samsung phone (you know, the hot ones nowadays). It was free with sign up. Of course I have to send in the rebates but whateva...

The Best Buy rep also sold me this leather cover/belt clip for the phone. For the last five days, the darn phone has been falling off my belt but I just haven't had the time to return it. Until today.

My wife and I were out test driving a car and guess what happened? I was planning on returning the holster thinger right after the drive but when I got home there was NO PHONE! Oops. We made a quick drive to where we drove around and gee, there it was, crushed in the middle of the road where we got out and traded seats.

So I made the rounds: Sprint, Best Buy, etc. To whoever would listen to my pleas. Well, no refund no exchange. Only five days of use and NO PHONE!

Here I was driving home, I turn into my neighborhood, and there's my friend doing a little volunteer work, using a weed eater cleaning up around the welcome sign. As I turned my head to say, "hello," BAAAAAAM!!! The window behind me shatters into a million little pieces. Apparently, a very well placed rock flew up and blew my back window into tiny bite-sized pebbles. Pretty scary if you ask me--if my daughter had been sitting back there she might have gotten a lot of glass in her eyes. Unfortunately, there is no recourse since all side windows are just tempered--only the front windshield is safety glass (in other words, the windshield will only crack but the side windows are subject to flying debris).

There you go. My day crushed and shattered... ;)