University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
cewire2018-logo-outline-300-1.png

50 COPE-Approved Credits
, Online Through May 1st!
Virtual Exhibit Hall, with deep vendor discounts. Join us!
Register Here

Laura Periman, MD: Chronic Dry Eye Disease: 80s Dance Party Style (56338-AS)

Watch the entire presentation & earn COPE credit at CEwire2018!

Post-show interview with Dr. Periman:

Last edited:
OK, we look like we're having more fun here. LOL

A great presentation only topped by an outstanding interview!

I apologize for being so quiet but I'm clueless when it comes to 1980s music.

Laura's creativity brought back a memory...

I was a speaker at the Idaho Optometric Association meeting in Sun Valley. The lectures were being presented in a venue called the Opera House...
http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/4068

As a frustrated opera singer I thought "The Opera House is my shot!" When I went out on the stage I began my talk with La Donna E Mobile from Verdi's Rigoletto...

Needless to say the audience was dumbstruck.:eek: I never received another invitation to return to Idaho.:oops:

Reactions: Laura Periman MD
Laura Periman is a wonderful speaker on Dry Eye, oops, I mean Ocular Surface Disease. She has the DEWS report down cold, and she is enjoyable to listen to. She is passionate about her subject. Not a dry eye in the house. As a matter of fact, it will be tears of joy.

I recently joked with Dr. Periman that if she ever gets tired of her day job, she can always pick up a gig as a DJ.

Reactions: Laura Periman MD
Adam, how big a file are these CE Wire lectures? I'd like to know how much data it will use of I watch it on mobile. Anyway to download it on Wi-Fi to watch later?
My 1-hour lectures average about 150 Mb. The real eater is the audeo file

Laura Periman is a wonderful speaker on Dry Eye, oops, I mean Ocular Surface Disease. She has the DEWS report down cold, and she is enjoyable to listen to. She is passionate about her subject. Not a dry eye in the house. As a matter of fact, it will be tears of joy.

I recently joked with Dr. Periman that if she ever gets tired of her day job, she can always pick up a gig as a DJ.

We were incredibly fortunate at this last CEwire to have some great dry eye folks -- Laura Periman, Whitney Hauser, Art (just a first name, like Madonna), Crystal Brimer ...

We were incredibly fortunate at this last CEwire to have some great dry eye folks -- Laura Periman, Whitney Hauser, Art (just a first name, like Madonna), Crystal Brimer ...

I did not have a chance to see Madonna. Hopefully she still has some of the moves. ;)

And Art was by far the prettiest (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!)...But you're right Adam. The idea is to keep it fresh and keep it with the best speakers possible. If anyone has a favorite speaker or topic you want now's the time to let us know.
:eek:
At the end of the Live portion, there wasn't a Dry Eye in the house

It's just a PPT slide series however if you have your face up in video yes more