www.eyecenterstl.com
School/Org
Indiana U.
City
St. Louis
State
MO
Hey all you basketball fans,

I thought it would be fun to organize a tournament pool of ODWire members to see who has the best pick 'em skills. You'll know my post because as a lifelong Notre Dame fan my entry will be "The Fightin' Eye-rash".

The pools aren't availabe yet. I'll post when the pool becomes available. I'm going to name the group ODWire and the password, of course, will be Farkas.

There won't be any money bet on this, but I'm thinking of a few prizes:

Grand Prize
a) If a commercial doc wins, they get Steve McDaniel to fill in for them this Christmas Eve (till close), Christmas Day, and New's Year's Eve (till close). Between patients, Steve will be required to work on a book report of "I'm OK, You're OK"

b) If a private practice doc wins, they get to make Anonymous Kentucky Wal-Mart OD march into his DMs office with a video crew, slap down a fee schedule with $100 basic exams and $200 contact lens exams, demand a GDx, an OCT, and all holidays off.

Then when the DM says no, scream "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!" and march out. Then post the video on Youtube and ODWire.

First Runner-Up
You're choice: You either get Paul Farkas to put no fewer than 5 "W" stickers on his car and put a Bush/Cheney yard sign up on his lawn. Or you can get Merrill Bowan to come to your next local society meeting for a 4 hour course on ophthalmic lasers and injectables.

I'm in!:cool:

Tom Stickel said:
Hey all you basketball fans,

I thought it would be fun to organize a tournament pool of ODWire members to see who has the best pick 'em skills. You'll know my post because as a lifelong Notre Dame fan my entry will be "The Fightin' Eye-rash".

The pools aren't availabe yet. I'll post when the pool becomes available. I'm going to name the group ODWire and the password, of course, will be Farkas.

There won't be any money bet on this, but I'm thinking of a few prizes:

Grand Prize
a) If a commercial doc wins, they get Steve McDaniel to fill in for them this Christmas Eve (till close), Christmas Day, and New's Year's Eve (till close). Between patients, Steve will be required to work on a book report of "I'm OK, You're OK"

b) If a private practice doc wins, they get to make Anonymous Kentucky Wal-Mart OD march into his DMs office with a video crew, slap down a fee schedule with $100 basic exams and $200 contact lens exams, demand a GDx, an OCT, and all holidays off.

Then when the DM says no, scream "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!" and march out. Then post the video on Youtube and ODWire.

First Runner-Up
You're choice: You either get Paul Farkas to put no fewer than 5 "W" stickers on his car and put a Bush/Cheney yard sign up on his lawn. Or you can get Merrill Bowan to come to your next local society meeting for a 4 hour course on ophthalmic lasers and injectables.

ROFLMFAO!

I absolutely HATE college basketball but I would definately join that pool.

i'm in!

i used to hate college basketball, but now that my team doesnt totally suck, its fun to watch.

we're a lock. probably a 2 seed this year. highest ever. very fun football offseason...

Tom Stickel said:
Or you can get Merrill Bowan to come to your next local society meeting for a 4 hour course on ophthalmic lasers and injectables.
HEY!

You cut me down from 6!

[BTW: What's an injectable? -- But I'll do it anyway, OK?] :D

Tom, one of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum. Count me in.

Go EYE U!

R. Michael Prince said:
i'm in!

i used to hate college basketball, but now that my team doesnt totally suck, its fun to watch.

we're a lock. probably a 2 seed this year. highest ever. very fun football offseason...

Michael, I'm with you on this one! '98 Whoop!

Hey all,

Here's the link to ESPN's tournament challenge page:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

You have to create an account and then search for the group "ODWire", then the password is Farkas

Apparently it works because Dr. Barnes has already signed up an entry.

You can sign up now, but the brackets might not be available until tomorrow for filling out.

Good luck, and Let's Go Irish!

ND...puke. :D i'm picking winthrop in the 1st round at spokane.

3 seed for our Ags, Garcia. coulda been a 2 but couldnt take care of osu. in our defense it was the 3rd time we've faced them so they've scouted us well, and it was practically a home game for them (game played in oklahoma city). they went on to take the sips to the wire AGAIN. overall they beat the sips 1/3 and us 1/3. i think they deserved to be in the dance as well.

oh well. we'll throttle penn on national tv thurs and play louisville in the 2nd round. i think its crap that we have to play 6-seed louisville in frakkin' lexington, KY when we're supposed to be a "protected" seed. but whatever, make it to the 3rd round and we play in san antonio..practically a home game for us!

Last edited:
I'm in !!

Go Buckeyes......

I'd really like it to be the Saluki's......but......

Scott Wooley

Hmmm, as we like to say in ND country, "Buck the ----eyes!" (can you tell I'm bitter from the last few football spankings?)

I say if George Mason can crash the Final Four, the Salukis could win it all on the right night.

One last chance

Anyone who has a bracket left on ESPN or just wants to join a group, head over to ESPN.com and sign up for the ODWire group.

We'll be happy to have you.

Madness starts tomorrow! (Play-in means about as much to me as the DH-I consider both temporary insanity that will one day be corrected)

Michelle Bouchard said:
Guess who's in first......ME! Bring it on guys! hee hee (As of 9pm Friday)

Michelle,

Ridiculously good picking. I thought I was doing OK in a different bracket than my ODWire because I was 98.8%, but to see you rocking 99.9% is pretty ugly.

Two years ago, if I'd picked the final game correctly, I would have finished in fourth place in the country on ESPN. Damn you, Tarheels...

I suppose I must admit that my husband made the picks, I just listed them for him. He is doing extremely well, though. He would have been higher, but early on I picked George Wash and he wanted Washington. I just chose the wrong one doing it too quickly. So, he would've been a bit higher. Oh well.

Michelle Bouchard said:
I suppose I must admit that my husband made the picks, I just listed them for him. He is doing extremely well, though. He would have been higher, but early on I picked George Wash and he wanted Washington. I just chose the wrong one doing it too quickly. So, he would've been a bit higher. Oh well.

Can't understand the allure of this game. Very tall people putting a small ball into a large hoop. I've tried and tried and tried to watch it but I just can't get into it.

I love watching and cheering on local teams like the high school. The high school state tournament is a big deal here and is fun to go to. But I don't really care about watching the March Madness. I am a basketball/football/baseball/hunting/fishing widow.:(

Since I am clearly the winner, when does Kentucky WM OD make his video?? Instead of Paul putting W's stickers on his car can I have Stephen or Gordon put on "Go Hillary" stickers? Please, please? :D :D :D Just trying to be funny...:p

Michelle Bouchard said:
Since I am clearly the winner, when does Kentucky WM OD make his video?? Instead of Paul putting W's stickers on his car can I have Stephen or Gordon put on "Go Hillary" stickers? Please, please? :D :D :D Just trying to be funny...:p

I've already got my Go Hillary stickers on. They say "GO Hillary...straight to hell.":D

At one point, I think the final four, I was 1200 in the whole espn pool. Finished off at 16000ish I think. Still not too bad!