Optometry at UCA looks good on paper - UCA Echo

not an april fool.

I left a not so nice comment to the article

I left a not so nice comment to the article
looks like they moderate comments before they go up, it'll be interesting to see if yours shows.

looks like they moderate comments before they go up, it'll be interesting to see if yours shows.
so far they've censored my comment. I used no foul language nor called anyone names.

so far they've censored my comment. I used no foul language nor called anyone names.

Interesting -- I wonder if someone closer to the state could also post a well-reasoned rebuttal, would it also be censored?

I get the need to monitor newspaper comment sections, since most of the writers at those types of sites seemed to have learned the art of debate from the Unabomber, but still...

Interesting -- I wonder if someone closer to the state could also post a well-reasoned rebuttal, would it also be censored?

I get the need to monitor newspaper comment sections, since most of the writers at those types of sites seemed to have learned the art of debate from the Unabomber, but still...
A well-reasoned rebuttal will have too many holes :)

still not up? I don't dig censorship, what exactly did you write?

article said:
There are many yearly grant and award opportunities offered by the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) that help colleges build optometry schools. Through these programs, corporations that employ optometrists, such as Wal-Mart, offer financial support.

Is that so? I had no idea ASCO gave grant money to build an optometry school.

Where do I apply??

I guess having a school 2 hours away in Memphis was just too burdensome to those dozen or so AR applicants.

I tried commenting again, logging in with my wordpress acct. Tried to post this, "As an optometrist I see no need for more schools. There are many of us that don't see the value in lowering the acceptance standards and reducing the pool of applicants only to fill new chairs in new schools. Students are hugely in debt when they graduate and end up finding menial type positions in commercial stores and end up losing much of the training they learned in school just to end up writing prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. If this school ends up opening, someone else is benefiting, certainly not the graduates nor the public."

Both my original post 6 days ago and the one above are awaiting moderation.

I guess having a school 2 hours away in Memphis was just too burdensome to those dozen or so AR applicants.
Most probably, WalMart doesn't own the government in TN like they do in AR. That comes in handy when twisting optometry laws to their benefit.

ok, I see both of my posts were approved as well as another person's.