Pacific Launches New Doctorate, Undergrad Programs - Pacific University

:rolleyes:

Doctor of Science
The Doctor of Science Program is designed for physician assistants and other allied healthcare clinicians and healthcare managers. Part of the College of Health Professions, the DSc provides a variety of routes to career advancement, all offered completely online

Doctor of Science
The Doctor of Science Program is designed for physician assistants and other allied healthcare clinicians and healthcare managers. Part of the College of Health Professions, the DSc provides a variety of routes to career advancement, all offered completely online

Kudos to Pacific University. Filling a need with an aging population and a shortage of Family Care MDs.

Another need is a 2 year associated degree for Ophthalmic Dispensing.

As offered New York community colleges..

Last edited:
kudos for making up more degrees/certifications with no prior studies demonstrating a need?

kudos for making up more degrees/certifications with no prior studies demonstrating a need?
Well, maybe this is a fall-out of the push to re-train workers losing jobs. Healthcare has had an established hierarchy for ages. Training people to work the gaps might be the new normal.

Well, maybe this is a fall-out of the push to re-train workers losing jobs. Healthcare has had an established hierarchy for ages. Training people to work the gaps might be the new normal.
That’s the belief here…filling a gap. We all know medicine doesn’t solve all perceived problems. I see these programs as placebos. But, we know placebos work (I guess that’s ok to put it that way).

What really happens is money exchanging hands over and under the person with this certification.

Why not? Hell my PT calls herself a doctor. They have some PT doctorate program. Seems like everyone's joining the party.

Gosh I always addressed my professors at UCLA as “doctor.”

Your PT too?
Wikipedia:
Biden later returned to school for her doctoral degree, studying under her birth name, Jill Jacobs.[37] In January 2007, at age 55, she received a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in educational leadership from the University of Delaware under the direction of professor Barbara Curry.[2][46][47][48] Her dissertation, Student Retention at the Community College: Meeting Students' Needs, was published under the name Jill Jacobs-Biden.[47]

Wikipedia:
Biden later returned to school for her doctoral degree, studying under her birth name, Jill Jacobs.[37] In January 2007, at age 55, she received a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in educational leadership from the University of Delaware under the direction of professor Barbara Curry.[2][46][47][48] Her dissertation, Student Retention at the Community College: Meeting Students' Needs, was published under the name Jill Jacobs-Biden.[47]
I don’t have a problem with Jill Biden being called doctor. She’s got a legit traditional doctorate. What I am questioning are these brew programs. Are they legitimately doctorate level programs? Or a way to justify for schools to make money? I’m sure it’s been asked about optometry a long time ago.