Jonathan Warner

Jul 20, 2002
School/Org
Ohio State University College of Optometry
City
Kenton
State
OH
This is my first year for CEwire. I paid my fee. I was not able to watch the webinars live, so how do I go about watching them now and getting my CE credits?

contact cphillips@office.bitsonthewire.com he will guide you through it. When you signed up you used an email and made a password just enter here as a first try cewire2016.com...press "ENTER HERE" and put your password and user name. Should work

Plenty of time May 1st

Yes, everyone has until May 1st (still lots of time, even for people who haven't signed up yet.)

I'd recommend if you have signed up, or are going to that you take at least 1 class straight away, just so you can see how it works & make sure there are no hitches, you don't want to wait until you're down to the wire to discover a problem.

Personally i'm bummed that we can't go longer than May 1, but realistically -- speakers don't want their content out there perpetually.

thanks
ad

I'll pay 10 bucks a credit hour to anyone who will log in on my behalf and get me some CE.

just kidding

I'll pay 10 bucks a credit hour to anyone who will log in on my behalf and get me some CE.

just kidding

Since this is an argument used by some state boards as to why they don't allow online CE. The same thing happens at live seminars also. I would argue it may be easier to "cheat" the system at a live event. Either way, didn't want this just kidding comment to be used against us who would like their state boards to open up a little for online CE.

At Bob MOrrison's "How to" lectures in Atlantic city people would walk in one door get credits and walk in another to get other people credits. No sign in sheet etc. The state boards had to tighten up

just kidding

Just goes to show how much you think an OD's time is worth.:rolleyes:

Am I kidding? Your call.:cool:

Last edited:

just kidding
Posts like this discredit CE in general live or online and CEwire specifically. We have tried to make online CE the most robust, fair and accountable possible
1). WE have a ten question test per hour of CE hour and yes people have complained that some tests are a little hard. Good the idea is to learn not rack up CE like they are marbles.
2). Unlike other online CE I have taken the lecture must be played and in order to pass you must listen to the lecture. The software keeps track of this
3). COPE has approved and NOVA has certified the courses and tests

I realize your post is in jest but there are many eyes that look at odwire as well as contemplate ways of making live CE more of a justifiable experience. What if all CE live required transcript quality? If you don't pass the test you spend mucho money for travel, hotel in many cases and exorbitant pricing for 1 CE credit. Please keep this type of humor off line in the future for your benefit as well as all of Optometry

Posts like this discredit CE in general live or online and CEwire specifically. We have tried to make online CE the most robust, fair and accountable possible
1). WE have a ten question test per hour of CE hour and yes people have complained that some tests are a little hard. Good the idea is to learn not rack up CE like they are marbles.
2). Unlike other online CE I have taken the lecture must be played and in order to pass you must listen to the lecture. The software keeps track of this

I realize your post is in jest but there are many eyes that look at odwire as well as contemplate ways of making live CE more of a justifiable experience. What if all CE live required transcript quality? If you don't pass the test you spend mucho money for travel, hotel in many cases and exorbitant pricing for 1 CE credit. Please keep this type of humor off line in the future for your benefit as well as all of Optometry

I think more broadly, the question needs to be asked -- does CE in its current form actually improve clinical outcomes, and promote patient safety? I'm not an expert, so it is hard for me to say. I do know with CEwire, we've made the courses as rigorous as CE should be in 2016 (at the very least people have to sit and watch.)

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
ce either online or in person, I always learn at least one thing I can carry into practice. not two tho

Does Steve sound concerned?

Everyone who want to see online C/E expanded should be. CEwire2016 could be a victim of its own success.

On another topic the question was raised whether regional meetings are overkill and should be cut back or modified. State and National optometric organizations depend on the income from C/E to help balance their budget. Will optometric leaders consider the CEwire approach offering quality COPE approved courses for a modest fee a threat?

Will optometry state boards remain impartial and make decisions based on what is in the public interest? Should they follow Medicine's lead and expand the number of on line credit hours for OD convenience? Time will tell.

We hope that there will be an even more robust CEwire2017. For now, those who have been watching from the sidelines, you still have two months remaining to take some of the best courses available in optometry. Visit www.cewire2016.com for more information.

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
the crickets should concern you.

Lighten up, Francis.

as someone who purchased CEwire 2016, I've decided it does matter who is blowing the trumpet. Where is the refund button?

I've done three sessions so far, and it seems to be going well. I've already received an email from OE Tracker on my first session, two days after I took it.

I know that CEwire 2016 closes down on May 1st, but what time on May 1st?

I've done three sessions so far, and it seems to be going well. I've already received an email from OE Tracker on my first session, two days after I took it.

I know that CEwire 2016 closes down on May 1st, but what time on May 1st?

Your last submission must arrive at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Sunday night.

The system shuts down at Midnight.

At Bob MOrrison's "How to" lectures in Atlantic city people would walk in one door get credits and walk in another to get other people credits. No sign in sheet etc. The state boards had to tighten up
Those were the days, my friend! There were sign in and sign out sheets at the beginning and end of the conference.

sadly, I am one who paid for the CE but didnt have time to view a single one.......

sadly, I am one who paid for the CE but didnt have time to view a single one.......
Hurry up and do a few. Try to see if you can pass the Craig S one on the first try. I will buy you a donut if you can.
I hope Craig has gotten over that cold.

Hurry up and do a few. Try to see if you can pass the Craig S one on the first try. I will buy you a donut if you can.
I hope Craig has gotten over that cold.
is it the one on managing risks et al ?

And a dozen donuts if you play the video without listening/watching it and pass the test first try.
Keiner will probably kick in too.

That was good. Cost me $298 in buying his employer kit.

The amniotic membrane was good too. Simple and useful.

One thing they should add is the credit hours in the listing vs having to click and see how long the video is.

Okay,
so full disclosure. did not watch video at all. Took test coming off 20 hr flu that almost killed me.

and the results are....................

EPIC FAIL!!!!

Okay,
so full disclosure. did not watch video at all. Took test coming off 20 hr flu that almost killed me.

and the results are....................

EPIC FAIL!!!!
Had to be the flu. Thought you, of anyone here, would have cost me the donut/s.:)

Anyone one else here pass it first time? And I am not asking those that open up the quiz while the lecture is running and answer as they listen. I think I failed 5 times in a row before I "wised up"

Had to be the flu. Thought you, of anyone here, would have cost me the donut/s.:)

Anyone one else here pass it first time? And I am not asking those that open up the quiz while the lecture is running and answer as they listen. I think I failed 5 times in a row before I "wised up"
sad part is I attended CE in November on the same subject and STILL had virtually no clue on half the questions.

I did. I watched it live the first day.

I did. I watched it live the first day.
Nice, I knew enough to make the offer to Matt and will not burden you with the high GI of a Krispy Kreme. Think you would have passed on your prior knowledge? ie. just winging the quiz without listening as I bet you could pass most of the others.

Nice, I knew enough to make the offer to Matt and will not burden you with the high GI of a Krispy Kreme. Think you would have passed on your prior knowledge? ie. just winging the quiz without listening as I bet you could pass most of the others.

I would not have passed without watching the lecture I always learn something from Craig every time.

Paul,

I took my first CEwire course on Sunday, April 24th, and the credit on OE Tracker came through on April 26th.

I took my second course on April 26th and my third on April 27th and the credits from OE Tracker have not cone through yet. Did I miss doing something on the second and third courses? I took the quizzes and printed off the credits like the first course.

I think you have set a reasonable standard for online credit. Sure anyone can game the system. But in the end isn't it their loss? Sooner or later that behavior catches up with them.

I would submit the overwhelming majority of OD's are honest.

Paul,

I took my first CEwire course on Sunday, April 24th, and the credit on OE Tracker came through on April 26th.

I took my second course on April 26th and my third on April 27th and the credits from OE Tracker have not cone through yet. Did I miss doing something on the second and third courses? I took the quizzes and printed off the credits like the first course.
I have had them come through in differing time frames both this time and last time on CEWire courses. Some a couple days, some over a week. They will show up.

I did! Really didn't think I would....but I did.
So I'll watch a few more tonight rather than play Destiny, sigh. Already have plans Sunday so can't watch them then.

One day left for the courses.

I wonder who will win the procrastinator award with the submission closest to 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight time on 5/1/16.

I was trying to take a quiz at 7:30 PST, but the site did not allow me then. I had been listening to a course just before.