Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Seniordoc.org has undergone a radical upgrade, and become ODwire.org.

The name & look are different, but the mission remains the same.

Some of the new features were developed directly based on user input:
  • An Image Repository, that you can easily upload items to & have others comment on (you can even use those images in your posts.)
  • A greatly expanded Articles section, where ODwire.org users can now upload their own articles! Because of our substantial traffic, if you post an article in the "public" section, it will be picked up by Google and other search engines, enhancing its visibility.
  • A comprehensive survey system, which you can easily develop surveys & get other members to fill out.
  • An Event calendar, with linked threads. So when you create an event, a thread is automatically opened discussing it.
  • Live Chat. We've deployed a private, real-time chat room for members. It'll be interesting to see how much use it gets...
The forum software itself has also been enhanced, and now has WYSIWYG editors, as well as a spellchecker built in.

Enjoy & don't forget to invite your colleagues to stop by!

Seniordoc.org users may continue to use their existing usernames and passwords; there's no need to re-register

Cheers

Adam

Transisiton seems smooth so far, congragulations Adam, and thanks again for the time and energy you put into this project.

Um, how does the spell checker work?

Spell Check

Thanks!

Underneath the text box where you write your message, you should have a button now that says "spell check".

It should work fine.

Also note that if you're using a modern web browser, the text box is WYSIYG; you can easily change fonts and even cut-and-paste text with formatting in tact!

adam

Great Job!!

I love the changes to the website and the new name. Much easier to navigate. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this project!

Laura

I concur. excellent job!

CardioRetinometry

If practitioners offer the first CardioRetinometry free of charge, they will take a great deal of business from others who don't do it. Quote. See end of letter

Nexus Magazine December 05 carried a main article "Scurvy and Heart Disease" (p 39). Dr Owen Fonorow, an administrator of the charitable website www.vitamincfoundation.org published several pages, a quarter of which he devoted to CardioRetinometry (Reg)
For those of you who have not yet heard about it, preventive medicine is entering optometry.
Sequential imaging of the fundus can show increase and decrease of atheroma in a matter of weeks. Background circulation changes can be equally impressive as also reperfusion of the disc. All achieved with simple nutrients.
The latest news is that this has obliged me to relocate my practice to more prestigious Hull City Centre ground floor premises and I am installing a lift to serve three floors. The new purpose built Cardioretinometry Clinic is being created between the street level spectacle practice and the top floor Hull Contact Lens & Eye Clinic.
Last week I was invited to cooperate with the Sta Clara wing of the Matthias Rath Health Foundation (He worked and published with Linus Pauling on heart disease and Lp(a) being a surrogate for ascorbate) and has since published much work on atheroma and scurvy. With Dr Aleksandra Niedzwiecki et al they are now publishing work on cancer cures.
I wish to invite members with fundus cameras to take sequential images before and after antioxidant supplementation. I have hundreds showing improvements in atheroma and even of recovery of vessels from tortuosity preceding hypertension.
Post them to me sydneybush@hotmail.com which is easiest for storage and for me to pick up large files anywhere. Do not be disappointed if they look much the same to you. A little experience is beneficial in this area. Principally one has to remember that with 60,000 miles of vasculature, a microscopic spot of cholesterol represents perhaps 1/1,000,000,000th or less of the improvement to the cardiovascular system.
Eventually Nutritional Preventive (prophylactic if you prefer) CardioRetinometry should be available on Medicare.
At present the physicians are pretending it isn't happening.
A lot is going to change. If practitioners offer the first CardioRetinometry free of charge, they will take a great deal of business from others who don't do it.
See images on www.cardioretinometry.com and on
www.vitamincfoundation.org/bush - (unsolicited pages)
Keep those images coming.

Sydney J Bush
:)) Yes - it's my real name.)