Should cash for clunkers include motorcycles?

http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/Are_Motorcycles_Included_Cash_for_Clunkers

heck, why not.. they get even better gas mileage then cars.. lets include new windows for houses as well.. and new heat pumps.. why should cars manufacturers and dealers get a special deal??

I found a 1960 something canary yellow Buick that is for sale for 1k. I was seriously considering buying this thing and trading it on a smaller car just for the rebate. I would much rather do that deal for a new Harley!

Easy to mock a program but...

Name a single program during the entire eight years of the Bush administration that had a public benefit and so well received by the nation.

In my opinion it should be expanded to include generous tax credits for home insulation and alternate energy sources for heating.

If we did not already have one more car than we need I would have bought a junker for $100 and then use it to buy a new car that qualifies.

If motorcycles get covered i will do that and get something like a vstrom

Can't you have to have owned the car for at least a year.

Name a single program during the entire eight years of the Bush administration that had a public benefit and so well received by the nation.

In my opinion it should be expanded to include generous tax credits for home insulation and alternate energy sources for heating.

Paul the CARS program is crap. You shouldn't be rewarded for keeping an old piece of crap vehicle in the driveway. The truly poor can't afford the taxes and payments of a new car. I bet a lot of them were 3rd or 4th unused cars. I still don't understand why they are ruining the engines and such when they could be used as repair parts.

If it really was a huge economic plan there should have been stipulations that the new cars contain over 50% American parts or something.

I'm not too excited that my tax money is buying people new cars.