Tom Miller

Feb 21, 2001
School/Org
SCO
City
Fayetteville
State
NC
I just heard a t.v. commercial for some local attorneys. It talks about how "many vaccines contain thimerisol (sp) which is known to cause behavioral problems and autism in children. If you think your child has been harmed by a vaccine, please call our office".

Good grief, how low can you go. How do you think these people sleep at night.:rolleyes:

A Cautionary Tale

Hi Tom

When too many lawyers graduate from Law School and pass the Bar, unlike the profession close to our heart, they don't lower fees for services as the "law of suppy and demand" would dictate.

Instead they create more work. "Let's sue, sue, sue!" they shout. "We'll only get paid if we collect!"

OMDs and ODs in their own way also try to create more work. No one works on a contingency basis... yet. But OMDs shout through ads on TV and in the Newspapers to visit their Laser Center. ODs counter, Come to me and remold your eyes to get perfect vision without surgery". Is try before you buy too far off?

What is the consumer to think? They don't trust lawyers. They have become suspicious of doctors. The clergy is under scrutiny. Who can you trust?

If you want to keep this line if discussion going I think our Private State of Optometry Forum is the best place for ODs to be critical and come up with solutions.