Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
I have just returned from a whirlwind trip to the Northeast.

Flying has become less of a chore with security lines shorter and some good sense that old ladies in wheel chairs pose less of a threat than a young guy. Whoops that may be be profiling.

What's best is how inexpensive air travel can beif you select the proper carriers. This trip required I go to Upstate New York first and end my travels in Manhattan after visitng New Jersey and Long Island.

I went on Southeast Airline, a new small carrier, one way to Newburgh, NY for $99 and returned to Ft. Lauderdale, FL from La guardia Airport in NYC via Song Airline for $75. Song Airlines? Yes a new inexpensive carrier owned and operated by Delta to compete against Southwest and all the other upstart new airlines that are driving the established carriers, who do not understand the new reality, into failure.

Remember when a one way ticket was as as expensive as a round trip? It still is on most established airlines. No reason for it. The new airlines understand this. For this reason my air travel was less expensive than my two day car rental.

So for your next trip go on line and seek out the least expensive convenient carrier. Use e tickets that offer far more flexibility. Who knows once you get used to e commerce you may understand why your patients enjoy its convenience,

Happy trails!

Holiday trips and the Orange Alert

A narrow point of view that might be helpful for your next flight plans.

I had to travel Midway Airport Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale at the height of travel season during the increased security period. My experienced was based on using ATA, a one class no frill airline. For what it’s worth…

The airport was a madhouse with long check in lines except for those passengers who went on line to purchase e tickets and used the self-service computer check in facilities. My wait was under five minutes from the time I arrived, placed a credit card into the computer and received a boarding pass. No wait to have my luggage inspected either.

Compare that to the long lines for check in and inspection using a reservation attendant. I can safely say order your tickets on line and use the automated check in system. It saves time, gets you the lowest fairs and keeps at least ATA profitable.

Bon Voyage!