Chet Scerra

Jan 22, 2006
School/Org
Illinois College of Optometry
City
WEBSTER
State
NY
Is there an inherent weakness in the way this forum is designed (the programing, I mean), or is there something wrong with my computer?
When I writing an original message or making a reply the cursor frequently jumps all over the place. I could be typing along and suddenly I'm up in the top paragraph inserting text, or I might jump back at the beginning of the line, or end of page. IT'S MADDENING. Please help.
Thanks,
Chet

A unique complaint

Chet Scerra said:
Is there an inherent weakness in the way this forum is designed (the programing, I mean), or is there something wrong with my computer?
When I writing an original message or making a reply the cursor frequently jumps all over the place. I could be typing along and suddenly I'm up in the top paragraph inserting text, or I might jump back at the beginning of the line, or end of page. IT'S MADDENING. Please help.
Thanks,
Chet

Chet this is a first time complaint so i do not believe it is a system weakness. Our Web master might be able to offer a technical explanation.

I would suggest until your problem is resolved, you post your comments on Word and then copy it on to the appropriate topic.

Chet Scerra said:
Thanks,
Chet

Hey Chet. Are you on a laptop? My hubby is an IT person and I posed this exact same thing to him in the past and he informed me that my thumbs and/or palm is moving over the mouse pad on my laptop and causing this. AND YES, IT IS ABSOLUTELY MADDENING!!!!!!!! I'm just glad I'm not the only person with this issue!!:eek:

I have also had that problem with laptops;
another similar but different issue I have had lately on ODWIRE is with the spell check feature--for the last month or so, it says FATAL ERROR every time I try to use it. Does it not work anymore??

Erika Densmore said:
another similar but different issue I have had lately on ODWIRE is with the spell check feature--for the last month or so, it says FATAL ERROR every time I try to use it. Does it not work anymore??

I'll pass it on to our webmaster to be certain it's not a system wide problem.

Erika Densmore said:
The spellchecker has been repaired. When I upgraded ODwire, the spellcheck program didn't do so well.

All fixed now.

Thanks
adam

He has accessed your computer from a remote site and is messing with you.:)

Paul Farkas said:
Chet this is a first time complaint so i do not believe it is a system weakness. Our Web master might be able to offer a technical explanation.

I would suggest until your problem is resolved, you post your comments on Word and then copy it on to the appropriate topic.