ODwire.org Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2007
School/Org
Univeristy of Houston College of Optometry
City
Richardson
State
tx
I am a member of USAA insurance. USAA was created 60 years ago by military officers as a life insurance company.

It has expanded and will insure all service members and children of military service member. I have been a member 43 years and it has been a great company. When I opened my E-mail this is what I saw today
Vision Insurance
Affordable vision coverage through the USAA Health Insurance Marketplace.

Shop Vision Insurance Plans Now
Call USAA at 1-800-531-2371 (hours (Opens pop-up layer))

Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT
Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
Sunday Closed
hs-icon-75-vision.png

Vision Insurance Overview
Generally, most health insurance only covers medically necessary eye care services and won't cover eyewear products. If you want help paying for vision expenses, consider purchasing vision insurance through the new USAA Health Insurance Marketplace.

• Plan issued by one of the best providers in the industry.
  • You'll get the level of service you've come to expect from us.
Vision Insurance Benefits
  • WellVision® exam
  • Prescription lenses
  • Contacts
  • Great selection of eyewear with a wide variety of designer brands and styles
  • Discounts on lens options like anti-reflective coating and no-line bifocals (progressive lenses).
  • Discount on LASIK
  • Nationwide coverage — you can use your plan no matter where you live
  • Individual and family plans
Sample Plans and Rates
Sample plans with competitive pricing are offered by VSP — a reliable vision insurance provider. Plan availability and plan rates may vary by state.

(Opens Pop-up layer) (Opens pop-up layer)

Who is VSP?
A group of optometrists founded VSP in September 1955. More than 50 years later, VSP offers world-class products and services to eye care professionals, employers, and more than 58 million members. VSP provides comprehensive eye care coverage and access to cutting-edge frame styles and brands.

VSP Vision Insurance Plans
Plan Type Sample Rates for Florida Rates vary by state.
Individual Only
$12.50
Individual + 1 $23.58
Family Plan (3+) $32.33
How Much Can I Save with the VSP Vision Plan?
Help minimize your out-of-pocket expenses for eye care and eyewear products and services by purchasing standalone vision insurance. With the VSP insurance plan, you'll realize savings while receiving the personalized care you deserve.

Vision Plans as low as
$1250
per monthindividual plana
a See sample rates for all plans. Rate shown is for Florida and varies by state.

Vision plans include:
  • WellVision exam
  • Prescription lenses
  • Contacts or glasses
  • Discounts on lens options
  • Discounts on LASIK
Resources
Tip
TRICARE (Opens New Window) does not pay for lenses and frames. You will need a standalone policy to help limit out-of-pocket eyewear expenses.

Shop Vision Insurance Plans Now