why not have a chat room at seniordoc ?

A Chat Room ?

Dear Ajit:

As I understand it, a chat room involves real time conversations among several participants.

Our group consists of busy ODs and Students who are involved with other interests and hardly have time to log on and rarely post messages. Add to that the fact, that while you are posting, other members in a different part of the world are fast asleep.

If there are members who wish to communicate in real time let us know. For now more posts on our present Forums would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Ajit Limaye
Dear Dr. Paul,

It would be a good idea to have a chat room for registered users who are online. It would help us to build the bridges between the members.

Ajit

Hi Ajit,

Real-time chat is an interesting idea, and certainly would foster better communication.

Unfortunately, setting up a real-time server is highly resource intensive.

As an alternative, you'll notice that in the "member profile" you can leave your AIM, ICQ, or Yahoo instant messenger address. You can use those addresses to find the person in real time & talk to them.

To set up an AIM account, go to http://www.aol.com/aim

or to set up an ICQ account go to http://www.icq.com.

Perhaps if there is enough interest, I can set up a weekly, hour-long real-time chat room.

adam

Dear Mr. Paul and Dear Mr. adam,

I dont feel that anybody could be so busy as to avoid saying Hi to E-friend. Nobody is expected to chat like the other programs show. We all are busy and do not have time to CHAT. But it is a powerful tool of communication basically for its real time operation.

I like the idea of once in a week initial trial so that one can judge the use and then think of expanding.

Ajit

What is the best time?

Dear Ajit:

As our webmaster indicated setting up a real time Chat Room although valuable, is extemely resource intensive.

Our site is run by volunteers. If you wish to volunteer, to determine if there is an interest and a specific hour that is convenient for members who are located world wide, we can then explore building the room.

Until then I hope you are enjoying our Forum design and continue to contribute your ideas.

Paul