Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR

Introducing an exciting new category of contact lenses: NEW 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brand Contact Lenses.
Learn about the opportunity with your patients, lens design, and hear from your colleagues, Dr. Susan Resnick & Dr. Patricia Poma.

From their success with the lens thus far, they will share best practices for introducing 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brand into your office.

We'll discuss:
* The science behind the lens design, and how it is different from traditional colored contact lenses.
* How to fit the Define lens.
* How to identify ideal candidates & establish effective office processes for marketing the lenses to patients

A word of advice from someone who has been witness to the cosmetic contact lens market for many years...

Don't second guess your patients as to how important a cosmetic enhancement is to them.

Women and many men spend thousands a year for cosmetic enhancement. Notice the number of hair and nail salons thriving?

Before prejudging spend an hour with these two experienced ODs. Feel free to ask questions. There will be enough time for Dr Resnick and Dr Poma to answer them.

This is a very different sort of color-enhancing lens from what has existed before, which is why I think this show is going to be useful to docs just starting to work with the lens.

I tried it at Expo, the lens is subtle; it doesn't call attention to itself, it just makes you look 'better'. (sort of like good plastic surgery -- when an acquaintance sees you, they should say "wow, you look so well-rested" not "wow, who is your surgeon?")

So in that respect, I think this lens has a much broader audience than previous color-changing lenses, particularly among men or older folks who might not have even considered it before.

I'm looking forward to participating in this Webinar.

It's ben a long time since a contact lens product has been introduced where there is fun :)combined with profit.