25 Best States For Optometrists - Stock Review

Connecticut is number 3! Watch out Mississippi.....we're coming for ya!

Wow, look at Ohio.

upload_2017-6-24_11-11-6.png

Everyone knows John D. is a financial wizzard

upload_2017-6-24_11-12-6.png

It looks like I may need to have my eyes checked. I could not find my beloved Illinois :rolleyes:

It looks like I may need to have my eyes checked. I could not find my beloved Illinois :rolleyes:

Years of having the largest and oldest optometry school in the nation as well as several medical schools with OMD programs have taken their toll. The fruit does not fall far from the tree! There is always another street corner where there is not yet an O.D.

Years of having the largest and oldest optometry school in the nation as well as several medical schools with OMD programs have taken their toll. The fruit does not fall far from the tree! There is always another street corner where there is not yet an O.D.

Yes, and young OD students do not possibly comprehend this.

Yes, and young OD students do not possibly comprehend this.

They figure they are God's gift to optometry and will simply take everybody else's business. Er...umm...I wonder if that was me about 30 years ago? Actually I did a business analysis and concluded that I should leave Illinois and move to one of the high growth areas, namely Phoenix, Tampa, or Dallas.

Connecticut is number 3! Watch out Mississippi.....we're coming for ya!
You guys have the highest pay at almost $200k for an employee. Employers must be making bank up there. I guess you're going to have to up the ante to hire.

At least it is consistent with Indiana. We are usually bottom 3 for income and almost tops in oversupply. =(

Most of the good states I bet have lower O.D. density.

That's not even remotely close to correct.
It's in print so it has to be true. [emoji1] I think the BLS also said the outlook for optometric is great as a whole. I know the AOA believe their numbers; they keep quoting it. Better be careful they don't open another optometry school in Connecticut with those numbers.

Better be careful they don't open another optometry school in Connecticut with those numbers.

So true. They will use that data to lobby the decision makes to open another school.