School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Episode 41: The Economics of Prokera with Dr. John Rumpakis
Loading the player ...

In this episode, we sit down with Dr. John Rumpakis to discuss the economics of PROKERA®, a biologic corneal bandage composed of preserved amniotic membrane tissue.

Importantly, we'll learn how to properly bill & code when using this product with your patients.

And if you missed our previous radio show about the clinical aspects of PROKERA®, you can catch it here.

Dr. Rumpakis will be available to take questions in this thread, so fire away!

Thanks again to John for taking the time to talk about billing & coding of prokera.

feel free to ask questions about it here

thanks!
ad

Sure, why use Prokera over something like Bio-D Optics which is half the price and requires no special storage? Seems that would have a significant effect on the economics of using them.

Sure, why use Prokera over something like Bio-D Optics which is half the price and requires no special storage? Seems that would have a significant effect on the economics of using them.

I can't find any clinical trials about BioD, where as there are a bunch for Prokera... am I using poor search terms?

yup, could be, or my search-fu may be very weak. Their website isn't very helpful though -- no studies.

The reason you keep the stuff cold is to preserve its efficacy, so i'd like to see a head-to-head comparison.

I can see about putting you in contact with one of their VPs. I know they're very interested in talking to ODs, so maybe I can set something up?

I can see about putting you in contact with one of their VPs. I know they're very interested in talking to ODs, so maybe I can set something up?

Sure, I always love to hear about new products, just have them send me an email. afarkas@odwire.org.