Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
I received the following from one of the principals of POP Preferred Partner "Tied With a Bow". It's a request for a worthy cause to cure a disease close to the hearts and mind of optometry.

globalheader_email.jpg

Support Erika Maroney in the 2006 Walk to Cure Diabetes

Dear Friends and Family,

As you all know I am blessed with having a very special 5 year old boy in my life! Max's best friend, Cole. He has always been a huge part of my life from the minute Stephanie became pregnant with him! I knew that, like Savannah and Maddy, he and Max would be best of friends for life!
Less than 4 months ago Cole was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. He has been a trooper from the first Hospital visit to the daily finger pricks, shots of insulin and constant questioning "are you ok?" We all refer to Cole as the bravest kid around.

I consider him a son and would do anything in the world for him.... he is beyond special to me and I look forward to all of the wonderful things we can do together in the future.

On October 8th, our whole family will be walking in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other walkers across the country. Our goal: To raise $90 million to help fund research for a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications.

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within reach. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity.

I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference

Thank you so much,

Erika Maroney

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86454499

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=86454499

Last edited: