Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Bob Levoy, a seniordoc.org member has done it again!

His newest book "201 Secrets of a High-Performance Optometric Practice" places under one cover things that successful ODs and other professional do as part of their routine.

After reading these 201 suggestions, you might say these ideas are so simple and easy to do. The trick is going out and doing them.

Happily many of the successful ODs that Bob interviewed are also seniordoc.org members. If after reading the book, you have questions, come on line and an attempt will be made to get them answered.

For more information contact the publisher, Butterworth-Heinemann www.elsevierhealth.com.

Paul,

I have ordered this book and look forward to reading it. Didn't you say that Bob Levoy was an OD classmate of yours? Is he an OD? I don't see OD listed in any of his credits?

Yesterday when I was young...

Tom...

Yes indeed, Bob was a Classmate at Columbia University School of Optometry.

We competed for the dubious distinction of being the least adept in Mechanical Optics. Making eyeglasses was just beyond me.

As a result I went into the Contact Lens field. Bob became a well known speaker and writer. Neither of us ever attempted to fabricate or adjust eyewear after leaving school.

So now our secret is out!

;)

Thanks Paul, for your kind words about my book.Regarding your the thread about our days in Mechanical Optics, I do remember saying OOOPs a lot . . .
Bob

Dr. Levoy,

Thank you for writing this new book- this is just the kind of motivation I need to get started thinking about what i can do to improve my practice. You are a great help to ODs everywhere.

thanks again

Chuck

Bob Levoy

Not only am I reading Dr. Levoy's new book, I've also own his cassette tape series "How to Hire,keep and motivate top-notch employees". He also had another series of tapes much along the lines of practice management which I owned and have misplaced somewhere. As a matter of fact Dr. Levoy if these are still available I would appreciate information on where I could purchase them.

I've had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Levoy's lecture which were very informative and insightful. Unfortunately I've not seen him on the CE circuit in a number of years.

Finally I'd like to thank Dr. Levoy for his help and the information gleaned from his "pearls" when I was a "newly minted O.D." back in the early 80's.

Thanks Bob!

Edmundo

Bob...

Isn't great receiving "Fan Mail " on line?

I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Paul

Thank you Edmondo, for your interest and enthusiasm. Thanks too, for taking the time to write such nice note. I greatly appreciate it.

The audio cassette album (Growth Strategies) to which you referred, is out-of-print. If you'd like, I'll make a few inquiries to distributors to see if I can locate a set. (Please use a private message to let me know)

I'm conducting a seminar on November 2nd in Toronto for the Vision Institute if by any chance, you're going to back east.

Again, many thanks for your feedback
Bob

Yes Paul, it's great receiving Fan Mail -- on-line or otherwise.Thanks for making it possible.

As far as "deserving," it, I can think of a lot of people who deserve it more -- including you and Adam, who managed to create this amazing, high-tech, interactive way for O.D.s throughout the world to communicate with one other, exchange ideas, express opinions, ask questions and get them answered.
As I've written you privately, it's a remarkable achievement.

And it keeps getting better all the time,
Bob

Thank You Bob...

Your comments are most appreciated.

As at any good dinner party, Adam and I supply only the ambience.

What makes www.seniordoc.org very special and adds the flavor, are our wonderful members, who post their honest opinons and supply needed information. Some of the posts are of such high quality, that I hope one day, some enterprising optometric print journal sees fit to reproduce them.

Of course this journal would have to accept controversy. Perhaps for your next book...?

Paul ;)