1. Welcome to ODwire.org, the largest and longest-running social network for eye care professionals, with over 20,000 ECP members!

We offer private peer-to-peer discussions, articles, webinars, podcasts & more!

Our site is free to all Optometrists, OD Students, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists, and practice administrators. Join us!

Access to Optometric Forums

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Kar To Ip, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Kar To Ip

Kar To Ip Member

Oct 12, 2011
    School/Org:
    SUNY Optometry
    City:
    Brooklyn
    State:
    NY
    Hello All!

I am new to the forum and would like to know what are the requirements in order to view the Optometric Forums? I understand that Pre-Optometry students do not have access to it. However, do future optometry students or current optometry students have access to it at all?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Point of information...

There is full access to the private optometry forums when you begin your first year of optometry college. We have to have verification of your optometry college and graduation date, once you begin classes.

Meantime the access to the Pre Optometry Forum allows you to ask questions. There will be responses by seasoned ODs.

Good luck on your career decision.

3. jacky lee

jacky lee Pre-Optometry Student

Feb 25, 2013
    School/Org:
    n/a
    City:
    New York
    State:
    NY
    I also have the same questions. Thanks for answering on that one. :) Makes it more easier.

4. Kar To Ip

Kar To Ip Member

Oct 12, 2011
    School/Org:
    SUNY Optometry
    City:
    Brooklyn
    State:
    NY
    Hello. I am currently an Optometry student now. Are there any specific procedures that I have to take in order to gain access to the private forums? Thanks in advance!

5. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Welcome to optometry!

You now have access to the professional forums.