Build your Practice with Optovue iWellness and AngioWellness by Visionix - with Dr. Julie Rodman

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR

Are you interested in adding wellness screening to your practice?
Do you want increased revenue from your OCT?

In this webinar, we showcase the latest innovation in OCT/OCT-A technology the Optovue Solix by Visionix and learn how this OCT's iWellness and AngioWellness protocols can help you build your practice.

We explore:
  • Exclusive AngioAnalytics: First OCT-A 3D technology, non-invasive diagnostics for early detection, FDA cleared metrics, better R&R
  • AngioWellness with iWellness protocol: Find and monitor disease; GCC and RNFL with analytics
  • How iWellness and AngioWellness can bring you more revenue
  • And MORE!
A Q&A follows with Dr. Rodman so don't miss it!

About the Speaker

Dr. Julie Rodman is the Chief of the Broward Eye Care Institute in Fort Lauderdale, FL and a Professor of Optometry at Nova Southeastern University.

Her research interests include OCT/OCT-A and Vitreoretinal Disease. Dr. Rodman has authored over thirty publications with an emphasis on retinal disease.

She recently published "Optical Coherence Tomography Atlas: A Case Study Approach," the first reference book on this topic written by an optometrist.

Dr. Rodman is a member of the AOA, AAO, FOA, and ORS. She has been the recipient of numerous teaching awards and was recognized as a Primary Care Optometry News "Top 300" Optometrists and "Newsweek Best Optometrists of 2021."

About Visionix

Visionix is the global manufacturer and exclusive sales, service, and training provider for Optovue OCT, Visionix screening and refraction systems, as well as Briot and Weco lens finishing equipment in North America. We are a pioneer in integrating core refractive, screening, and imaging technologies to address the ever-changing needs of eye care professionals.

Today, we are proud to offer high-speed OCT and OCT-A technology designed to facilitate the diagnosis and management of a range of ocular diseases. Our goal is to improve access to a complete suite of advanced visual health solutions that transform the patient experience.

With over 100 years of innovation, an expanded product line, as well as a new level of support, clinical education, and practice integration, we are well-positioned to help you unlock your potential.

Reactions: Ciara Guglielmi
Thanks to Julie & everyone who attended - it was a good deeper dive into the Solix.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask them here

-- ad

Reactions: Ciara Guglielmi
I currently charge $39 for an optos screening photo on a routine exam. Can i charge another optional additiinal fee for an iwellness and if so how much? $20 or $30

Come on now? This a joke
Not at all Mark. My new Solix has an angio-wellness screening that is absolutely incredible. It takes about 4 minutes to perform. First my technician offers the optos option which is capped at $39 by our vision plan . My tech then offers this additional advanced screening option as:

“A wellness exam is a pre-emptive view of eye health BEFORE symptoms show. It a higher level of care.” $20

This small fee alone totally covers my nut on my new Solix. Still laughing???

Not at all Mark. My new Solix has an angio-wellness screening that is absolutely incredible. It takes about 4 minutes to perform. First my technician offers the optos option which is capped at $39 by our vision plan . My tech then offers this additional advanced screening option as:

“A wellness exam is a pre-emptive view of eye health BEFORE symptoms show. It a higher level of care.” $20

This small fee alone totally covers my nut on my new Solix. Still laughing???
Do you offer them the undercoating, nitrogen inflation and extended warranty as well?

I also don’t think doctors hawking extra medical procedures like carnival barkers to “make their nut” isn’t really a laughing matter either.

I currently charge $39 for an optos screening photo on a routine exam. Can i charge another optional additiinal fee for an iwellness and if so how much? $20 or $30
Personally, I can't stand going somewhere and getting the "a la carte" sales treatment. $$ here, $$ there.... If the doctor thinks it's important to do, do it on everybody and just charge one fee. Save yourself the time and trouble for explaining the what/when/why/how/where. In my small home office I do OCT on virtually every adult patient in addition to a fundus photo. If the fundus looks like the last photo I may skip taking a new photo. But I don't have to waste my time or theirs 'splainin'. I think people appreciate you using recent technology on their behalf. Makes you look good. Be a good doctor not a good doctor-salesman.

Personally, I can't stand going somewhere and getting the "a la carte" sales treatment. $$ here, $$ there.... If the doctor thinks it's important to do, do it on everybody and just charge one fee. Save yourself the time and trouble for explaining the what/when/why/how/where. In my small home office I do OCT on virtually every adult patient in addition to a fundus photo. If the fundus looks like the last photo I may skip taking a new photo. But I don't have to waste my time or theirs 'splainin'. I think people appreciate you using recent technology on their behalf. Makes you look good. Be a good doctor not a good doctor-salesman.
I’ve said that ever since Optos became a thing. Either you think it’s really important in which case you just raise your fees and do it on everyone BECAUSE you believe it’s important not relying on uneducated people to hurt themselves with their ignorance or you DON’T think it’s important and it’s just you hawking unnecessary crap to make an extra nickel or two preying on people too uneducated to know the difference.

Reactions: joel b. goldberg