1. Welcome to ODwire.org, the largest and longest-running social network for eye care professionals, with over 20,000 ECP members!

We offer private peer-to-peer discussions, articles, webinars, podcasts & more!

Our site is free to all Optometrists, OD Students, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists, and practice administrators. Join us!

CEwire2015: Register & Watch the Videos On Demand Today!

Discussion in 'CEwire2015' started by AdminWolf, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AdminWolf

AdminWolf Site Administrator & Tech Lead
    Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    University of Michigan Medical School
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Hi Andrew, registering for CEwire2015 is a flat rate -- $149 (or $99 if you are an ODwire.org Supporting Member). Once you are registered, you can take as many courses as you like; we have 30 COPE-Approved CE credits available.

The only hitch is you need to take the courses before August 17th. That's the date the conference goes off-line. (our plan is to run another one in 2016.)

We've listed all the courses in the discussion thread in this forum, so you can get a sense of what we have to offer. (I still have to put up Dr. Thimon's lectures though!)

thanks
    adam

Editor's note: A reminder that the live show vendor discounts run through 5/31/15. Take advantage of some amazing discounts.

2. Gretchyn Bailey

Gretchyn Bailey ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2001
    School/Org:
    Optometry Times
    City:
    Lansdale
    State:
    PA
    MadMenPeggyHeadDesk.gif

3. Frederick Frost

Frederick Frost ODwire.org Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2007
    School/Org:
    Ohio State University College of Optometry
    City:
    Zanesville
    State:
    OH
    Adam,

Dr. jasper's course is still not available on demand. Do you know when it will be? Thanks.

Fred

4. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Sorry to report Dr Jasper ran into technical problems setting up her lecture. She decided not to present this time around.

I hope we can get there for CEwire2016.

5. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    she actually ran into a technical problem that i fear most when working online -- she recorded the whole lecture, but the sound didn't come out, only the video!

this is one of the downfalls of recording -- since no one is watching it live, no one can tell you if things are going south!

6. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    A special thanks to the CEwire2015 speakers who had to make the extra effort recording.

Not an easy task.

7. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Hard to believe the conference is almost over! Ending Sunday night at midnight.

Hope everyone had a great experience with this one, we'll have more information about our charitable donations & the NEXT conference, coming soon...

For now: Get to watching! :)

8. Lisa Heuer

Lisa Heuer ODwire.org Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2009
    School/Org:
    UC Berkeley
    City:
    Woodland
    State:
    CA
    Adam, I have a question about what happens after Sunday. As the ability to earn CE is ending, will the ability to view the presentations end too? Or will they be archived for future viewing like the webinars?

Lora Durst likes this.
  9. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Great question -- I will have access to a subset of the videos, but I can't promise that we'll have all or even most of them. The big issue is one of copyright -- lots of speakers will only do these CE shows contingent on them being able to 'disappear' after a certain amount of time, since they perform these things all over the country.

Which shows specifically are you after? I can do my best.

thanks
    adam

10. Lisa Heuer

Aug 20, 2009
    School/Org:
    UC Berkeley
    City:
    Woodland
    State:
    CA
    The one that comes to mind is Dr. Friedberg's lecture on OCT. It was excellent. The billing lectures are a great resource too.

Sometimes I play the lectures on my second monitor while doing paperwork at the office. There are several others that I'd still like to watch, such as Dr. Epstein's talk on ocular surface disease, and Dr. Sherman's talk on fundus autofluorescence. (I already had plenty of hours for my next license renewal in December, so I registered mainly because the topics looked good, and I like to learn. Yes, I am a big nerd!)

Kandi S. Moller and Steve Silberberg like this.
  11. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    I will do my best to get those for you & post them in a CEwire2015 part of the site; i'll also post clips as a 'teaser' to hopefully inspire people to register for the next show. Yes, there will be a next show... Stay tuned :)

Lora Durst and Lisa Heuer like this.
  12. Lisa Heuer

Aug 20, 2009
    School/Org:
    UC Berkeley
    City:
    Woodland
    State:
    CA
    Thank you, Adam! No worries if it's a lot of work for you.

13. Larry Bickford O.D.

Larry Bickford O.D. ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    School/Org:
    PA College of Optometry
    City:
    Santa Barbara
    State:
    CA
    Ditto on Lisa's request. I'm not going to get to view/hear all the presentations which I would like, not to mention I would want to go back and recover some of the information later. I've got some of the CE credits, but there's still learning to be done!

Oftentimes at in-person CEs the presenter releases the Powerpoint/Keynote slides,which sometime contains the important points. That would be good. If they have issues about "copyright": tell them that you still control access to the presentation and will keep tabs on usage. Besides, anyone could record the thing or, as I did, take screen shots to review later.

I don't get their concern about doing the same presentation at other venues going forward. So what else is new? And how many times do we have to hear/pay for the same thing?

I hope that a good number of the presenters agree to allow access. Perhaps you can suggest a "really final end date" like the end of the year. If the goal is learning, well......let us learn!

Kandi S. Moller and Lora Durst like this.
  14. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    On the other hand...

Speakers go through great effort to prepare an interesting and informative presentation. We are fortunate that these world class speakers allowed us to keep their presentations active for a three month period. Certainly enough time for listen, take notes and absorb every presentation.

if speakers have their presentations available indefinitely, I fear we shall have a hard time attracting speakers for CEwire2016, both those who presented as well as new speakers.

15. sevda topalova

sevda topalova ODwire.org Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    School/Org:
    University of Montreal School of Optometry
    City:
    Bellevue
    State:
    WA
    I too am interested in Dr. Epstein's and Dr. Resnick's Lectures (- Ocular surface disease and the Bleph/Demodex lectures) .Thanks

16. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Today is your last opportunity to review favorite material and take notes, as if you attended a live presentation.

Adam's good will and efforts may not allow time when "Bits on Wire", the contracted provider turn off the lights on 8/17/15.

17. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    We're coming down to the wire!

I'll do my best to reach out to the speakers and see if they could part with any supplemental materials.

It was a really fun event to throw together, the next one should be even bigger and better!

thanks
    ad

18. Frederick Frost

Frederick Frost ODwire.org Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2007
    School/Org:
    Ohio State University College of Optometry
    City:
    Zanesville
    State:
    OH
    Done!

19. #39 Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    Victor Ho

Victor Ho Member

Sep 18, 2007
    School/Org:
    UC Berkeley School of Optometry
    City:
    Stockton
    State:
    CA
    I'm a little confused. At the top of this thread, it states we have until August 17th, but a pop-up window came up today that stated it ended August 16th.

I was planning on finishing the entire video series on August 17th, but now it has been removed as of 11:00PM PST. Is anyone else confused on the final date as well? Now it appears I won't be able to view the final 7-8 courses I still wanted to view.

I'm somewhat disappointed on the mix up for the deadline date and lost opportunity.

20. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    The confusion is regrettable.

Contact has been made with "Bits on Wire" who runs the show to extend operations for an additional 24 hours.

I hope they honor our request.

Stay tuned...