CEwire2016: Register & Watch Now Through May 1, 2016!

Discussion in 'CEwire2016' started by ODwire.org NewsBot, Nov 23, 2015.

1. #1 Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    ODwire.org NewsBot

Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    School/Org:
    Newsbot U
    City:
    Barre
    State:
    VT
    cewire-1000-on-demand-2.png
    REGISTER HERE

About the Event

CEwire2016 is the next virtual CE conference by ODwire.org, the largest online community for ECPs.

With 50 COPE-Approved CE hours online from leading speakers on a variety of clinical and practice management topics, for a groundbreaking price of $179, this is one event you won't want to miss!

Watch On-Demand: On your own schedule

Come watch the courses, contact the speakers to ask questions (or talk about the lecture here on ODwire.org), visit our extensive exhibit hall (with vendor discounts!) and watch our interactive CEwire2016 Livestream interviews throughout the show.

You can watch these recorded sessions at your own pace, any time between now and May 1st, 2016. View as many times as you like, pause, rewind -- even watch them on your phone!

REGISTER HERE

Speakers & Topics

We've put together an A-list group of speakers, giving talks on a wide variety of clinical and practice management subjects. With 50 COPE-Approved CE credit hours, you'll always find something interesting to watch.

Exhibit Hall

CEwire also features a virtual exhibit hall, where leading vendors are demoing their products and are on hand to answer questions.

*** Many vendors are offering exclusive show discounts! ***

Testimonials!

Don't take our word for it -- Over 2,300 ODs have already participated in CEwire2016!

Read some of their experiences and impressions.

Our Philosophy

We believe that CE is useful to keep a doc's skills current, and to protect the public.

We believe CE should be affordable and not an undue financial burden on clinicians.

We believe that the quality of CE is primarily determined by the caliber of the presenters giving the talk, thus we spare no expense to get the best speakers we can. We feel that if our speaker's budget isn't the single largest line-item in the expense column, we're doing something wrong.

We believe that profits from events like this one (when they exist!) should be shared.

Surplus profits from this event are once again being distributed to eye care charities whose goals are either to help folks with vision disorders, or to advance the science and practice of eye care:
    Upon registration, you may choose which organization you'd like profits from your registration fee to go towards.

We want everyone who registers for the event to feel good about attending, and to know that their dollars are being recycled back into the field that they've dedicated their professional lives to.

Registration

Individual Registration: $179
    Entire Office (convers two or more registrations!): $249
    Students may register for FREE

REGISTER HERE

Learn More

Have any questions about the event? Contact us or talk about the event with your peers at ODwire.org.

2. Paul Farkas

Paul Farkas Administrator

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    Columbia University / PCO
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Remember supporting members you can save $30 by using a special code found by going to...
    https://www.odwire.org/threads/cewire2016-here-supporting-members-get-30-off.92822/

Not a supporting member? To register go to...
    https://www.odwire.org/account/upgrades

3. Kyle Douglas Wilson

Oct 22, 2013
    School/Org:
    OSU
    City:
    Farmington
    State:
    CT
    I live in a state where only 4 credits are allowed to be "online" CE. Is there only one flat price? Or is there a pay per credit option?

4. AdminWolf

AdminWolf Site Administrator & Tech Lead
    Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    University of Michigan Medical School
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Hi Kyle, nope it is a flat rate. We priced it so that even folks who are in low-credit states won't be paying all that much (and we hope that even if you take a few of the courses for CE credit that you'll stick around for at least some of the other courses -- they are going to be great.)

If we priced it by individual credit, it would have to be more expensive. Closer to the $15-20 dollars per credit hour that other CE conferences normally charge. So the savings just wouldn't be there, unless you only took a few classes.

The way SECO handles this at their conference is instructive -- if you pay for 'the whole enchilada' it is like $700, but if you want to go per-credit, you still have to pay a $200 entry fee PLUS a stiff fee for each class you take.)

If you are planning to buy any equipment from one of our vendors, the conference will pay for itself, as many of the vendors will be discounting their stuff at the show.

thanks
    adam

Steve Silberberg likes this.
  5. Stan Peacock O.D.

Jul 1, 2009
    School/Org:
    SCO
    City:
    Tallahassee
    State:
    FL
    I live in a state that recognizes ZERO online CE. I did CEWire2015, and already signed up for CEWire2016. Why?

#1 Great courses.

#2 Can take the courses over a period of almost 4 months.

#3 Cope approved, so I can use the hours toward board certification.

#4 Even if I don't attend all courses, I get to pick the ones I want to and it's still an unbelievable low price.

#5. If a profit is made I get to pick the American Optometric Foundation for my part of the donation. You also have the option to choose VOSH International.

#6 Did I say great courses and education in clinical as well as practice management, all at an unbelievable low price?

Steve Silberberg likes this.
  6. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    Thank you Stan for that unsolicited boost. We had you and other Florida ODs in mind when we designed the courses and speakers.

The Florida Optometry Board for reasons unknown, do not accept any COPE approved on line credit. We'll match our courses and the ability to absorb the material with a 10 question quiz per hour guarantee against any course given at an on site OD or OMD convention.

The CEwire2016 set up costs are great. We want to keep the cost per credit hour low so every OD, no matter what their financial situation may participate. That means we must have to have participants who enjoy and benefit from the courses even if they can't use the C/E credits.

We hope ODs agree with our approach and will offer their support by signing up.

7. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    I'm embarrassed to admit, but I never even thought of that (D'oh!) What other programs are COPE credits useful for?

8. Charles A McBride

Charles A McBride ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    School/Org:
    PUCO
    City:
    Beaverton
    State:
    OR
    I made an event out of CEWire 2015 even though I was either at home or at the office. Worked out great. Excited about 2016.

AdminWolf and Steve Silberberg like this.
  9. Kandi S. Moller

Kandi S. Moller Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    School/Org:
    Pacific University
    City:
    Eugene
    State:
    OR
    CE in pajamas, slippers, and with a mug of hot chocolate. What could be better?

10. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    I think Paul and I are the only ones who dress up for this event. And even I can't convince him to wear a tie! :)

11. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR

The I can do to look presentable is lose some weight for our 14 hours of live production.:cool:

12. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    So we're not shooting this one in HD I take it?

13. Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR

Please as low definition as possible.

14. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    For our kiwi friends, the New Zealand board is reviewing our event for suitability, i'm hopefully that they will allow credits from the conference to be used towards your relicensure!

I know you are a smaller market, with only 600 or 700 ODs, but I don't want anyone to be excluded if we can help it! We had many people take the courses last time just for the sheer educational value, but if you are spending the time, I really want to see the credits count.

Stay tuned...

15. Mark Horwitz

Mark Horwitz Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2006
    School/Org:
    SUNY College of Optometry
    City:
    Passaic
    State:
    NJ
    is this considered live ce or correspondence ce? if I use the recordings can the ce still be considered actual ce courses or only correspondence?

16. AdminWolf

Staff Member

Feb 24, 2001
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    In NJ? Our courses are good for 20 hours, as far as I know. @Steve Silberberg can give you the final word about your state :)

thanks
    ad

17. Steve Silberberg

Steve Silberberg ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    School/Org:
    SUNY Stonybrook/SUNY/MIT
    City:
    Matawan
    State:
    NJ
    here is the complete NJ story:
    20 of the 50 credits can be from online/journals etc, but of the 30 tpa credits needed, only 10 of those can be online.
    Worded differently, 10 of your 20 regular credits can be online, and maximum 10 of 30 tpa credits can be online.

Or, from the source...http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/regulations/Chapter-38-New-Jersey-State-Board-of-Optometrists.pdf

e) The Board shall grant a maximum of 20 of the mandatory 50 continuing professional

optometric education credits, including a maximum of 10 of the mandatory 30 TPA credits

required, from any or all of the following:

1) Videotape, audiotape, computer media, Internet, journal, or correspondence courses or

programs. The course or program shall include an examination at the end of the course

or program. Credit for correspondence and other individual study courses or programs

will be given only in the renewal period in which the course is completed with a

successful final examination. TPA credits may be obtained from participating in any of

these courses that are primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of

ocular disease, ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic disease;

2) Structured grand rounds, which is a presentation, with a formal outline of course or

program material, of clinical cases involving actual patient encounters and the lecture

and discussion of the diagnosis and treatment of the particular patient condition. Nonstructured

grand rounds that consist of observation of individual patient care shall not be

accepted for credit. TPA credits may be obtained from participating in structured grand

rounds that are primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of ocular

disease, ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic disease;

3) Hands-on demonstrations of instrumentation when accompanied by didactic lectures.

TPA credits may be obtained from participating in hands-on demonstrations of

instrumentation that are primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management

of ocular disease, ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic disease;

4) Interactive workshops which include demonstrations and applications of hands-on

techniques and skills in optometric procedures and instrumentations accompanied by

didactic lectures. TPA credits may be obtained from participating in interactive

workshops that are primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of

ocular disease, ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic disease;

5) Preparation and presentation of a continuing professional optometric education lecture.

TPA credits may be obtained from preparing and presenting continuing professional

optometric education lectures that are primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and

management of ocular disease, ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic

disease;

6) Preparation of an educational or scientific article authored and published in a

professional refereed journal. TPA credits may be obtained from preparing an

educational or scientific article authored and published in a professional refereed journal

that is primarily devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of ocular disease,

ocular pathology or the ocular manifestation of systemic disease;

7) Preparation and presentation of a continuing professional optometric education lecture

course or program: two credits for each hour of a new presentation up to a maximum of

twelve credits. For purposes of this paragraph, "new" represents a course or program

that the licensee has not taught previously in any educational setting. One credit for each

hour of a presentation shall be given for subsequent sessions involving substantially

identical subject matter up to a maximum of 12 credits, provided the original material has

been updated and subject to the credit limits of N.J.A.C. 13:38-7.4(d); and

8) A residency or a fellowship, as defined in N.J.A.C. 13:38-7.4(b)3: 25 credits, of which

12.5 shall be TPA credits, upon completing each residency or fellowship.

18. Mark Horwitz

Mark Horwitz Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2006
    School/Org:
    SUNY College of Optometry
    City:
    Passaic
    State:
    NJ
    but if this is a live webinar why is it considered correspondence?

19. #19 Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    Paul Farkas

Dec 28, 2000
    School/Org:
    City:
    Lake Oswego
    State:
    OR
    A New Year greeting for one of CEwire2016 charities.

for those unfamiliar with VOSH...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YOU can change lives by taking
    advantage of the last chance for charitable giving this year. Give the Gift of Sight!

[​IMG]
    The young girl who for the first time sees that trees have individual leaves.
    The mother who for the first time sees her child's face.
    The father who can now provide for his family thanks to a pair of glasses.
    The boy who now sees the blackboard and has a real chance at life.

By donating to VOSH/International, you not only give the gift of sight to individuals, you help break a link to poverty. More than 600 million on the planet have impaired vision or functional blindness. Your donation gives hope and opportunity for education, work and a quality of life.

Join us in helping establish sustainable new clinics and optometry schools in under-served areas of the world with our partner Optometry Giving Sight while our many missions, clinics and equipment assistance programs continue to provide immediate vision care.

VOSH/International thanks you for your past support bringing the smiles and hopes to so many as wonderfully shown by the video below. And we hope these smiles inspire you to join and continue to give the gift of sight by donating this year to VOSH/International.

BEST WISHES FOR 2016 FROM VOSH/INTERNATIONAL!

VOSH/International™ is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization on a mission to bring vision to every person on the planet! Tax ID #31-1093763
    [​IMG]
    www.vosh.org
    [​IMG]

20. Michael Hooven

May 24, 2008
    School/Org:
    The Ohio State University College of Optometry
    City:
    Lancaster
    State:
    NY
    I'm trying to arrange my work schedule around the lectures. I need live courses, and only in ocular disease and pharmacology. Is there a schedule of what lectures are offered when?