CEwire2019 Open for Early Bird Registration!

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
cewire2019-logo-400.png

https://www.cewire2019.com

56 COPE-Approved CE credits
ONLINE LIVE: January 26 & 27th, 2019
ON DEMAND: Through July 1, 2019

EXHIBIT HALL with exclusive discounts

Early Bird Registration: $149 (a $40 savings!) - Expires Jan 1, 2019.

REGISTER HERE | Current Course List | Speakers | Vendors

---

I just wanted to let everyone know that CEwire2019 is now open for early registration.

We're up to 56 COPE-Approved CE credits, and there's a possibility that there will be more before the day of the conference.

Already CEwire2019 holds the record for the most number of credit hours we've ever had at one of our events.

We've also put together the most diverse topics and crew of speakers yet -- with plenty of well-known (and up-and-coming) ODs, as well as OMDs, a cardiologist, and even a neurologist!

I look forward to seeing everyone there, if you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread

-- adam

A reminder...

For ODwire.org Supporting Members and ODs who have taken CEwire courses in the past:

Please use the promotional code that was e-mailed to you earlier this week when you register for an additional "thank you" loyalty discount. We couldn't have put together this program without your support!

(Supporting Members can retrieve their promo code here.)

If you didn't receive an e-mail from us, or can't get your code to work, please contact us. We're here to help!

Time flies when you are both very busy and having fun!

December is such a time. Your practice is booked with end of the year patients wanting to use benefits combined with kids home from school who must be see,

Combine that practice pressure with holiday parties and time gets away from you.

For these reasons, if you plan on participating in CEwire2019 sign up today while it is on your mind.

January 1, 2019 will see the $149 early registration automatically increase to $189. Even $189 for 56 credit hours is the lowest cost for any COPE approved optometric meeting.

Save $40 and sign up today.

To refresh your memory about all the courses and features go to www.CEwire2019.com

Reminder the Early bird ends 1/1/19. Save $40 by registering today. Visit CEwire2019.com for the full story.

Join the thousands of your colleagues who get state board C/E credits from the comfort of home or office.

Just to let everyone know, i've extended the early bird period through Friday, since I got a message yesterday that one of the promotion codes wasn't working properly when a user tried it. All fixed!

thanks
ad

... and just taking a look at the numbers, CEwire2019's Early Bird OD registrants have now exceeded the total number of ODs that attended the AOA's annual meeting in Denver (as best I can tell.)

Our "reach" goal each year is for the conference to be as large as Expo.... we'll keep pounding the pavement to try to make it happen.

It is challenging though -- Jobson has banished all mentions of our conference in all of their publications. We can't even pay for advertising in any of their pubs! This is one of those examples where media consolidation is a challenge. Word-of-mouth is our primary mechanism for getting the word out.

- ad

Reactions: Gretchyn Bailey
Jobson has banished all mentions of our conference in all of their publications. We can't even pay for advertising in any of their pubs! This is one of those examples where media consolidation is a challenge.

On the other hand Optometry Times and Pentavision have been most cooperative. Kudos to them placing the needs of their readership rather than fear of losing attendees for C/E programs.

On the other hand Optometry Times and Pentavision have been most cooperative. Kudos to them placing the needs of their readership rather than fear of losing attendees for C/E programs.
The issue is in my mind goes a little deeper than just our conference. I've met with execs at other orgs who also were prevented from advertising due to competitive fears. IE, they've also been made de facto invisible in Jobson's publications.

Certainly it is their right to do so, but when you're positioning yourself as the "publisher of record" for an industry, it seems a little unusual to me that you'd create an environment that doesn't reflect the totality of what is happening in the field.

Obviously i'm unhappy with it in this case for biased and selfish reasons! But beyond our conference, I think it is important that the clinicians who make up journal readership also understand "how the sausage is made".

Thanks for the kind words.

Frankly, I'm surprised Pentavision is cool with it due to CEwire happening just about on top of their GSLS conference. However, that says nice things about Pentavision putting ODs first, especially when the company has its own meetings and conferences group.

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
Thanks for the kind words.

Frankly, I'm surprised Pentavision is cool with it due to CEwire happening just about on top of their GSLS conference. However, that says nice things about Pentavision putting ODs first, especially when the company has its own meetings and conferences group.

I think the two meetings are vastly different in scale and scope, which is why they don't mind the overlap -- if you're dead serious about specialty lenses, you'll probably make it to GSLS at least once [and hey, it is vegas!] :)

We have a number of speakers at CEwire who are actually participating in both conferences -- one of the benefits of being online, i guess