CEwire2021: Last Chance to Get 64 COPE Credits!

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Last edited:
Exhibit Hall Information

As the conference approaches, we'll be updating this post with information about the sponsors and latest offers for conference attendees. You can always check out the latest list of sponsors here.

BTW I'm aware some of the speaker bios and exhibitors aren't up yet on the CEwire2021 site. I just got power back 5 days after an ice storm hit here in Portland, so wanted to get the registration site up and running ASAP. We will be adding more information to it in the days and weeks to come.

Looking forward to a fun show! If you have any questions, feel free to add them to this thread

-- Adam

BTW I'm aware some of the speaker bios and exhibitors aren't up yet on the CEwire2021 site. I just got power back 5 days after an ice storm hit here in Portland, so wanted to get the registration site up and running ASAP. We will be adding more information to it in the days and weeks to come.

Looking forward to a fun show! If you have any questions, feel free to add them to this thread

-- Adam
Are you an Illinois Licensed CE provider?

Are you an Illinois Licensed CE provider?

CEwire2021 has been designed to meet the requirements of the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry
(ARBO) through June 30,2021. No applications have been made to individual state boards.

You should check with the Illinois Optometry State Board if ARBO regulations meet their requirements.

CEwire2021 has been designed to meet the requirements of the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry
(ARBO) through June 30,2021. No applications have been made to individual state boards.

You should check with the Illinois Optometry State Board if ARBO regulations meet their requirements.
I'm working through the process with Illinois right now, they should have no reason to reject us.

Yes Paul: Illinois requires a specific certification. CEwire checks all the boxes I and Adam believe. It's a matter of filling out their form which should mean certification is forthcoming once Adam gets the particulars in shortly.

Yes Paul: Illinois requires a specific certification. CEwire checks all the boxes I and Adam believe. It's a matter of filling out their form which should mean certification is forthcoming once Adam gets the particulars in shortly.

Sad that some optometry state boards cannot accept ARBO as the standard.

I'm working through the process with Illinois right now, they should have no reason to reject us.
Just an update --

I finished the Illinois application and FedEx will be delivering it to them (along with $500) tomorrow. I'm not sure how long it will take to process, or if they will reject us (I cannot imagine why they would - we've provided more COPE-approved CE than just about anyone over the past 5 years.)

I have to admit I'm totally befuddled as to why states like IL and FL are making CE providers take this extra step of registering with them individually.

My understanding was that ARBO -- which is made up of boards from all 50 states -- was supposed to define a common denominator for optometric CE. And that member states could rely on it as a seal of quality, or at least as a minimum floor of acceptability.

We are already a COPE administrator, and all education we provide is COPE-approved. Why is that not enough? It can't really be about the money, because the $500 registration fee isn't that great -- someone has to go through the hassle of reading the applications and processing them, so this doesn't seem like a real profit-center for the state.

From our perspective as an administrator, the application process was only a little time-consuming (it took me about 3 hours to draft a narrative about us and CEwire, fill out the forms, and then -- because this is all paper-based -- find a notary public (!) willing to sign off on the application (not something I was thrilled about doing during a pandemic.)

To do this for an individual state it is no big deal, but if each state or province forced us to do this.... it would be a challenge.

And imagine paying $500 X 50 + all the provinces in Canada as a start.

And imagine paying $500 X 50 + all the provinces in Canada as a start.
The costs really would escalate.

As it stands, because of the size of CEwire, just getting the lectures COPE-approved is going to cost us well north of $10k. (that's just for the approval process -- not paying the speakers, producing the talks, etc...)

Adam, Steve,
The best audience experience I know of.
Richard
Thanks Richard!

The 2021 show should be amusing -- I'm really looking forward to your talk. (As should anyone who is at a crossroads in their life!)

We're making this year's event into a rather intense experience -- 4 live events spaced out one a month, Mid-March thru June. Because like Cinderalla's coach turning back into a pumpkin, it is highly probable that ARBO's pandemic rules are going to revert to the "before times" on July 1 (with required testing, etc, etc...)

So... hope everyone hops on board what should be a fun 100-day long sprint to get your credits in.

In the meantime, i'll circle back and let everyone know about Illinois when I get more info.

ad

Thanks for all your efforts. It makes no sense to me except maybe trying to make money for the colleges. Wonder if it will be retroactive to CE last year?

Thanks Richard!

The 2021 show should be amusing -- I'm really looking forward to your talk. (As should anyone who is at a crossroads in their life!)

We're making this year's event into a rather intense experience -- 4 live events spaced out one a month, Mid-March thru June. Because like Cinderalla's coach turning back into a pumpkin, it is highly probable that ARBO's pandemic rules are going to revert to the "before times" on July 1 (with required testing, etc, etc...)

So... hope everyone hops on board what should be a fun 100-day long sprint to get your credits in.

In the meantime, i'll circle back and let everyone know about Illinois when I get more info.

ad
Sources here in Illinois say that you must be an Illinois-approved CE provider - COPE-live is not enough and that CE taken online before the Nov 2020 doesn't count either. So I just coughed up $575 for the On Demand CE package from the Illinois Optometric Association. It isn't even live. But it is "approved". I really did enjoy the sessions I took last April when I was locked in at home but it looks like only 4 of the 13 hours I attended will count. Ooops - missed the part about you applying to IL for approval. Please keep me updated. I put the $575 charge on AmEx and can always dispute it.

Last edited:
Sources here in Illinois say that you must be an Illinois-approved CE provider - COPE-live is not enough and that CE taken online before the Nov 2020 doesn't count either. So I just coughed up $575 for the On Demand CE package from the Illinois Optometric Association. It isn't even live. But it is "approved". I really did enjoy the sessions I took last April when I was locked in at home. Ooops - missed the part about you applying to IL for approval. Please keep me updated. I put the $575 charge on AmEx and can always dispute it.
$575, mama mia. Anyway, our application to become an "approved" provider is reaching Springfield today. They only do it by paper, which has made the process take longer...

So I just coughed up $575 for the On Demand CE package from the Illinois Optometric Association. It isn't even live. But it is "approved".
I'm curious...

Did the on demand CE package require a 10 question quiz for comprehension as ARBO requires? How many credit hour for that $525 cost?

Full disclosure and sunlight are the best disinfectant to pressure Optometry State Boards to protect public interest which is their mandate, while creating an even playing field for Illinois ODs compared to neighboring states.

The Neighboring states are...Illinois is bordered by Wisconsin in the north; Lake Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky in the east; Kentucky and Missouri in the south; and Missouri and Iowa in the west.

Last edited:
This graphic has Louisiana as the most corrupt. Being from there should've known.

960x0.jpg

Odd. SECO is having their free live online event that same Saturday in March. Don't you guys talk to each other.?

I'm curious...

Did the on demand CE package require a 10 question quiz for comprehension as ARBO requires? How many credit hour for that $525 cost?

Full disclosure and sunlight are the best disinfectant to pressure Optometry State Boards to protect public interest which is their mandate, while creating an even playing field for Illinois ODs compared to neighboring states.

The Neighboring states are...Illinois is bordered by Wisconsin in the north; Lake Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky in the east; Kentucky and Missouri in the south; and Missouri and Iowa in the west.
It's $575 for non-IOA/AOA members ($200 less for members) for as many courses as you want. They offer about 50 hours of coursework.

They are taken "on-demand" so you take them whenever you want. The format is NOT live and there is no test to take. I was told by the IOA phone rep, CJ, that once you have completed viewing the course, you submit an course evaluation and get your certificate.

Once the course is viewed, you can access it again and can fast-forward or back to view info as needed. Illinois typically requires 12 of the 30 required hours to be TQ quality - tested - but has waived that requirement for this renewal period.

We are required to take 3 hrs on opioids and 1 on sexual harassment. For me the plus is that they are an APPROVED provider and there is a variety of topics. The big downside is the cost. It's a lot for the convenience of "taking" the course at my leisure. ICO just offered a 6 hour LIVE presentation with no test. I took it for the hours only - the topics did not interest me.

Cost was $120. And I'm sure they will have lots more because they also are APPROVED. Sounds like monopoly to me. I'd rather give my $$ to ODWire as I do as a supporting member.

They are taken "on-demand" so you take them whenever you want. The format is NOT live and there is no test to take. I was told by the IOA phone rep, CJ, that once you have completed viewing the course, you submit an course evaluation and get your certificate.
Interesting.

the Illinois State Board has created their own rules. ARBO is very specific even during this COVID-19 emergency. CEwire2021 offers all 64 hours "On Demand" in addition to the live presentation through 6/30/21.

For On Demand each course requires a 10 question multiple choice, passing with a grade of 70% for C/E credit.

I suggest you get in writing what you were told by phone by CJ at the IOA. It should clearly state that the Illinois Optometry State Board accepts On Demand education for license renewal without a quiz.

Last edited:
As one looks at Illinois rules, one sees just how far behind optometry is compared to the rest of health care. This is harmful to patients, populations, communities, ODs, optometry as a profession, etc.

Physician learning theory and effectiveness in continuing medical education are fascinating areas. We know that placing rears in seats to listen to a topic chosen by someone else is rarely effective in improving public health. We know that physicians are very poor at judging their own strengths and weaknesses. There’s more and it’s not new.

Optometry lags behind. Fifty minutes of seat time equals one hour of... seat time, address no gap or discrepancy in knowledge, performance, or health care, avoid/fight standards for commercial support, ignore learning theory completely, count/don’t count practice mx hours, play politics over sponsors and such, utilize different terms than the rest of health care, ignore the needs of busy learners and the value of technology... yikes. It’s not just Illinois. Yikes.

b) Approved CE

1) All CE hours must be earned by verified attendance at or participation in a program that is offered by an approved CE sponsor who meets the requirements set forth in subsection (c).

2) As part of the 30 hours of required CE, each licensee shall complete during each pre-renewal period at least 12 hours of credit that is certified by an approved optometry college in accordance with Section 1320.20, osteopathic or medical college or university pursuant to the Medical Practice Act of 1987 [225 ILCS 60], or a pharmacy college pursuant to the Pharmacy Practice Act [225 ILCS 85].

A) Each certified course shall include at least 2 hours of actual course presentation and shall include the successful completion of a post-course evaluation of the attendee's understanding of the course material. No additional credit may be given for the required post- course evaluation.

i) The post-course evaluation may be taken on-site immediately following the course presentation. An examination distributed on-site shall not be removed from the site.

ii) The post-course evaluation may be a correspondence evaluation mailed to the attendee and returned to the provider. The sponsor shall not distribute a post-course evaluation at the site.

iii) The post-course evaluation must consist of a minimum of 5 questions per course hour.

iv) At the sponsor's discretion, the attendee may be allowed one retake of a failed post-course evaluation in order to receive credit for certified CE.

B) Licensees who attend a certified education course without completion or passage of a post-course evaluation may apply the actual course hours toward fulfillment of the non-certified CE requirements set forth in subsection (a)(1).

C) Any approved CE sponsor may offer, in conjunction with the above-referenced college or university, a certified course. However, certified CE shall not be provided, sponsored, co-sponsored or in any way supported or financially underwritten by a CE sponsor or others who may receive patient referrals from optometrists licensed under the Act. Approved optometry programs in subsection (b)(2) are not deemed in violation of this Section. Faculty of an adjunct institution to an approved optometry program may present certified CE on the primary campus of the approved optometry program under this exception. Nothing in this Section shall prohibit the listing of courses in a professional journal or newsletter or prevent an approved school, college or university from certifying a course.

D) Transcript quality CE courses shall be deemed equivalent to the certified courses if they meet the requirements set forth in subsection (b)(2)(A).

E) CE sponsors shall state in their course materials the type of post-course evaluation which will be given and whether the applicant will be allowed to retake the evaluation.

F) Certified CE courses shall be courses in which the attendees are in actual attendance in the same room as the presenter. No online, self-instruction or correspondence courses shall be considered certified CE courses.

3) Eighteen hours of CE credit may be earned as follows (not accepted for certified CE):

A) A maximum of 12 hours per pre-renewal period for verified teaching of students at an optometry school approved by the Division. One hour of teaching at an optometry school approved by the Division is equal to one hour of CE.

B) A maximum of 4 hours per pre-renewal period for verified self-instruction or self-instruction by electronic meansthat is sponsored or co-sponsored by any approved optometry college, institution or national or State optometry association.

C) A maximum of 4 hours per pre-renewal period for courses in practice management that includes business management.

D) A maximum of 1 hour of CE in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certified by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, an Illinois licensed hospital, an approved medical or optometric institution, or a licensed CE sponsor may be earned per pre-renewal period. Credit shall only be given for CPR courses in which the attendees are in actual attendance in the same room as the presenters. No credit shall be given for online, self-instruction, or correspondence courses.

4) CE credit hours used to satisfy the CE requirements of another state may be submitted for approval for fulfillment of the CE requirements of the State of Illinois.

5) Credit shall not be given for courses taken in Illinois from unapproved sponsors except for a CPR course in accordance with subsection (b)(3)(D).

6) The licensee shall maintain proof of completion of the CE requirements, in the form of CE certificates, for 3 license renewal cycles (6 years) from the end of the licensing period in which the CE course was taken.

c) CE Sponsors and Programs

1) Sponsor, as used in this Section, shall mean a person, firm, association, corporation, or any other group that has been approved and authorized by the Division upon the recommendation of the Optometric Licensing and Disciplinary Board to coordinate and present CE courses or programs.

2) A sponsor shall submit a sponsor application, along with the required fee set forth in Section 1320.400(a)(4), that includes:

A) Certification

i) That all courses and programs offered by the sponsor for CE credit will comply with the criteria in this Section;

ii) That the sponsor will be responsible for verifying attendance at each course or program or session thereof utilizing signature sheets or other means of attendance verification and for providing a certificate of completion as set forth in subsection (b);

iii) That, upon request by the Division, the sponsor will submit such evidence as is necessary to establish compliance with this Section;

iv) That each sponsor shall submit to the Division a written notice of a course offering 30 days prior to the course date. The notice shall include the description, location, date and time of the course to be offered;

B) A history and the experience of the sponsor as an educational provider;

C) A copy of a sample program with faculty, course materials and syllabi;

D) The name and address of the contact person responsible for all recordkeeping; and

E) A list of all principals of the organization applying for a sponsor license.

3) Each sponsor shall submit by March 31 of each even-numbered year a sponsor application along with the required fee set forth in Section 1320.400(b)(2). With the application, the sponsor shall be required to submit to the Division a list of all courses and programs offered in the pre-renewal period, which includes a description, location, date and time the course was offered.

4) All courses and programs shall:

A) Contribute to the advancement, extension and enhancement of professional clinical skills and scientific knowledge in the practice of optometry;

B) Provide experiences that contain scientific integrity, relevant subject matter and course materials; and

C) Be developed and presented by persons with education and/or experience in subject matter of the program.

5) The tuition fees charged for programs conducted by approved sponsors shall be reasonable and directly related to the sponsor's actual expense in conducting the programs.

6) All programs given by approved sponsors shall be open to all licensed optometrists and not be limited to the members of a single organization or group and shall specify the number of CE hours and categories that may be applied toward Illinois CE requirements for licensure renewal.

7) Certificate of Attendance

A) It shall be the responsibility of the sponsor to provide each participant in a program with a certificate of attendance signed by the sponsor. The sponsor's certificate of attendance shall contain:

i) The name, sponsor number and address of the sponsor;

ii) The participant's name and optometry license number;

iii) A detailed statement of the subject matter;

iv) The number of hours actually attended in each topic;

v) The date of the program;

vi) Whether the course qualifies for certified continuing education.

B) A separate certification of passage or failure of the post-course evaluation shall be issued by the approved certifying institution when the course is for certified CE credit.

C) The sponsor shall maintain these records for 3 license renewal cycles (6 years) from the end of the licensing period in which the CE course was presented. These records shall include all test materials utilized for certified courses.

8) The sponsor shall be responsible for assuring verified continued attendance at each program. No renewal applicant shall receive CE credit for time not actually spent attending the program.

9) Upon the failure of a sponsor to comply with any of the foregoing requirements, the Division, after notice to the sponsor and hearing before and recommendation by the Board in accordance with 68 Ill. Adm. Code 1110 (Rules of Practice in Administrative Hearings), shall thereafter refuse to accept for CE credit attendance at or participation in any of that sponsor's CE programs until such time as the Division receives reasonably satisfactory assurances of compliance with this Section.

d) CE Earned in Other States

1) A licensee who requests credit toward CE compliance in Illinois for CE hours earned in another jurisdiction shall submit an out-of-state CE approval form along with a $25 processing fee within 90 days prior to or after the course. The Board shall review and recommend approval or disapproval of this program using the criteria set forth in this Section.

2) If a licensee fails to submit an out-of-state CE approval form within the required 90 days, late approval may be obtained by submitting the application along with the $25 processing fee plus a $50 per hour late fee not to exceed $300. The Board shall review and recommend approval or disapproval of this program using the criteria set forth in this Section.

3) The Board has determined that the Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (C.O.P.E.) approved courses are acceptable for out-of-state CE. If a licensee attends an out-of-state C.O.P.E. approved course, the licensee will not be required to submit the out-of-state CE approval form and the $25 processing fee.

Now, compare that with this blurb, a minimal summary, taken from AAOphthalmol. minutes ago. It’s not new. ARBO had Dr. Moore speak to its House of Delegates on this very topic several years ago.

• Needs Assessment
  • The foundation of a CME activity is 'evidence-based education'. Conducting a Needs Assessment will lead your organization to collect evidence, analyze the data, and decide upon a course of action.

While conducting a Needs Assessment is recommended, it is important to note that the ACCME does not require a formal needs assessment. You are required to "incorporate into CME activities the educational needs that underlie the professional practice gaps" [C2] (which the Academy ensures by reviewing your Gap Analysis), "use a planning process that links identified educational needs with desired results" (which the Academy ensures by reviewing your Instructional System Design [ISD]), and "use needs assessment data"[E2.2] (which is nothing more than the identification of gaps, barriers, and resources). A formal Needs Assessment is only required when applying for educational grants.

Many CME planners have used surveys, "expert" opinion, and literature reviews as a primary method of gathering needs-assessment data. The needs-assessment data that have been collected in this way will be minimally useful in helping CME planners identify and address the learning needs of physicians. - Dr. Donald E. Moore

The tools, examples, and resources below are designed to avoid the shortcomings described by Dr. Moore. By conducting a proper Needs Assessment, you will address or support 9 of the 22 ACCME Updated Criteria and 3 of 7 Essential Elements.
    • Assessment: A comparative evaluation of, gaps, needs, barriers and resources.
    • Gaps / Practice gap: The difference between a current state and desired state. Gaps are typically expressed in terms of normative data.
    • Gap analysis (GA): The methods used to collect a Gap and an interpretation of the information.
    • Needs: 1) contributing factors to the formation of a Gap. 2) The knowledge or skills that must be remedied to help close a practice gap.
    • Needs Assessment (NA): 1) The process of identifying and measuring areas for improvement in a target audience, and determining the methods to achieve improvement. 2) A narrative document detailing the linkages between gaps, barriers, and resources.
    • Target Audience: The intended recipients of an educational activity.
    • Wants: Possible solutions proposed to close a gap by targeting a need.

Articles on Assessment
    Tips
    • Link the subject to the environment where a learner will encounter the gap
    • Create an "educational linkage" from the discovery of the problem, through the education, to the expected outcomes.
    • Quantify the information being presented
    • Avoid generalities
    • Provide backup for claims and statements
    • Try not to state more than you prove
    • If possible, provide outcomes information from previous, similar, activities
    • Draw connections - a Needs Assessment is a narative document
    • Consider options, even if you do not have the resources to address some needs or gaps, it is worth listing them
    The following information is garnered from internal research by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
    • Diagnose This Review: Summer, 2011. Gaps uncovered via online diagnosis simulation, reviewed for validity and contributing needs.
      • Evidence in:
        • Contact lens fitting and management of related complications.
        • Diagnostic evaluation of white retinal lesions.
        • Management of orbital lymphangioma.
        • Differentiation of abnormal and normal gonioscopic findings.
        • Differentiation of microbiologic studies.
    Witkin, Belle Ruth., and James W. Altschuld. Planning and Conducting Needs Assessments: a Practical Guide. Thousand Oaks, Calif. u.a.: Sage Publ., 2006. Print.

Altschuld, James W., and Belle Ruth Witkin. From Needs Assessment to Action: Transforming Needs into Solution Strategies. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2000. Print.

Gupta, Kavita, Darlene F. Russ-Eft, and Catherine Sleezer. A Practical Guide to Needs Assessment. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer/Wiley, 2007. Print.

World Health Organization (WHO) Needs Assessment: Evaluation of Psychoactive Substance Use Disorder Treatment

After a few years, one feels like Jor-El ranting at his fellow scientists on Krypton. That planet exploded, by the way. Killed almost everybody.

The fundamentals of CE accreditation (not approval), standards of commercial support, physician learning theory, etc., are attainable by optometry. COPE has two flavors of CE accreditation, provider and activity, recognized as equivalent to medicine and acceptable to joint accreditation with other professions. You can look it up.

Optometry lacks knowledge, interest, and the will. I don’t know why that is, really.

OD learners, however, would benefit as well as our patients and the public health. It’s not like I made this all up. It’s not like we can hide forever.

After a few years, one feels like Jor-El ranting at his fellow scientists on Krypton. That planet exploded, by the way. Killed almost everybody.

The fundamentals of CE accreditation (not approval), standards of commercial support, physician learning theory, etc., are attainable by optometry. COPE has two flavors of CE accreditation, provider and activity, recognized as equivalent to medicine and acceptable to joint accreditation with other professions. You can look it up.

Optometry lacks knowledge, interest, and the will. I don’t know why that is, really.

OD learners, however, would benefit as well as our patients and the public health. It’s not like I made this all up. It’s not like we can hide forever.
Mike, as someone who has been responsible for providing CE for the past 7 years or so, I feel your pain.

What is frustrating to me personally is that with ARBO, you have a structure that is already in place which really could elevate educational standards, if there is the political will to do so on the part of optometry. You've got the personnel in place, you have the technical infrastructure, you just need the juice to get providers to up their game.

Anecdotally, I just spent three work-days and around $15,000 (including Nova signoff) getting the 64+ hours at CEwire2021 COPE-approved for on demand usage.

For those who haven't gone through the approval process before, there is a structure in place where the talks must meet certain criteria in order to be approved, and you use a web interface to document that each talk meets the standard and is qualified. This is fairly arduous to do on a large scale.

But what is important here is that there is a structure -- people, technology, etc -- that is all set up and running. If there was the political will, standards could be cranked up to an arbitrarily high level, within this existing framework.

I'm not sure how Illinois is going to enhance this process by looking over our application (which basically says "we meet ARBOs standards and have for the past 7 years, is that OK?") but I do know that our application made it to Springfield yesterday, so IL docs... stay tuned!

ad

As you know I read the application also Adam. If we don't qualify to provide CE to Illinois Optometry NO ONE does. AS they list the criteria needed, we check each box in spades! Let us see what the week brings but I would hope they see the light.

Mike, as someone who has been responsible for providing CE for the past 7 years or so, I feel your pain.

What is frustrating to me personally is that with ARBO, you have a structure that is already in place which really could elevate educational standards, if there is the political will to do so on the part of optometry. You've got the personnel in place, you have the technical infrastructure, you just need the juice to get providers to up their game.

Anecdotally, I just spent three work-days and around $15,000 (including Nova signoff) getting the 64+ hours at CEwire2021 COPE-approved for on demand usage.

For those who haven't gone through the approval process before, there is a structure in place where the talks must meet certain criteria in order to be approved, and you use a web interface to document that each talk meets the standard and is qualified. This is fairly arduous to do on a large scale.

But what is important here is that there is a structure -- people, technology, etc -- that is all set up and running. If there was the political will, standards could be cranked up to an arbitrarily high level, within this existing framework.

I'm not sure how Illinois is going to enhance this process by looking over our application (which basically says "we meet ARBOs standards and have for the past 7 years, is that OK?") but I do know that our application made it to Springfield yesterday, so IL docs... stay tuned!

ad

It’s a sad commentary on optometry. As a regulated health care profession held to the medical standards of care by law, the topic speaks poorly of our senses of duty both to patients and to our own colleagues. But, here we are.

COPE-accredited CE isn’t perfect; neither is ACCME accredited CME. They will always be works in progress. So, ill-mannered or poorly researched barbs mean little or nothing.

The meaning is actually found in the absence of any sort of knowledge, moxie, or caring whatsoever. It’s not that everyone is awful, yada, yada. As always, it comes down to mission. Sometimes, optometry suffers from a bit of discrimination of sorts. More often, we seek the path of least resistance and actually choose lesser standards or no standards from our own profession. Again, this is what it is. It’s up to optometrists, really.

So tell me how this plays in California where they seem to break things down to live and not live therefore self study? Looks like you are live over four different weeks. Am I reading that right?

https://www.optometry.ca.gov/formspubs/covid_cont_ed.pdf

I see UCBSO just put up the Sarver-Morgan Symposium online live. Another O.D. mentioned it to me and I said they are probably going to charge $30/unit. I looked and it is $28/unit so close. They are nuts and I'll pass. I'd much prefer here and I told him to take a look and he went what is ODWire.

So tell me how this plays in California where they seem to break things down to live and not live therefore self study? Looks like you are live over four different weeks. Am I reading that right?

Correct we are Live with speakers answering questions in real time for 4 weekends.

At most 16 hours live can be taken each weekend. For this reason, the additional 3 weekends have identical courses scheduled during the same hours with the presenters live in attendance. This means if an OD wishes they can take all 64 hours live through June.

Most states don't require that many live hours. For this reason we offer the identical courses "On Demand". However to receive credit in many states the On Demand (self study) courses require a 10 question multiple choice quiz with a passing grade of 70%. The quiz can be repeated as many time as needed to receive a passing grade.

After 6 years and a very demanding Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO), CEwire should meet the requirements for most State Boards. The modest cost per credit hour makes the cost for re-licensure easy onr the OD budget.

Registrations are very robust. This demonstrates the need and I guess the quality and reasonable price of the 4 events

Hey gang...I have one question regarding the Live Events:

I know the lecture must be observed in real time, but do I need to take the CE Test portion directly afterwards to receive “live” credit, or can the test wait until a different time or day to receive live credit?

Thank you guys for the hard work!

Hey gang...I have one question regarding the Live Events:

I know the lecture must be observed in real time, but do I need to take the CE Test portion directly afterwards to receive “live” credit, or can the test wait until a different time or day to receive live credit?

Thank you guys for the hard work!
For the LIVE event when the speaker is in the room to chat and Q & A THERE IS NO QUIZ REQUIRED!!!!!! There is a quiz if you take the recorded lecture in between the LIVE events! This quiz can be taken at any time after you watch.

The software will track your attendance. Just make sure your OEtracker number is correct. WE send to ARBO.