Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
CEwire2022 is Coming Soon!

Come back to this forum for more information and to ask questions about the event.

Paul Farkas

ODwire.org Supporting Member
Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
CEwire2022 is Coming Soon!

Come back to this forum for more information and to ask questions about the event.
Mark those week end dates on your calendar.

There were requests from ODs, who have Saturday hours and needed to attend live classes only on Sunday, their day off.

Others wanted fewer weekends for live courses. To accommodate both requests we are presenting the full 60 hours with longer hours daily over 3 weekends, rather than 4 as in the past.

AdminWolf

Site Administrator & Tech Lead
Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Mark those weekend dates on your calendar.

There were requests from ODs, who have Saturday hours and needed to attend live classes only on Sunday, their day off.
Others wanted fewer weekends for live courses. To accommodate both requests we are presenting the full 60 hours with longer hours daily over 3 weekends, rather than 4 as in the past.
Right, the plan is each weekend to do two 10-hours days -- that's a total of 60 credits that people could get if they sat through the whole thing on all 3 weekends

ad

AdminWolf

Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Registration is open!

This thread is public, and designed for people to ask questions before they register.

Note that once you sign up, you'll get access to the private CEwire2022 forum, where we'll begin to discuss each lecture in more detail, and learn more about what vendors are offering at the show.

-- ad

Editor's note: private CEwire2022 forum Not open until registration begins.

Kent Jensen

Mar 20, 2006
School/Org
University of Missouri
City
San Antonio
State
TX
From ARBO.... So will CEWire count as LIVE?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/arbo.org/public/COPE+Announces+Transition+Period+FINAL+10.29.21.pdf

COPE Announces Transition Period for Interactive Online CE
10/29/2021
In response to travel restrictions and many states adopting emergency orders related to COVID-19 in 2020, COPE
temporarily modified its format policy to allow COPE Administrators and Accredited Providers to give “live” credit for CE
courses that were presented in an interactive distance learning format (i.e. live webinar.) Since in-person CE is resuming
and state emergency orders have expired, this temporary policy modification is ending 12/31/2021 and “live” COPE CE
will require both learners and instructors to be physically present in the same room.

Paul Farkas

ODwire.org Supporting Member
Staff member
Dec 28, 2000
www.odwire.org
School/Org
Columbia University / PCO
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
CE
will require both learners and instructors to be physically present in the same room.
It is best to check with your state board, however before we placed the final touches for CEwire2022, we made certain our approach has the approval of ARBO and COPE.

Through 6/31/22 the following is considered on line instructor and learner are in the same room...

LIVE Online:
February 19 & 20
March 19 & 20
May 14 & 15

Certain states also allow "On Demand"courses for state board credit which requires a 10 question multiple choice quiz

.. and ON DEMAND through August 1, 2022.

Both Live Online and On Demand will allow participants to have access to all 60 credits.

AdminWolf

Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
The answer is "it depends". And by that I mean, "It depends on your state".

All online education will be classified as "Online Interactive" (as before the pandemic), but with no tests.

It is up to each state to decide if they are going to honor this same as being there "in person".

As far as we can tell, all of the states on the west coast (CA-WA-OR) and Canada will honor the CE as live.

The rest of the states i'm not sure about.

By reverting on 1/1/22, ARBO has effectively pushed this issue back to each individual board. For better or worse :-(

As we find out about additional states, we'll let you know (and if anyone has reached out to their boards, please let us know here...)

ad

From ARBO.... So will CEWire count as LIVE?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/arbo.org/public/COPE+Announces+Transition+Period+FINAL+10.29.21.pdf

COPE Announces Transition Period for Interactive Online CE
10/29/2021
In response to travel restrictions and many states adopting emergency orders related to COVID-19 in 2020, COPE
temporarily modified its format policy to allow COPE Administrators and Accredited Providers to give “live” credit for CE
courses that were presented in an interactive distance learning format (i.e. live webinar.) Since in-person CE is resuming
and state emergency orders have expired, this temporary policy modification is ending 12/31/2021 and “live” COPE CE

AdminWolf

Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR

All online education will be classified as "Online Interactive" (as before the pandemic), but with no tests.

It is up to each state to decide if they are going to honor this same as being there "in person".

As far as we can tell, all of the states on the west coast (CA-WA-OR) and Canada will honor the CE as live.

By reverting on 1/1/22, ARBO has effectively pushed this issue back to each individual board. For better or worse :-(

As we find out about additional states, we'll let you know (and if anyone has reached out to their boards, please let us know here...)

ad
With the rise of Omicron, I think ARBO's decision may have been a bit premature, but I don't see them walking it back. Each state is going to have to decide what it considers acceptable.

Judging by the strong registration rates that we're seeing from the west coast and Canada, I can safely say that people are still gun-shy about travelling if they don't have to.

AdminWolf

Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
We're extending the early bird discount until January 3rd (I am a dunce, when I set up the system months ago, I forgot that new years fell over a weekend). So many people have e-mailed asking me to extend it to monday when they're back in the office.

I'm sending out an eblast to everyone letting them know of the change.

thanks & sorry about that.
adam

Kacie Monroe

Mar 15, 2007
School/Org
Indiana University School of Optometry
City
Marshalltown
State
IA

ad

Iowa is allowing optometrists to complete all CE online through June 30, 2022. Our license renewal cycle starts over July 1, 2022, and as of now our requirements go back to normal at that date with only 10 hours of CE allowed to be online, the rest in person. But I was told the IOA was working to change that as well.

Reactions: Steve Silberberg
Luneau Technology USA