February 25 & 26 [download schedule]
April 29 & 30
June 3 & 4
September 9 & 10

... and ON DEMAND through December 1, 2023

Pay ONE PRICE to access:
  • ALL four live events
  • Interactive Lectures & Real-Time Chat Text with Speakers
  • The Private CEwire2023 Discussion Forum, where attendees can securely interact with speakers and other conference goers before, during and after the live events and discuss each talk
  • Exclusive Vendor Discounts
REGISTER HERE

Reactions: Maria Znamenska
Please ask any questions you have about CEwire2023 in this thread. We'll create a FAQ from these questions as we draw closer to kickoff!

Hi! Will you send us email with a link to login on the day of 02/25 or before so we can get ready for the live CE ? Also, is there a way to access more off line CEs on 02/25 and 02/26 beside the live CEs?

Hi! Will you send us email with a link to login on the day of 02/25 or before so we can get ready for the live CE ? Also, is there a way to access more off line CEs on 02/25 and 02/26 beside the live CEs?
Hi Phoenix,
We're going to have an open house/orientation tomorrow at 6:30 ET, we'll be livestreaming for a few hours, you can come in and test your account out, download handouts, ask us questions, etc.

You'll get an email with login instructions tomorrow morning, but in case you don't, at the scheduled time tomorrow just go to https://www.cewire2023.com and click on the login link, which will appear at the top of the page.

Thanks!
Adam

I'd do this but am too lazy and would have to clear the weekend..... also not sure of the TN rules re live vs recorded.

Editor's note: Updated TN rules...
Fifteen (15) hours of the forty (40) hour requirement may be completed in any of
the following multi-media formats:

1. (i) The Internet
  2. (ii) Closed circuit television
  3. (iii) Satellite broadcasts
  4. (iv) Correspondence courses
  5. (v) Videotapes
  6. (vi) CD-ROM
  7. (vii) DVD
  8. (viii) Teleconferencing
  9. (ix) Videoconferencing
  10. (x) Distance learning

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello - Thanks for setting up CEWIRE2023.

Just wondering, how do you ensure your OE Tracker number is linked to your account so you will get credit for attending the seminars?

Thanks again!

Hello - Thanks for setting up CEWIRE2023.

Just wondering, how do you ensure your OE Tracker number is linked to your account so you will get credit for attending the seminars?

Thanks again!
Hi Clement!

Pull up your account profile --

https://www.odwire.org/community/account/

Scroll down a bit, you'll see "optional ARBO OE Tracker #" . If it is correct, you're good to go. Or you can replace it and hit "Save" to put in a new one.

Thanks!
Adam

I'd do this but am too lazy and would have to clear the weekend..... also not sure of the TN rules re live vs recorded.

Editor's note: Updated TN rules...
Fifteen (15) hours of the forty (40) hour requirement may be completed in any of
the following multi-media formats:

1. (i) The Internet
  2. (ii) Closed circuit television
  3. (iii) Satellite broadcasts
  4. (iv) Correspondence courses
  5. (v) Videotapes
  6. (vi) CD-ROM
  7. (vii) DVD
  8. (viii) Teleconferencing
  9. (ix) Videoconferencing
  10. (x) Distance learning
From an ARBO email I got this afternoon. Apparently, "Live on-line" CE is not considered "in-person" CE by ARBO. TN states they follow ARBOs recommendation on if a course is live or distance.

, TN requires a total of 40 hours of CE for the 24 months preceding your license renewal month. I have listed the CE cycle above. Also remember, 25 of the hours must be in ocular related disease categories. You also cannot have more than 15 hours of distance learning credits.

Once you log into your account, you will see the formats of the CE you have taken. If you took over 15 hours distance learning, those hours will not count.

You also need to have current CPR and the required Prescribing Practices course in your account.

You have until March 31, 2023 to complete any missing hours. TN will not allow carryover past the CE cycle date.

Last edited:
From an ARBO email I got this afternoon. Apparently, "Live on-line" CE is not considered "in-person" CE by ARBO. TN states they follow ARBOs recommendation on if a course is live or distance.
Please share that letter. Adam works very closely with ARBO. This will be news to him.

Hi Phoenix,
We're going to have an open house/orientation tomorrow at 6:30 ET, we'll be livestreaming for a few hours, you can come in and test your account out, download handouts, ask us questions, etc.

You'll get an email with login instructions tomorrow morning, but in case you don't, at the scheduled time tomorrow just go to https://www.cewire2023.com and click on the login link, which will appear at the top of the page.

Thanks!
Adam
Did all that. Can't seem to get admitted in.

1677198620211.png

Please share that letter. Adam works very closely with ARBO. This will be news to him.
Looking at my ce transcript from arbo, the ce from 2021 was considered "live" but all the ce from 2022 is considered "online interactive". And I know I watched a number of those classes live. And the state of TN will only count 15 hrs of online, non-live classes.

Now if "online interactive" is considered the same as "live" , then there will be no problem. I have an email into ARBO for clarification but they probably went home before they could answer this question.

Here is the whole initial email:

Dear TN OD:

I am in the process of auditing your hours for compliance with the TN CE requirements (period 4/1/2021-3/31/2023). You currently do not meet the CE requirements for the state of Tennessee.

I suggest you log into your OE Tracker account to see where you are deficient. Remember, TN requires a total of 40 hours of CE for the 24 months preceding your license renewal month. I have listed the CE cycle above. Also remember, 25 of the hours must be in ocular related disease categories. You also cannot have more than 15 hours of distance learning credits.

Once you log into your account, you will see the formats of the CE you have taken. If you took over 15 hours distance learning, those hours will not count.

You also need to have current CPR and the required Prescribing Practices course in your account.

You have until March 31, 2023 to complete any missing hours. TN will not allow carryover past the CE cycle date.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Donna DeLay
Program Manager/COPE Administrator

Last edited:
So here is a quote from the TN state Board:

Q - Are live/interactive webinars the same as in-person/live classes for continuing education credit?
A
– The Board will accept all courses under the classification COPE has assigned to the course and used when posting the course to the OE Tracker.

Last edited:
So I got a reply from ARBO. Apparently the state of TN does not allow CEWire Live classes to be counted beyond 15 hrs. Guess I will be heading to SECO next month.

Here is the email response.

You need an additional 16 LIVE hours. They cannot be virtual, online hours.

Best regards,

Donna DeLay
Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry

and another email....

Online is distance learning. You are already over on your distance learning hours.

Best regards,

Donna DeLay
Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry

I guess I was under the impression that if I watched the CEWire course live, it would be counted as a live course by ARBO. Paul, if that is your and Adams understanding too, then may I suggest a meeting with Donna DeLay asap to clear up this confusion. Otherwise, you may want to make it clear to all CEWire attendees that all courses taken will be considered virtual and not live by ARBO as this may have an impact on their ce planning for the year.

Thanks

Last edited:

, TN requires a total of 40 hours of CE for the 24 months preceding your license renewal month. I have listed the CE cycle above. Also remember, 25 of the hours must be in ocular related disease categories. You also cannot have more than 15 hours of distance learning credits.

Jeff -- for the past year ARBO hasn't been calling it "live" -- but rather "online interactive" -- just like before COVID. It was up to the individual states to decide whether they would deem that identical to live. Many do (the west coast for instance, NY, NJ, etc..)

In the beginning of 2023 they switched the designations entirely, any CE earned online with the speaker around to answer questions is called "Synchronous Virtual", and if the speaker isn't around (ie, you are watching on demand) it is called "Asynchronous Virtual" CE.

It is up to the states to decide whether they value "Synchronous Virtual" the same as "Synchronous, In Person". Again, many do.

This little PSA I recorded for CEwire might help --

Thanks
Adam

I guess I was under the impression that if I watched the CEWire course live, it would be counted as a live course by ARBO. Paul, if that is your and Adams understanding too, then may I suggest a meeting with Donna DeLay asap to clear up this confusion. Otherwise, you may want to make it clear to all CEWire attendees that all courses taken will be considered virtual and not live by ARBO as this may have an impact on their ce planning for the year.

Thanks
Jeff --

The credits are officially called "Synchronous Virtual", last year they were called "Online Interactive". They are functionally the same thing as last year -- they haven't been called "Live" since the beginning of 2022.

ARBO made that clear in a press release in late 2021, i'll try to dig it up somewhere.

It comes down to the individual state boards choosing to honor synchronous virtual credit same as live. Many states are (again, the west coast states and most of the the northeast are allowing just about all of it to be taken that way.)

I don't know the rules for every state, and they are constantly changing, so it is best to check with the board as they have the final word!

Thanks
Adam

Jeff -- for the past year ARBO hasn't been calling it "live" -- but rather "online interactive" -- just like before COVID. It was up to the individual states to decide whether they would deem that identical to live. Many do (the west coast for instance, NY, NJ, etc..)

In the beginning of 2023 they switched the designations entirely, any CE earned online with the speaker around to answer questions is called "Synchronous Virtual", and if the speaker isn't around (ie, you are watching on demand) it is called "Asynchronous Virtual" CE.

It is up to the states to decide whether they value "Synchronous Virtual" the same as "Synchronous, In Person". Again, many do.

This little PSA I recorded for CEwire might help --

Thanks
Adam

Thanks Adam!

Guess I was caught with my virtual ce pants down.

Have a great day!

Thanks Adam!

Guess I was caught with my virtual ce pants down.

Have a great day!
What is interesting to me -- and I will talk to ARBO about this -- is that as far as I know, they have all your email addresses. Certainly if you're registered in the OE tracker they do.

So it shouldn't be a big deal for them to send you guys important updates when the rules change. I'm not sure why they don't.

They may have and I either thought it was junk mail or my browser thought it was spam.

I am still looking forward to a great weekend of CEWire though.

They may have and I either thought it was junk mail or my browser thought it was spam.

I am still looking forward to a great weekend of CEWire though.
ARBO does a lot of good work, but they are small. One thing they could use - desperately - is a dedicated public communications person.

To clearly explain to people how things work and why. Do you know that they issued rules so that you -- as a learner -- have the right to have all your information be kept private from sponsors or other third parties when taking CE? And that CE providers have to give you an opt-in form, so you explicitly give consent to have your info given out?

That rule is new as of last summer, and I would guess 99% of ODs don't know or realize it.

I am going though the schedule of upcoming classes and trying to add them to my calendar. There is NO option to add them to an Apple calendar, only Google or yahoo. Is there some way that we can add them to our Apple devices?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys. When will past courses be archived? I'd like to watch a bunch that I missed. -Charlie

Hi guys. When will past courses be archived? I'd like to watch a bunch that I missed. -Charlie
All CEwire2023 60 hours becomes available sometime on 2/27/23-12/1/23.

Tomorrow (monday) afternoon the courses will likely be up! We just have to take care of a few loose ends from the weekend before we turn the system into its "on demand" mode.

Thanks!
Adam

Thanks guys. -Charlie

Plenty of time + with 3 more LIVE weekends. The interaction with the speakers both LIVE and here on ODwire is invaluable

Jeff,
I did the same on Friday evening.

TN is back to pre-covid rules for licenses that expire in 2023. online CE is capped at 15, and as you said, you cannot circumvent the in-person requirements

actually kinda sucks, but is what it is. a couple emails stated they were planning on revisiting the topic but either that never
happened or they decided to return all to prior rules

Reactions: Jeff Summers
Jeff,
I did the same on Friday evening.

TN is back to pre-covid rules for licenses that expire in 2023. online CE is capped at 15, and as you said, you cannot circumvent the in-person requirements

actually kinda sucks, but is what it is. a couple emails stated they were planning on revisiting the topic but either that never
happened or they decided to return all to prior rules
Many state boards complete their C/E requirements sometime during the year. A perfect time to order new rules. Best to check with state boards later in 2023 for changes.

CEwire2023 is an annual event. The 3 additional programs with speaker in attendance in real time (Synchronous) no quiz required, and the 60 your On Demand(Asynchronous) with a quiz to 12/1/23 allows plenty of time to sign up and take advantage, if your state board updates their antiquated rules.

Going to Hot-lanta this weekend to get my required in-person ce. Should be fun.
In my opinion many of the smaller Southern states support SECO. TN may wish to support SECO and hold back on line CE credits

SECO which comes in between CEwire and Vision Expo East competes for OD attendance and is feeling the pressure of lower attendance and vendor support.

Last edited:
When I try to access a course "on demand" I get this message: "The page you are looking for may be private or have restricted access." Any ideas? -Charlie

Can anyone else access courses "on demand?" -Charlie

Anyone? Anyone? I'm ready to watch a course!

Will one you guys give it a try? I want to know if the problem is one my end? -Charlie

Seems to be working this morning! -c

Does anyone know if California considers the CEwire 2023 Synchronous virtual classes as live class credit? The website states live , interactive, and participatory coursework will count toward the 30 hours of required live coursework and the remaining 20 hours can be self study( online, written that requires a quiz).

1677944094505.png