College of Optometry dean resigns, search for successor begins - The Daily Cougar

ODwire.org NewsBot

NewsBot
Staff member
Jul 30, 2007
School/Org
Newsbot U
City
Barre
State
VT
Reactions: Michael Barris
Earl Smith, O.D. is a good man.

He was the dean when I went off during a practice management lecture at U of H years ago and I told the students that the optometry school professors were not teaching them anything and that they should demand a refund of their tuition!

Needless to say, those comments did not go over well with the "real" faculty (I was as Assistant Adjunct Professor at the time) and I was summoned to the Dean's Office within a week.

After a short meeting full of laughter, it was decided that it was time for me to resign my position.

The rest is history...

Earl Smith, O.D. is a good man.

He was the dean when I went off during a practice management lecture at U of H years ago and I told the students that the optometry school professors were not teaching them anything and that they should demand a refund of their tuition!

Needless to say, those comments did not go over well with the "real" faculty (I was as Assistant Adjunct Professor at the time) and I was summoned to the Dean's Office within a week.

After a short meeting full of laughter, it was decided that it was time for me to resign my position.

The rest is history...

The nail that sticks up will get the hammer.