ODwire.org Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2006
School/Org
University of Melbourne
City
Melbourne
State
Au
My family is in process of planning our first overseas trip to Disneyland, Anaheim, possibly co-inciding with AAO meeting in Oct 2008.

I would appreciate information on a good hotel to stay at. We are looking for a superior quality hotel within walking distance to Disneyland for 2 adults and 3 children.

Any personal recommendations would be appreciated if you have stayed there.

Regards,

Graham Lakkis

Funny that I am doing the same thing to go in April! I was just going to go through all the hotels, and then realized that you are going to Anaheim, not Orlando. I don't know anything there--sorry. Have a great time though!

Family convenience versus meeting convenience

My family is in process of planning our first overseas trip to Disneyland, Anaheim, possibly co-inciding with AAO meeting in Oct 2008.

I would appreciate information on a good hotel to stay at. We are looking for a superior quality hotel within walking distance to Disneyland for 2 adults and 3 children.

Any personal recommendations would be appreciated if you have stayed there.

Regards,

Graham Lakkis

Going to Disneyland takes some good strategy for optimum enjoyment. The most convenient hotels are those on the property that are serviced by the mono-rail. They are also the most expensive.

The down side for those attending meetings, is that the meeting hotels usually are a bus ride away from the Disney features. Let the AAO send you as much information as possible then decide.

I look forward to meeting you personally at the AAO. A special thanks Graham. You are an overseas optometrist who values ODwire.org enough to have made a generous contribution and has "2008 Contributing Member" noted under your name.

Last edited:
If the Disney experience is your goal, staying at the Disneyland Hotel on site is a must. Character interaction & getting into the park early is worth the expense.

If you want a realy nice hotel, the Crowne Plaza-Anaheim is the way to go.

PS. If your kids are older, the trip up to Magic Mountain is a must if you want true "thrill' rides & big coasters.