Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
Thanks again to Dr. Mah for taking the time to speak with me.

Please place all questions for Dr. Mah -- or discussions about Pataday for that matter! -- into this thread.

Thanks!
ad

I noted towards the beginning of the talk the trend over the last 20 years of oral products for allergy has been Rx -> OTC, so it isn't a big surprise that drops are following the same the same curve.

What is most interesting to me though is how Alcon streamlined the branding, so it is all Pataday, regardless of concentration or dosing schedule. This makes sense in the face of the various flavors of olopatadine going OTC.

I noted towards the beginning of the talk the trend over the last 20 years of oral products for allergy has been Rx -> OTC, so it isn't a big surprise that drops are following the same the same curve.

What is most interesting to me though is how Alcon streamlined the branding, so it is all Pataday, regardless of concentration or dosing schedule. This makes sense in the face of the various flavors of olopatadine going OTC.

Worthwhile spending the 27 minutes.

One area not discussed was how to use these products for contact lens wearers.

Worthwhile spending the 27 minutes.

One area not discussed was how to use these products for contact lens wearers.
The dosing schedule of Pataday is actually very complementary of contact lens wear since it is either a once or twice a day drop. Instill either before or after contact lens wear.
I have several contact lens patients that I start on maintenance Pataday every spring and fall to prevent GPC.

Reactions: AdminWolf
The dosing schedule of Pataday is actually very complementary of contact lens wear since it is either a once or twice a day drop. Instill either before or after contact lens wear.
I have several contact lens patients that I start on maintenance Pataday every spring and fall to prevent GPC.
What dosing schedule do you use with most people to start? Once or twice?

What dosing schedule do you use with most people to start? Once or twice?

If we are just doing it to prevent GPC then I generally just have them use the 0.7% Pataday once a day before putting in their contacts.