Editorial: Legislators see the light on charity eyeglasses - The Spokesman Review (su

ODwire.org NewsBot

NewsBot
Staff member
Jul 30, 2007
School/Org
Newsbot U
City
Barre
State
VT
This is horrible legislation. We are not a 3rd world country without affordable eyewear available.

So, the people served by the charities will not need valid Rxes? What kind of eye care will they be getting then? Is this really in their best interest? Is this another step to completely undermine the work of and the need for optometrists?

I know that there is poverty in America, but is there no other way to help those who really need it?

This is horrible legislation. We are not a 3rd world country without affordable eyewear available.

So, the people served by the charities will not need valid Rxes? What kind of eye care will they be getting then? Is this really in their best interest? Is this another step to completely undermine the work of and the need for optometrists?

I know that there is poverty in America, but is there no other way to help those who really need it?

Yes, I do free exams on patients every week. The get vouchers for free glasses too. The ones in this article are getting no exams. I bet that alot need them too.