1. Welcome to ODwire.org, the largest and longest-running social network for eye care professionals, with over 20,000 ECP members!

We offer private peer-to-peer discussions, articles, webinars, podcasts & more!

Our site is free to all Optometrists, OD Students, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists, and practice administrators. Join us!

2. *** CEwire2020 will be online LIVE on June 27 & 28
    63 LIVE COPE-Approved Credits! [REGISTER HERE] [COURSE SCHEDULE]
    Dismiss Notice

Equiment from china

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Kenny Hopkins, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Kenny Hopkins

Kenny Hopkins Paraprofessional

Mar 31, 2012
    School/Org:
    american eyecare
    City:
    columbus
    State:
    ga
    Has anyone bought equipment from Direct from china if so what kind of problems did you have

2. Steven Nelson

Steven Nelson ODwire.org Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2007
    School/Org:
    SCO
    City:
    Fredericksburg
    State:
    TX
    I bought a portable phoroptor and tripod stand that's a Chinese knockoff and it cost $3,000 for both and it included the stand and it works like a champ.

3. #3 Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    Kent H. Juffer

Kent H. Juffer ODwire.org Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    School/Org:
    Illinois College of Optometry
    City:
    Mason City
    State:
    IA
    Making China stronger ..... one microeconomic event at a time. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

4. Greg Vickers

Greg Vickers Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    School/Org:
    City:
    Minocqua
    State:
    WI
    is direct from china a web site? Nelson, just curious where?

5. Steven Nelson

Steven Nelson ODwire.org Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2007
    School/Org:
    SCO
    City:
    Fredericksburg
    State:
    TX
    No, I actually didn't know it was Chinese until I inquired after its arrival. I purchased it from a company called Affordable Portables located in Pharr, TX (where I actually have several nursing homes). I only use it periodically for nursing home staff and didn't need an expensive rig and it actually came as a set. There are only a couple of companies that supply them, so it's not like I had a myriad of choices. It's primarily designed for mobile military and mission type setups, but it suited my need perfectly.

6. Greg Vickers

Greg Vickers Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    School/Org:
    City:
    Minocqua
    State:
    WI
    Had some catch up work at the office today and dragged the kids along. I put the 12yo in charge of refilling the SV lens blank drawers and he gave me crap about buying chinese lenses. I didn't know what he was talking about so I looked and every single one of the different brands of ophthalmic lenses were all made in china and purchased through Lenstock.com.