Equiment from china

I bought a portable phoroptor and tripod stand that's a Chinese knockoff and it cost $3,000 for both and it included the stand and it works like a champ.

Making China stronger ..... one microeconomic event at a time. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Last edited:
is direct from china a web site? Nelson, just curious where?

No, I actually didn't know it was Chinese until I inquired after its arrival. I purchased it from a company called Affordable Portables located in Pharr, TX (where I actually have several nursing homes). I only use it periodically for nursing home staff and didn't need an expensive rig and it actually came as a set. There are only a couple of companies that supply them, so it's not like I had a myriad of choices. It's primarily designed for mobile military and mission type setups, but it suited my need perfectly.

Had some catch up work at the office today and dragged the kids along. I put the 12yo in charge of refilling the SV lens blank drawers and he gave me crap about buying chinese lenses. I didn't know what he was talking about so I looked and every single one of the different brands of ophthalmic lenses were all made in china and purchased through Lenstock.com.