Expert Optometrist, Caryn M. West, OD, FAAO, ABO, is to be Recognized as a 2017 Top Doctor...

ODwire.org NewsBot

NewsBot
Staff member
Jul 30, 2007
School/Org
Newsbot U
City
Barre
State
VT
Hey, I was voted a top Urologist. I guess I should have spent the $179 on the plaque.

Quick poll boys and girls:

Which is more worthless
The plaque
ABO?

One vote per person please!

Reactions: Greg Gemoules
I don't know but she's got both. Does that mean it's double worthless? A couple of more letters behind her name and it'll be longer than the name itself.

Expert Optometrist, Caryn M. West, OD, FAAO, ABO, is to be Recognized as a 2017 Top Doctor in Sumter, South Carolina
PR NewsChannel (press release)
Caryn M. West, OD, FAAO, ABO, Optometrist at Caryn M. West & Associates, has been named a 2017 Top Doctor in Sumter, South Carolina. Top Doctor Awards is dedicated to selecting and honoring those healthcare practitioners who have demonstrated ...

Continue reading...
How can we qualify for top expert level? I'm willing to pay $ 49 for an award with plaque.

For the $179 you get the plaque and Urology degree. A lucite one for your desk was more.

Think any of our patients would notice? Anybody have anyone come in asking if you are ABO certified?

This is one I keep at my desk.

1510760422221.jpg

For the $179 you get the plaque and Urology degree. A lucite one for your desk was more.

Think any of our patients would notice? Anybody have anyone come in asking if you are ABO certified?
Does it read "Master of Urology" ? In 36 years, it is rare for a patient to look for my license or diploma. let alone ABO.

Wow we will just shit over anything here won't we? Following information about Dr. West down the rabbit hole of the web, it appears that she is in private practice, supports her local and national association and is fighting the good fight. If she feels that this top doc thing is good marketing, and it brings patients into her practice, good for her.

Maybe you're all just jealous?

I'm more impressed with the superlative doctors and nurses mentioned on the sidebar!

I need to buy into some of that prestigious excellence!

Wow we will just shit over anything here won't we? Following information about Dr. West down the rabbit hole of the web, it appears that she is in private practice, supports her local and national association and is fighting the good fight. If she feels that this top doc thing is good marketing, and it brings patients into her practice, good for her.

In California I think we have/ had a state board prohibition against claiming you are superior to others. Buying a false award would meet that criteria. Not criticizing her though since we don't know the full story.

Relax,
Just kidding. I am changing the name of my office to "Voted best Optometrist in NJ"!:)

Everyone realizes these things are a sham. Dr. West sounds like a lovely person, though.

Hawaii's Leading Optometrist Receives Worldwide Recognition

Angel Adolfo Camblor, B.S., O.D., of Hilo, Hawaii, noted graduate of the prestigious University of Houston College of Optometry, has been awarded the "Platinum Phoroptor Award" granted for superior refracting achievement.

"I am thrilled to receive this honor, yet again", said Dr. Camblor at the International Conference of Leading Optometrists And Visual Scientists (ICLOAVS), held annually in Piscataway, New Jersey.

He is the Conference's only eleven-time honoree.

(You can have that for free, AAC.)

Angel Adolfo Camblor, B.S., O.D., of Hilo, Hawaii, noted graduate of the prestigious University of Houston College of Optometry, has been awarded the "Platinum Phoroptor Award" granted for superior refracting achievement.

"I am thrilled to receive this honor, yet again", said Dr. Camblor at the International Conference of Leading Optometrists And Visual Scientists (ICLOAVS), held annually in Piscataway, New Jersey.

Thanks! I'll treasure it.

Reactions: Jeff Kiener

Dr. Camblor said that his prodigious talent was due in large part to his better than average dexterity. He told the ICLOAVS that he takes a lot of supplements to keep his finger joints in tip top condition, and does special exercises to maintain flexibility, and wears custom digit warmers at night. Dr. Camblor has been compared to the late pianist, Liberace not only for his dexterity, but also for his flair and showmanship. "Refraction is not just a precise science, it is also an art that requires a great deal of interpretation," said Dr. Camblor. "If you aren't entertaining, then you will quickly lose the patient and they will nod off," said the doctor.

Dr. Camblor began entertaining audiences at a young age, thrilling his classmates and teachers at his grade school talent show with a captivating rendition of Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean," bringing down the house. Alas, his love for science, the eye and optometry brought his near-foray into Vaudeville to an end, a decision for which his patients are ever grateful. "Dr. Camblor saved my life when he discovered a melanoma that numerous other eye doctors had overlooked," reported patient Johanna Johnson. "All his other patients call him Dr. Camblor, but to me he will aways be Dr. Angel."