Staff member
Feb 24, 2001
School/Org
University of Michigan Medical School
City
Lake Oswego
State
OR
In this ODwire.org TV show, we discuss some of the latest patient trends around flexible wear, and the AIR OPTIX® NIGHT & DAY® AQUA lens with Drs. Harue Marsden and Joe Barr.

This was one of Dr. Marsden's final interviews, I know we all miss her a great deal. :( But it is great to hear her talking one last time about a subject that she loved!

Adam, would it be possible to put a date on your videos? It would be helpful to know when something was recorded when we see it later.

And BTW, I am a long-time and proud continuous wear contact lens gal!

Also, I notice that you are identifying yourself as DR. Adam Farkas on this one. :)

Adam, would it be possible to put a date on your videos? It would be helpful to know when something was recorded when we see it later.

And BTW, I am a long-time and proud continuous wear contact lens gal!

Good idea! will do for the future ones, i have to go back and check the dates on some of these.

Also, I notice that you are identifying yourself as DR. Adam Farkas on this one. :)
This one was shot out of sequence, so the old graphics are in place. I didn't even notice that I had changed what they said!

Enjoyed hearing the late Dr. Marsden(who I met at SCCO at a Contex Ortho-k seminar in the 1990s)) and the honest,sharp, and open minded Dr. Joe Barr about flexible wear Air Optix Night and Day. Knowing that Dr. Barr worked for B+L for quite a while wondered if B+L is coming out with an EW lens like Air Optix N+D? It didn't surprise me that Joe endorsed the Air Optix night and day for ew,even though it is not made by B+L. I have worn this lens myself and is very comfortable but lens is a little blurry after a few days(Silicon hydrogel is hydrophobic and edges were hard to get very thin and smooth). Is B+L Soflens 38 approved for EW? What about Hard Silicon Acrylate corneal lenses compared to scleral. I am not sold on EW for sclerals because I don't see the optimum metabolic tear pump Dr. Len Bronstein taught me to clinically observe. Any chance you can ask Dr. Barr about his observation ,clinically, at Ohio State College of Optometry? I know I can trust what Dr. Barr observes.

Enjoyed hearing the late Dr. Marsden(who I met at SCCO at a Contex Ortho-k seminar in the 1990s)) and the honest,sharp, and open minded Dr. Joe Barr about flexible wear Air Optix Night and Day. Knowing that Dr. Barr worked for B+L for quite a while wondered if B+L is coming out with an EW lens like Air Optix N+D? It didn't surprise me that Joe endorsed the Air Optix night and day for ew,even though it is not made by B+L. I have worn this lens myself and is very comfortable but lens is a little blurry after a few days(Silicon hydrogel is hydrophobic and edges were hard to get very thin and smooth). Is B+L Soflens 38 approved for EW? What about Hard Silicon Acrylate corneal lenses compared to scleral. I am not sold on EW for sclerals because I don't see the optimum metabolic tear pump Dr. Len Bronstein taught me to clinically observe. Any chance you can ask Dr. Barr about his observation ,clinically, at Ohio State College of Optometry? I know I can trust what Dr. Barr observes.

I'll ask Dr. Barr (@Joe Barr) if he can respond...

thanks
ad